Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Time For Holland to Awaken From His Slumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Who of the available D, do you think is an upgrade on Ceci. Expecting 4 players is crazy
Again, not really, being not in LTIR gives them a bit more flexibility than it otherwise would.

I also assume Ceci jettisoned, Possibly Foegele, and they can send down Holloway to make space as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Again, not really, being not in LTIR gives them a bit more flexibility than it otherwise would.

I also assume Ceci jettisoned, Possibly Foegele, and they can send down Holloway to make space as well.
Again, who is actually available that’s an upgrade on Ceci. Carrier isn’t available. I think it was Tanev or bust.
And it’s not a cap issue, all and every report has been 2-3 players. Holland in his entire career has never added 4 players at the deadline and I can’t see that changing now.

God I hatttte that franchise with this LTIR bullshit. Such an uneven playing field
It is but at the same time. They can miss one of their top 2 players and still be a playoff team. We would miss if McDavid or Drai missed that much time.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Again, who is actually available that’s an upgrade on Ceci. Carrier isn’t available. I think it was Tanev or bust.
And it’s not a cap issue, all and every report has been 2-3 players. Holland in his entire career has never added 4 players at the deadline and I can’t see that changing now.
Then I guess just give up, like I keep saying. You have decided these things. Until stated otherwise, these players are out there and available.

God I hatttte that franchise with this LTIR bullshit. Such an uneven playing field
Losing Eichel and Theodore after the deadline would look good on them.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
NHL still catering to their cheating ways. That LTIR shit is getting old.

Meh, I don’t mind the patience. Mistakes now amplify down the road.
I think Holland has his trades done for the most part before the last day even hits (irons in the fire). Like trades sitting at 85-90% agreed upon. It's probably going to be at least one trade he's been working on for months.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

It is but at the same time. They can miss one of their top 2 players and still be a playoff team. We would miss if McDavid or Drai missed that much time.
Yes it all comes down to management in the end.

I always say. The gm here needs to erase McDavid or him and drai on a whiteboard and try your hardest to build a bubble team. That's a pure contender.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Then I guess just give up, like I keep saying. You have decided these things. Until stated otherwise, these players are out there and available.

Losing Eichel and Theodore after the deadline would look good on them.
What are you even talking about? Not adding 4 players means giving up?

It’s a simple question. If you expect Holland to upgrade on Ceci, got to have a feeling of someone who is actually available that’s an upgrade.

And what have I decided? That unavailable guys are unavailable? They literally came out and said Carrier isn’t available.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
How are they gonna fit Henrique? 3 way trade with double retention? Or just blow our entire load on one player?

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I definitely like that Mantha deal. I assume the 4th is the cost of retention. A good power forward, although his size is more of a shield than a hammer. He would have been good here.

I think thats a great way of putting it, and I think a lot of people around here severely underrate the value of having these “shield” type players come playoff time. Sure, we’d all love it if every roleplayer was prime Lucic, but there are very few players of that ilk in today’s game. Players who cannot be pushed around are valuable. Bjugstad was nice too, even when he wasn’t going offensively, he is not going to be pushed off of pucks. Size is a shield.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
How are they gonna fit Henrique? 3 way trade with double retention? Or just blow our entire load on one player?
He would fit fairly straightforwardly with 75% retention. Pretty sure with enough left over to turn gagner into an upgrade on another retained player.

That would be it without money out though.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
He would fit fairly straightforwardly with 75% retention. Pretty sure with enough left over to turn gagner into an upgrade on another retained player.

That would be it without money out though.
We better not trade Samwise again. If we ditch him before the playoffs again I will lose it. He has bled Blue and orange/copper and blue for years. Nobody deserves to play at least one playoff game in Oilers colors more than Sam ***king Gagner!

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
IMG_2982.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad