Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Time For Holland to Awaken From His Slumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
O...K so I guess I'll re-post this since @Bryanbryoil screwed me in the last thread by closing it immediately after my long and very informative post. ;)

Kind of surprised we haven’t seen at least one trade this week
I'm not. The insane parity that we're seeing particularly in the wild card race in both conferences is casting a lot of doubt among many teams whether or not to sell. The buyers are pretty clear, there's a clear top 6 in each conference. In terms of sellers? It's literally one team in the east in Columbus and 4 in the west in Arizona, Chicago, Anaheim and San Jose. Kind of crazy that the entire league is heavily in the playoff race outside of 5 teams in, now, early March but that's where we are.

Hopefully a lot of this is fleshed out in the next week and a half but time is running out and it's starting to appear that it's going to be a harsh market for buyers because there's a ton of demand but precious little supply. The fly in the ointment is Calgary and, to a lesser extent, St. Louis, Nashville, Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly. All teams with a lot of pieces that buyers want but teams that are currently in or close to a playoff spot.
The one thing we know for almost certain is that Hanifin will be moved but maybe Calgary, lol, thinks they have a shot at a Cup run so they keep him then lose him for nothing in the summer. Wouldn't that be nice?
In any event, there's tons of uncertainty out there so I expect the bulk of the deals to occur late next week.

Reactions: Faelko

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I thought that closed awful fast 😂
Last thread:

200w.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
O...K so I guess I'll re-post this since @Bryanbryoil screwed me in the last thread by closing it immediately after my long and very informative post. ;)

I'm not. The insane parity that we're seeing particularly in the wild card race in both conferences is casting a lot of doubt among many teams whether or not to sell. The buyers are pretty clear, there's a clear top 6 in each conference. In terms of sellers? It's literally one team in the east in Columbus and 4 in the west in Arizona, Chicago, Anaheim and San Jose. Kind of crazy that the entire league is heavily in the playoff race outside of 5 teams in, now, early March but that's where we are.

Hopefully a lot of this is fleshed out in the next week and a half but time is running out and it's starting to appear that it's going to be a harsh market for buyers because there's a ton of demand but precious little supply. The fly in the ointment is Calgary and, to a lesser extent, St. Louis, Nashville, Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly. All teams with a lot of pieces that buyers want but teams that are currently in or close to a playoff spot.
The one thing we know for almost certain is that Hanifin will be moved but maybe Calgary, lol, thinks they have a shot at a Cup run so they keep him then lose him for nothing in the summer. Wouldn't that be nice?
In any event, there's tons of uncertainty out there so I expect the bulk of the deals to occur late next week.
Can't please all the people all the time, so as long as I please the ladies IDGAF about the rest :sarcasm:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Also @Spawn Holland didn't give up a 1st for any of those other rentals (AA, Bjugstad, Brassard etc.). I think he'll hold firm on not giving up a 1st for guys like Mantha or Tarasenko. For that reason, I think it takes the Oilers out of the race for Guentzel and Toffoli if he hits the market.

I could see them being in the market for Buchnevich because he has term but I have no idea how they fit that caphit in next season. This season, they could just send Foegele and Kulak or Ceci out and that'll cover it.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I am usually the last guy to get into this gossip crap, but I found it interesting that Kane and McDavid apparently unfollowed one another on Instagram. Kane has everybody else followed, like Drai and whoever has it on the team from the looks of it. Have to check mcdavids list

Looks like McDavid unfollowed him as well. Weird

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I’m still wondering why Buchnevich would even be available?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I am usually the last guy to get into this gossip crap, but I found it interesting that Kane and McDavid apparently unfollowed one another on Instagram. Kane has everybody else followed, like Drai and whoever has it on the team from the looks of it. Have to check mcdavids list

New aged petty shit? Not sure if there's an issue there or not, but Kane hasn't been the impact player that he's been in the past.

IF Kane is open to a move, that could free up cap to add another impact player. We'd definitely need to replace his toughness though.

Reactions: MoontoScott

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

Interesting. This could mean absolutely nothing but it would also explain alot.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
New aged petty shit? Not sure if there's an issue there or not, but Kane hasn't been the impact player that he's been in the past.

IF Kane is open to a move, that could free up cap to add another impact player. We'd definitely need to replace his toughness though.
If it’s true we probably see him moved out

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That would be ultra petty of a team captain nowadays to do no matter how much you can’t stand a teammate.

In old days,ya , you could marginalize and ignore a teammate and keep it in house but in today’s highly visible social media world doing something like that just cries out and brings more public spotlight to what, if true, should probably be a locker room matter.

Weird times if so.

Maybe it’s something more simple like Connor got his bachelor party gift from Evander and he didn’t like it. ;)

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I’m still wondering why Buchnevich would even be available?
Because he could return a haul for them. If he’s available lots of teams are going to be interested. I’ve liked Buchnevich since watching him in the WJC’s he’s the full package. Smart player, works hard all over the ice. He’s big, skates well and isn’t afraid to be physical. Can score can defend, I would absolutely love to see him on the Oilers but I think they’d basically have to give up much of their trade capital to upgrade one position even though it would be incredibly impactful.

Lots of teams are going to be bidding for his services, he will be expensive.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

And there goes Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad