Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Time For Holland to Awaken From His Slumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The Canucks are so scared of the Oilers landing Guentzel, that they’d trade Lindholm weeks after selling the farm for him? Do I have that right?
I always figured Lindholm was an insurance policy for Pettersson, and given the rumours about the potential trade to Carolina, it seems like they got what they wanted. That's just me though.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
This suggests to me that Guentzel has told Dubas he'll waive for Edmonton. Guentzel is the Oilers' guy and I would bet my bottom dollar he'll be an Oiler by Friday night.
Does Edmonton ever win those “Edmonton and “X” interested” rumours. I can’t think of one time

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I thought Vinny was great tonight with Nurse. That's a good litmus test to follow up the game against the Penguins. Not sure how it affects any plans this week though.
He was solid. The biggest difference I saw (have to verify that the eye test matches the analytics) is that VD plays his freaking position. He isn’t roaming to the wrong side, roaming out of position, etc. his positional play was great. He is also not getting beat off the rush like Ceci does like 10 times a game. He worked on his skating- but I think he has been way more adept at using his reach and stick to make up for speed.

Hyman, Lucic Barrie Ryan Smyth that’s all I got.
Hyman always wanted to come to Edmonton. There was no other team. Same with Lucic. Barrie was traded to Edmonton wasn’t he? Even if he wasn’t- there wasn’t a huge market for him. Smyth forced a trade out of LA because he wanted to finish his career at home.

Id like 3c with Mcleod back on Leons wing, at least at first.
Nuge needs a scoring winger on his line. Kane and Janmark are not it.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Lindholm left and went to the locker room

If it's trade related that is terrible lol. Playing a guy and risking injury if you are that close to a deal

Or maybe he got hurt

Reactions: McDoused

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Ceci out and Janmark waived is basically the same cap as Laughton and Walker at 50%.

Guentzel at 25% is only a 550k difference with Holloway sent down or as part of the return.

Dowd over Ryan is a 400k increase.

Oilers could realistically take Guentzel at 50% and still fit in an upgrade at 2RW. Say Roslovic from CBJ at 25%. Spread out the talent.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Guentzel Drai Roslovic
Kane Laughton Foegele
McLeod Dowd Perry

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Desharnais
Kulak Walker

Kulak Walker pair could actually produce some offense out there, and we know what Ekholm Bouch can do. Desi Nurse can be a shutdown pair that play mostly with a Laughton centered checking line. That makes it a very hard game for an opponents skilled players.

Reactions: soothsayer

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
Ceci out and Janmark waived is basically the same cap as Laughton and Walker at 50%.

Guentzel at 25% is only a 550k difference with Holloway sent down or as part of the return.

Dowd over Ryan is a 400k increase.

Oilers could realistically take Guentzel at 50% and still fit in an upgrade at 2RW. Say Roslovic from CBJ at 25%. Spread out the talent.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Guentzel Drai Roslovic
Kane Laughton Foegele
McLeod Dowd Perry

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Desharnais
Kulak Walker

Kulak Walker pair could actually produce some offense out there, and we know what Ekholm Bouch can do. Desi Nurse can be a shutdown pair that play mostly with a Laughton centered checking line. That makes it a very hard game for an opponents skilled players.

Didn't Desharnais flounder with Nurse?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pulju scored tonight. Gags for Pulju?
Why would we downgrade?

He was great with him tonight. Knowing Holland he will probably pick up a grizzled #7 vet who could step in. Maybe Nurse Walker could work. I do like the idea of a Kulak Walker 3rd pair though. They could play with McDavid or Drai line and probably put up points.
Desharnais had the 5th most 5v5 minutes tonight for D. I think Kulak played a bunch of shifts with Nurse too.
I don’t think you can go into the playoffs with Desharnais on the second pair.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Why would we downgrade?

Desharnais had the 5th most 5v5 minutes tonight for D. I think Kulak played a bunch of shifts with Nurse too.
I don’t think you can go into the playoffs with Desharnais on the second pair.
You can't. Ideally we get somebody. He can handle a little

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

New thread up, this one is getting way too long and things will start happening around the league sooner than later (mods, please lock this one up)

Reactions: The Cheez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad