Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Provorov is a guy I’d call on if they felt he could play on the right with Nurse. Both are low end top pairing guys, they could make a nice second pairing together.
Even if he plays LD, I think one of our current LDs could rotate. Another D capable of playing all situations for 20+ a night would give us a lot of options. Huge scoring threat, too. Willing to activate which fits this system tremendously.

Hard to see why Columbus would move him though.

Reactions: McDoused

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
A top 6 RW, Henrique and an upgrade on Ceci and we are cooking with gas.

RNH McD Hyman
Kane Draisaitl New Guy
McLeod Henrique Foegele
Holloway Dowd Brown Yes I hope to sneak a bottom C in as well.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Dammit, I kinda wanted Mantha. Mostly as I feel we could have gotten him and Dowd in a package that would have been cheaper than Dowd+ another rental winger. Plus at that retention, Vegas can basically add any of the other big names that have come out.

Also, we should know by what we've seen from Drai over the years, these big forwards can look really lackadaisical even when they are trying. Maybe he does have some motivation issues, but our barn in the playoffs could wake the dead so I feel he would have performed here. But I guess Holland should know him well.

I don't think Henrique costs a first, and I think he is a sure thing for us. Too much smoke there to not be a fire. The D is where I have no clue what happens. I just hope we don't pay the prices I've seen for some of these guys that are basically a saw off for Ceci imo.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Players all loving Ceci like they did Barrie?

Can Holland pull off another miracle? 2 years in a row move a popular in the room RHD that can't handle good comp 5v5 for a nice upgrade?

Reactions: Vagabond

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Even if he plays LD, I think one of our current LDs could rotate. Another D capable of playing all situations for 20+ a night would give us a lot of options. Huge scoring threat, too. Willing to activate which fits this system tremendously.

Hard to see why Columbus would move him though.

Agreed it’s unlikely Blue jackets would move him but you never know. Doesn’t seem like he has really worked out there and It’s possible Jackets could feel maybe they won’t be able to re tool on the fly quite like they maybe hoped. They’ve got some young guys coming up at LD so they main look to go younger and cheaper at some positions.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Provorov
Kulak - Desharnais

Pretty stout D that’s locked in for another season but they’d like move Kulak and bring Broberg on full time.

Reactions: belair

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Players all loving Ceci like they did Barrie?

Can Holland pull off another miracle? 2 years in a row move a popular in the room RHD that can't handle good comp 5v5 for a nice upgrade?
Ekholm was a clear upgrade over Barrie.

Walker isn't a clear upgrade over Ceci.

Most of the rumoured D to be available aren't a clear upgrade over Ceci, not like Ekholm was to Barrie anyway.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It is absolutely not. Are you telling me making sure Janmark, Brown and Ryan have to play everyday is going to cause an issue?

No I’m not saying that but a winning dressing room develops a certain chemistry over time. Mess with it too much and things can unwind a bit.

Changing out 25% of the forwards is a lot on a team that’s contending. (3 of 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad