Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Anything Cooking After Soli-Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Then by your logic 29gms a year fail at their jobs and suck cause only 1 team actually wind.

Which I am actually okay with him claiming, if that's the point. But then the discussion of where the team is in the standings makes no sense at all since the Standings are not the point, but only winning the Cup.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Nothing has come out about Musil, if you are speculating please make that clear!!

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I'd be real surprised if Murray went that way.

If it's Buffalo it's either Gorges or Pysyk (with something added from our side if it's Pysyk).

I don't know, Bogo has been a real flop in Buffalo, I wouldn't be shocked if Murray moved him out sooner rather than later. I think he would be traded before Pysyk at least.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Guys I was just joking. Using my cellphone. Don't know how to use the emoticons lol

1990*

You really have no basis of an argument here, do you?

Beyond the team being worse than the year before? Hmm, I guess when you put it that way... no, I still do.

I mean, we all want the Oilers to make the playoffs. But this Phaneuf trade has put you into a frenzy. You do know Phaneuf is awful, right? And if we did acquire him that third year and all years after on his contract would ruin everything.

I've not said one word about how I would very like Phaneuf to be an Oiler. However, that you have to invent things I've said to fit your argument illustrates how little of a point you have.

The Oilers playoff chances, while still existent, are diminishing. They are better suited to trade off expiring contracts and make roster additions at the draft. That's what a logical GM would do. There is no reason for us to fix the defense right now and there is no reason for a good team to trade a good defenseman.

Yeah... well, okay. Another ten years of this, I guess.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Isn't Buffalo still pretty high on Pysyk?

And he's a former Oil King, so that automatically means he stinks and has no place in the NHL on this board.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
When Uncle Gary is out at center ice giving the team with the most GD shaved off from the year before the Stanley Cup, you may have a point. Until then, the Oilers are still terrible as compared to the rest of the league and that's simply not acceptable.

Your arguments are bad and you should feel bad.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Beyond the team being worse than the year before? Hmm, I guess when you put it that way... no, I still do.

I've not said one word about how I would very like Phaneuf to be an Oiler. However, that you have to invent things I've said to fit your argument illustrates how little of a point you have.

Yeah... well, okay. Another ten years of this, I guess.
Fantastic logic.

If we don't fix the defense right now we will never

duul

Jun 21, 2010
So if Reinhart is sent down:

Sekera
Schultz
Fayne
Gryba
Nurse
Clendening
Davidson

We still have 7 D up with the team. Schultz is sitting. Am I missing something?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I don't know, Bogo has been a real flop in Buffalo, I wouldn't be shocked if Murray moved him out sooner rather than later. I think he would be traded before Pysyk at least.

Read some stuff on the Buffalo board not that long ago and the general consensus was he took a while to get his bearings there particularly since he was injured a bunch, but they are apparently very fond of him now and he started playing much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad