Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Anything Cooking After Soli-Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

:handclap: Am I to take it that both of you have run out of salient points?
You said if we don't fix the
d right now we will suck for 10 years.. Your arguements have failed to be arguments anymore.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance · 2m2 minutes ago
Justin Schultz is a healthy scratch. May end up being dealt but nothing is done yet. Definitely interest in him.

huh why ? lol

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Beyond the team being worse than the year before? Hmm, I guess when you put it that way... no, I still do.

I've not said one word about how I would very like Phaneuf to be an Oiler. However, that you have to invent things I've said to fit your argument illustrates how little of a point you have.

Yeah... well, okay. Another ten years of this, I guess.

There's no reason to fix a broken wheel when the race is already over.

You didn't even quote the entire sentence.

Away with you.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Justin Schultz is a healthy scratch. May end up being dealt but nothing is done yet. Definitely interest in him.

huh why ? lol

Everyone else got trade fever when Phaneuf moved

1990*

There's no reason to fix a broken wheel when the race is already over.

You didn't even quote the entire sentence.

Away with you.

You said it yourself- you don't want to fix the defense. I mean, there isn't much to really say. You don't feel it's a problem. That's a... brave... viewpoint, but I guess you're entitled to it.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm still wondering about the phaneuf hypothetical.

Can a player be traded and retained from his second team. I know a player can only be retained once but can a player be retained by not his original team.

*gongshow grammer*

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

Can a player be traded and retained from his second team. I know a player can only be retained once but can a player be retained by not his original team.

*gongshow grammer*

eugene melnyk is the last person to retain any salary lol that cheap old fool

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Justin Schultz being traded is going to be the best day of the Oilers franchise since drafting McDavid.

(or maybe signing Sekera)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

*gongshow grammer*
Yeah, and you can have multiple retention. I remember on Dubnyk, we retained half and then Nashville retained half of that half to trade him to Montreal

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

huh why ? lol
I'm not surprised 29 teams lined up for him when he hit free agency coming out of college and he dominated the AHL, players like this usually get another chance on a new team to see if they can turn it around and with his contract nearly up the test drive isn't that cost prohibitive. Also it's not like other teams scout us 82 games a year, we could get lucky and continually get one team that views Schultz when he's having a good night opposed to his bad nights which are the vast majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad