Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Anything Cooking After Soli-Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think that Stauffer is as well connected as was in the past. Even with what he said this show, he also backpedaled a lot on it. Chia probably locked that down

Although I do believe him when he says that there is more interest for Schultz than we would think

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
also.....

i had heard ottawa was interested in jultz during "the sweepstakes"

maybe Phaneuf deal isn't done.

:naughty:

Is it possible to trade Phaneuf to Ottawa.....Ottawa retain and then trade him to Edmonton?

1990*

Actually the shareholders would be okay and glad that the CEO managed to get more profits out of the company even while losing its 2 biggest factories.

That you have to alter your own analogy retroactively in order to make the point you were actually arguing for still relevant concretely demonstrates it was, in fact, a bad comparison. It also doesn't address the actual, real world in which the Oilers are once again last, and those are the only "profits" that matter.

Wait so you expected Chia to go from a team that was only better then teams trying to tank and get them to a playoff caliber bubble team while being saddled with a crap ton of horrible players and bad contracts in a single ****ing off season?

I expected Chiarelli to do his job. He hasn't.

Improvements are improvements, though, and winning can be an illusion (ask Calgary).

GD is a better indicator of team performance than points thanks to the NHL's goofy points system. We're on pace to shave at least 44 goals off the GD from last year. That's a very real and very tangible improvement.

When Uncle Gary is out at center ice giving the team with the most GD shaved off from the year before the Stanley Cup, you may have a point. Until then, the Oilers are still terrible as compared to the rest of the league and that's simply not acceptable.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Multiplayer trade coming.. Reinhart has been assigned...

****, don't do this to me.

giphy.gif

McDeathbyCheerios*

That you have to alter your own analogy retroactively in order to make the point you were actually arguing for still relevant concretely demonstrates it was, in fact, a bad comparison. It also doesn't address the actual, real world in which the Oilers are once again last, and those are the only "profits" that matter.

I expected Chiarelli to do his job. He hasn't.

When Uncle Gary is out at center ice giving the team with the most GD shaved off from the year before the Stanley Cup, you may have a point. Until then, the Oilers are still terrible as compared to the rest of the league and that's simply not acceptable.
Then by your logic 29gms a year fail at their jobs and suck cause only 1 team actually wind.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
But those facts don't matter thanks to the way of the NHL is structured. You don't win a Stanley Cup for being better than you were the year before- you only win if you are better than everyone else. Similarly, you only make the playoffs if you accumulate more points than 14 other teams- NOT if you bring down your GA.

It's a broken record to hear how we have "visually" changed or "structurally" changed or any other qualifying word that doesn't involve wins and points.

The shareholders of such a company would absolutely revolt if all that CEO decided to do in the face of such adversity was swap out a manager in Bakersfield for one from Newfoundland. Chiarelli is lucky he only reports to Katz, the greatest enabler of all.

If that satisfies you. :dunno: I mean, I for one would like to play a meaningful game beyond April, but you may have other priorities.

You really have no basis of an argument here, do you?

I mean, we all want the Oilers to make the playoffs. But this Phaneuf trade has put you into a frenzy. You do know Phaneuf is awful, right? And if we did acquire him that third year and all years after on his contract would ruin everything.

The Oilers playoff chances, while still existent, are diminishing. They are better suited to trade off expiring contracts and make roster additions at the draft. That's what a logical GM would do. There is no reason for us to fix the defense right now and there is no reason for a good team to trade a good defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad