Rumor: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Anything Cooking After Soli-Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
It's amazing Bob is able to whip this board into a frenzy, still.

Dude is going off vapours.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
This wouldn't surprise me. Not too many like him on here, but I can see how a GM might decide there's still a set of tools to work with.

Other GM's probably think their organizations are smarter than the Oilers so they give Schultz more credit as a player than he deserves.

1990*

To back them, I personally see no point in arguing with you but your points, I agree, are dumb.

Someone else who has no interest in actually exercising their mental faculties. Thank you for at least being honest about it!

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
We don't have anyone as bad as Schultz in terms of failing on reputation combined with suckage.

Yakupov might be the next whipping boy. Eberle/RNH already feeling it.

no, yak is going for drouin straight up. then drouin becomes the whipping boy. or tom poti, you pick.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Someone else who has no interest in actually exercising their mental faculties. Thank you for at least being honest about it!
Everything that needs to be said has been said. No point in him repeating it.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A potential bullet dodged with the Phanuef trade. But also the field of available d-men narrows. That sucks.

Come on Chiarelli, work your magic. Get us a discounted Harmonic somehow please.

Oh and Schultz and Yak are both currently whipping boys and both need to go asap. Both represent current and past failures IMO. This team will be better off without those two no matter what they end up doing elsewhere.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Thats not what we are arguing. We are arguing if he improved the team. Which statistically he has.

Has he made the team into winners? No.

Has he improved the team? Yes.

That's still debatable. Just because the team has slightly more points and better goal differential does not necessarily mean he has improved the team. In fact one could argue the increase has to do with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. Two guys Chia had nothing to do with.

1990*

No point when you refuse to have an honest discussion.

"Honest" discussion: taking shots from the sidelines while letting other debate for you. Again, yes, I'd say your definition matches what we've seen here this afternoon.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
That's still debatable. Just because the team has slightly more points and better goal differential does not necessarily mean he has improved the team. In fact one could argue the increase has to do with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. Two guys Chia had nothing to do with.

agreed.

in conclusion. we will be better judges next year, and better still the year after that....and so on.

This team was assembled years ago.

So far I think Chiarelli is a fine GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad