Line Combos: Roster Discussion/Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The quote that got my attention and kind of puzzled me in this article was:

"I’m still finding my way and still trying to ultimately develop and be the player I know I can be for Columbus and the player that Columbus wants me to be and the value in that."

I understand this is normal from the point of view that he wants to be Blue Jacket for life, but it also sounds like that this is his goal: to be a Blue Jacket for life.

I might be looking into things that aren't there, but if I were a player, my goals would be higher, and they would be related directly to me as a player, not what the organization I'm currently in wants out of me. This makes me think that 3rd line c is what Sillinger will be and that will be his ceiling. (Edit: unless Columbus wants him to be something else). (Edit2: has he stated his goals somewhere before?).

Could it just be that his confidence is shot after this brutal season?

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The quote that got my attention and kind of puzzled me in this article was:

"I’m still finding my way and still trying to ultimately develop and be the player I know I can be for Columbus and the player that Columbus wants me to be and the value in that."

I understand this is normal from the point of view that he wants to be Blue Jacket for life, but it also sounds like that this is his goal: to be a Blue Jacket for life.

I might be looking into things that aren't there, but if I were a player, my goals would be higher, and they would be related directly to me as a player, not what the organization I'm currently in wants out of me. This makes me think that 3rd line c is what Sillinger will be and that will be his ceiling. (Edit: unless Columbus wants him to be something else). (Edit2: has he stated his goals somewhere before?).
If I was going to read something into his quote, it would be that the org wants him to be a strong two-way guy they do not depend on to score, maybe that 3C you men try on, which doesn’t square with what he has always thought of himself.

That said, unless I hear otherwise, I’m going to take the quotes as standard sports interview stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

His dad does hold the record for playing for the most teams in his NHL career. Maybe he is somewhat traumatized by all the moves, and he just wants to be a one team guy.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

What is going on with TFW?

Interesting. I noticed earier in the game, and even mentioned to my friend that he was kind of out of it. There were multiple times they were bringing the puck up on the PP, and TFW was the guy to get the drop pass and bring up the puck with speed, and he was way too far back, almost like he wasn't paying attention at all. The team as a whole wasn't that bad, I think they were worse Saturday night from what people were saying, they just couldn't score. I'm thinking TFW may have been pouting that he was sent back, but he has only himself to blame for that.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Still can't believe Marchenko wasn't even in the lineup early in the season. Really like what this guy's done so far.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I hope he told Armstrong he won't be available.
why shouldn't he go? it's two weeks long and happens when most of his teammates won't even be skating yet.

he'll get to play on a scoring line with veteran NHL players and a different coaching staff. that's useful experience, new voies he can learn from and gets him more games. then when he gets home he'll have three months before camp to add strength.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good for jet. He deserves to get a game or two.

Hopefully he loses both though

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I assume a backup goalie gets the same paycheck though, surely? Or is there some interesting TOI calculations going on for goalies... I guess that wasn't Hedger's point though, but now I'm curious...

Anyway a good season to get Jet some taste of NHL action too.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I assume a backup goalie gets the same paycheck though, surely? Or is there some interesting TOI calculations going on for goalies... I guess that wasn't Hedger's point though, but now I'm curious...

Anyway a good season to get Jet some taste of NHL action too.
Jet Greaves AHL salary is 70k and NHL salary is 750k, pretty big difference and why guys push for 1 way deals

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Yes I meant more that if you're on the playing roster, it doesn't matter whether you're the starting goalie or the backup goalie. You get paid the NHL level salary. (I assume, just got confused for a second and then started pondering it a bit. :D)

Anyhow that was a tangent and not even the point of the tweet, sorry. I think it's cool if they try to give both Greaves and Gillies some NHL money, a small end-of-the-season reward.

Reactions: CBJx614

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm glad Jet got his chance, he deserved it. I just feel his calling has been for tanking too, as Hutchinson and Gilles have shown they are no worse than Merzlikins. I'd laugh if Jet played great too. Althoug it wouldn't be a surprise to me.

Reactions: EspenK

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Foudy at center over Kuraly at 4C, over Sillinger at 3C, Roslovic at 2C, and Laine at 1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA