Line Combos: Roster Discussion/Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
even if you call laine injury prone (which i don't necessarily have an issue with), you have to make a distinction somewhere for guys like murray who is a walking kintsugi vase.

Nothing says “toughness” and made of steel, than sitting out weeks after pulling a muscle in your arm shooting 1 timers at practice.

If people want to trash Murray and make comments about a guy like Blankenburg, that he gets injured because he is “reckless” or plays with a lot of intensity, maybe we should look at the fact that along with getting injured shooting pucks at practice, Laine just happens to get all these injuries while being the least intense player on the ice for either team the majority of any given night.

I wonder about all the injuries guys like Murray played through, where a guy like Laine would sit out, then get an extended “excused absence” for his poor play for just returning from injury or looked at as some hero for putting up a couple points in a 5-3 loss.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wonder about all the injuries guys like Murray played through, where a guy like Laine would sit out, then get an extended “excused absence” for his poor play for just returning from injury or looked at as some hero for putting up a couple points in a 5-3 loss.
Except you don't know any of this and the only thing you are going on is your personal bias.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Nothing says “toughness” and made of steel, than sitting out weeks after pulling a muscle in your arm shooting 1 timers at practice.

If people want to trash Murray and make comments about a guy like Blankenburg, that he gets injured because he is “reckless” or plays with a lot of intensity, maybe we should look at the fact that along with getting injured shooting pucks at practice, Laine just happens to get all these injuries while being the least intense player on the ice for either team the majority of any given night.

Injuries are a legit concern but you just come off as just bitter and jealous for some unknown reason.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Got a couple of genuine questions, Bus. What would please you with regard to Laine? Sincerely asking since your comments across this entire website paint a very obsessive feeling of hatred for a single player who has never done anything to merit the level of vitriol. You don't appear to hate any other player. So... what's that all about, and more importantly, what would make you happy? What is so weak and terrible about his game that the rest of us are totally blind to that makes you hate him so much? Is it something he could improve if you were his personal coach, or is it time to admit that this is just an irrational quirk on your part? If you want his permanent absence from the roster, whether by trade or his untimely demise, what do you consider his worth--obviously no one else seems to agree with you that he's worthless and useless so I want you to pretend for a second you don't irrationally despise this player and imagine what someone who doesn't want to fire him into the sun would pay for his services.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Got a couple of genuine questions, Bus. What would please you with regard to Laine? Sincerely asking since your comments across this entire website paint a very obsessive feeling of hatred for a single player who has never done anything to merit the level of vitriol. You don't appear to hate any other player. So... what's that all about, and more importantly, what would make you happy? What is so weak and terrible about his game that the rest of us are totally blind to that makes you hate him so much? Is it something he could improve if you were his personal coach, or is it time to admit that this is just an irrational quirk on your part? If you want his permanent absence from the roster, whether by trade or his untimely demise, what do you consider his worth--obviously no one else seems to agree with you that he's worthless and useless so I want you to pretend for a second you don't irrationally despise this player and imagine what someone who doesn't want to fire him into the sun would pay for his services.
You are new here. bus doesn't care much (to put it mildly) for Elvis.

Reactions: thebus88

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
You don't appear to hate any other player.

Try Elvis, I'm sure there are or have been others :) I've been trying to think of it as @thebus88 just being really passionate about the team and wanting them to succeed and believing Laine is a detriment to that. But to be honest I'm starting to get the feeling he'd actually rather be 'right' about the players he hates than to see the team actually succeed with them and the only way for him to be happy is to rid the team of anyone he doesn't like. Maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to be. But then again I don't remember him EVER posting anything positive about a player that's made it to his imaginary (I hope!) book of villains.

Reactions: Marioesque

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Ah, so extrapolating from there, we can expect irrational hatred of Jiricek as well. It's weird to specifically hate 6'4"+ Eastern Europeans, but I guess I get it. I'm jealous of slav squats, too.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ah, so extrapolating from there, we can expect irrational hatred of Jiricek as well. It's weird to specifically hate 6'4"+ Eastern Europeans, but I guess I get it. I'm jealous of slav squats, too.
Not necessarily. Previous hate targets include Zach Werenski, James Wisniewski, and Sergey Bobrovsky.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bobrovsky is Russian. ;)
Werenski and Wisniewski sound suspiciously Slavic in origin! :hockey:

(could not find what I was looking for so just going with a random emoji)
Wiśniewski was the third most common surname in Poland in 2009 y.
Werenski belongs to Poland surname too.
;)
Counterpoint: Korpisalo.

Reactions: NotCommitted

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Try Elvis, I'm sure there are or have been others :) I've been trying to think of it as @thebus88 just being really passionate about the team and wanting them to succeed and believing Laine is a detriment to that. But to be honest I'm starting to get the feeling he'd actually rather be 'right' about the players he hates than to see the team actually succeed with them and the only way for him to be happy is to rid the team of anyone he doesn't like. Maybe I'm wrong, I'd like to be. But then again I don't remember him EVER posting anything positive about a player that's made it to his imaginary (I hope!) book of villains.

We already know this. Bus even came out and said during the 2019 playoffs that he was glad they lost because he didn't want them to be successful with Bobrovsky in net.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Bjork, Luoto, Richards in/TFW out
Good for Richards and Luoto. Been working hard in Cleveland and to get a reward (under terrible circumstances) is a nice thing. Been completely insane this year but at least they can see what the NHL is like.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
  • Haha
Reactions: Marioesque

anotherlurker

Oct 31, 2022

The quote that got my attention and kind of puzzled me in this article was:

"I’m still finding my way and still trying to ultimately develop and be the player I know I can be for Columbus and the player that Columbus wants me to be and the value in that."

I understand this is normal from the point of view that he wants to be Blue Jacket for life, but it also sounds like that this is his goal: to be a Blue Jacket for life.

I might be looking into things that aren't there, but if I were a player, my goals would be higher, and they would be related directly to me as a player, not what the organization I'm currently in wants out of me. This makes me think that 3rd line c is what Sillinger will be and that will be his ceiling. (Edit: unless Columbus wants him to be something else). (Edit2: has he stated his goals somewhere before?).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad