Line Combos: Roster Discussion/Line Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Until Liam has been tried, we'll never know. Who expected Patrik could play center so well?

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Can anyone explain for me the reason to keep shuffling the goalies back and forth?
And don't say it's for the tank, I'm really starting to hate that word.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Can anyone explain for me the reason to keep shuffling the goalies back and forth?
And don't say it's for the tank, I'm really starting to hate that word.
I couldn't tell you, other than to get these guys some extra cash. It is has been pissing off my girlfriend though. I keep telling her that they are Columbus' players and they can do what they want, and our playoff hopes doesn't matter, but it just falls on deaf ears.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If without jokes about tanking, maybe Greaves was called up due to the fact that the game was in Toronto.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What are we going to do with the bottom pair LHD next year? Are they wanting Bean there?

Werenski Boqvist
Trade Jiricek
???? Gudbranson

Does 6’0” 180lbs Svozil have a chance? I thought he stood out last year’s camp.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What are we going to do with the bottom pair LHD next year? Are they wanting Bean there?

Werenski Boqvist
Trade Jiricek
???? Gudbranson

Bean is probably a favourite today, Svozil can start adjusting to pro hockey in the ahl

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Werenski Boqvist
Trade Jiricek
???? Gudbranson

While I'm a big Svozil fan, I don't see him being an answer above some of the guys that got some experience this year. I would think players like Bean, Blankenburg or Peeke or even Berni would have a leg up on the 3rd pair option. I would suspect there is a very minimal chance for Svozil to play in the NHL next year - or maybe not even the year after that. I see him competing with Mateychuk in 2 years for a roster spot if he continues to progress (well, if both progress) but no need to rush them if we can fill the 3/4 LHD position with a moderate term contract. I do have high hopes for Svozil and he's made big strides this year, even knowing he played with Bedard.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
TBF, Svozil already has played pro hockey two years in Czechia
After Jarmos comment about the young kids needing some time, I feel like they are gonna get heavy minutes in Cleveland before getting any significant time here. And by they I mean Ceulemans and Svozil.

While I'm a big Svozil fan, I don't see him being an answer above some of the guys that got some experience this year. I would think players like Bean, Blankenburg or Peeke or even Berni would have a leg up on the 3rd pair option. I would suspect there is a very minimal chance for Svozil to play in the NHL next year - or maybe not even the year after that. I see him competing with Mateychuk in 2 years for a roster spot if he continues to progress (well, if both progress) but no need to rush them if we can fill the 3/4 LHD position with a moderate term contract. I do have high hopes for Svozil and he's made big strides this year, even knowing he played with Bedard.
It was nice seeing Bedard hype up Svozil. Would be dope to get Bedard (besides obvious reasons) as he's already really close with Svozil and KJ.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Werenski Boqvist
Trade Jiricek
???? Gudbranson

My guess is they may try to move out Bean for a more stable defensive presence.

There’s no PP time for him (Werenski and Boqvist will have it) and he doesn’t play PK (Werenski, Jiricek, Gudbranson are locks) so he’s not really going to play that much.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Werenski Boqvist
Trade Jiricek
???? Gudbranson

Svozil might be good for a brief call up but I doubt he could handle it long. Even in the WHL playoffs right now, he looks weak and gassed. Of course that's probably the minutes.

Would be dope to get Bedard (besides obvious reasons) as he's already really close with Svozil and KJ.

I've pretty much got it planned out who I'd want announcing the pick on stage.

My guess is they may try to move out Bean for a more stable defensive presence.

There’s no PP time for him (Werenski and Boqvist will have it) and he doesn’t play PK (Werenski, Jiricek, Gudbranson are locks) so he’s not really going to play that much.

FWIW, Bean's buyout cost is very very low, actually negative next year! According to cap friendly.

Berni is a good guy to pair with Gudbranson or Peeke on the bottom pair. It's been a while but last I checked they were both better with him.

Reactions: tunnelvision

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Svozil might be good for a brief call up but I doubt he could handle it long. Even in the WHL playoffs right now, he looks weak and gassed. Of course that's probably the minutes.

I've pretty much got it planned out who I'd want announcing the pick on stage.

FWIW, Bean's buyout cost is very very low, actually negative next year! According to cap friendly.

Berni is a good guy to pair with Gudbranson or Peeke on the bottom pair. It's been a while but last I checked they were both better with him.
Yeah Berni is on the list. As is Blankenburg (if they don’t care about handiness)

If they’re still working on “building” and don’t care to go for the playoff next year then I could see them going with Berni-Gudbranson third pair or Blanks-Gudbranson with Berni as the 7th.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If they’re still working on “building” and don’t care to go for the playoff next year then I could see them going with Berni-Gudbranson third pair or Blanks-Gudbranson with Berni as the 7th.

Whereas if they do want to aim for the playoffs they'll...

- replace Berni and Bean with a left side version of Gudbranson?
- scratch Gudbranson?
- replace all of them with competent players?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Whereas if they do want to aim for the playoffs they'll...

- replace Berni and Bean with a left side version of Gudbranson?
- scratch Gudbranson?
- replace all of them with competent players?
Gudbranson is in the lineup regardless

But if they’re looking to go for it again they’ll try and get two top 4 LHD and put one with Gudbranson

(I don’t think this is the path they take )

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Implies Blankenburg and Gaudreau will be back

Also implies Laine and Danforth might be back as well. Maybe even Gudbranson?

Edit: maybe I should stop trying to be smart

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJx614

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This is where the FO is being dumb. One thing they can control in the "tank" is the makeup of the game day roster. There is no good reason to bring back legit starters for for meaningless games that we would prefer to lose. These roster moves are ridiculous.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This is where the FO is being dumb. One thing they can control in the "tank" is the makeup of the game day roster. There is no good reason to bring back legit starters for for meaningless games that we would prefer to lose. These roster moves are ridiculous.
I'm assuming you didn't see the edit, they sent them down for the AHL teams playoff push, so that those guys can get some playoff experience.

Reactions: LJ7

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Porty did follow up with this so I may end up being right

Also

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad