Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXX - Sweet Little 16 (…Days until TDL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Me thinks the + is going to have to be significant on the Rangers side. Georgiev ain’t got value like that, if anything he’s the + lmao

Not when bad goaltending is the primary reason your season is going to shit. Even if the + is Lundkvist, NYR makes out like bandits

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Let’s say Giroux wants to go to NYR
What’s that resigning look like ?
7x3 I see posted . Can’t fit that in no ?

Noose18

Sep 17, 2010
Rauma
Never realized before that Boone Jenner is signed for 3,75m/y until 2026. Acquiring a player of his quality and price tag would solve a lot of problems for this year and in the future. Kekäläinen mentioned earlier today that CBJ is looking for future assets.

Chytil + Kravtsov + 1st for Jenner? Run him as the 3C this year and slot for 2C next year with a very good price tag (ca. 2 mill less than Strome most likely would cost)

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Isn't MIller signed through next season? 2 post seasons isn't really a rental.

Yes he is and iit just makes him a longer term rental. We do not have the capspace to give miller what he wants on his next retirement contract at the age of 30. We cant afford him. He will want 7x7.

We trade all those assets for JT. Great he takes the center for next year as well, we are not trading him at the tdl so we recoup no assets. Then at the end of that coming year we are back to where we are now, just with lesser assets to deal with. So who are you now trading for the center if Nils, Kravy, 1st, and chytl are gone? Robertson, Jones, berard, and another 1st? Youve just killed our prospect pool. While also not having 1st and most likely 2nd round picks for the next two years to re stock.

Its foolish to make two trades for the same answer when you should and can hopefully make just 1 and continue to have a deep prospect pool.

Reactions: mas0764

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Realistically, if we're trading for Holloway Georgiev is the throw-in, not the body. At the least, Nils would be going the other way

Reactions: RangersFan1994

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Panarin doesn't exactly take a lot of hits. I think he could stay productive (maybe even get back to his 2020 level of play) throughout the rest of his contract. Players like him don't really age that much. I don't think having a player like Panarin on PP1 with Kreider, Zib, and Fox for the next few years is a bad thing. It's like easy free goals.
It's not free by any means at 11 Million a year for him....we pay well for them LOL....

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't think there's any doubt the Rangers will add a middle 6/3rd line player no matter what. Someone like Lehkonen/Rakell/Copp/Domi, etc. that we've discussed ad nauseum. The price wont be prohibitive on any of these guys. The "big swing" we keep hearing rumblings about is most likely some time of deal for JT/Hertl/Giroux, all guys who would instantly put this team on the level of CAR/TB/FLA. If they cant make a deal like that happen on their terms, I assume they will add a second player from the middle 6/3rd line group above.

I also get the feeling that Drury is going to swoop in and acquire a good defenseman for much less than the rumored asking prices. Its a sellers market, and its important to have 8-9 defenseman you really trust down the stretch and in the playoffs. Especially with the schedule so congested post-deadline, I would be in favor of rotating 1 or 2 defenseman out every game. The Rangers are not in danger of missing the playoffs and its a good way to keep everyone fresh. Chiarot/Giordano/Lindholm/C. Miller/Pysyk/Leddy types are all going to go for far less than what ever been hearing.

You mean buyers market right? The east is set as far as teams that are out of playoff contention and hopefully more teams in west realize they should be sellers in the next week or so.

Reactions: McRanger92

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Never realized before that Boone Jenner is signed for 3,75m/y until 2026. Acquiring a player of his quality and price tag would solve a lot of problems for this year and in the future. Kekäläinen mentioned earlier today that CBJ is looking for future assets.

Chytil + Kravtsov + 1st for Jenner? Run him as the 3C this year and slot for 2C next year with a very good price tag (ca. 2 mill less than Strome most likely would cost)
They’re not gonna trade him

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
You figure out a way. Get creative. But I’d take either.

I don’t see how either get delt anytime soon. That should be the very last resort. They are players you build around, I’d honestly scorch everything else before them. Cuz if you trade one the other is definitely going to want out. Then you end up worse than before.

If it happens it’s not until a year or before McDavid contract is up imo. There’s just no reason to give up before then. You will never get your value back

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I don’t see how either get delt anytime soon. That should be the very last resort. They are players you build around, I’d honestly scorch everything else before them. Cuz if you trade one the other is definitely going to want out. Then you end up worse than before.

If it happens it’s not until a year or before McDavid contract is up imo. There’s just no reason to give up before then. You will never get your value back
It’s not gonna be up to the Oilers

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Let’s say Giroux wants to go to NYR
What’s that resigning look like ?
7x3 I see posted . Can’t fit that in no ?

They can fit a 7-8 mil contract next year. Go cheap at backup goalie, Kakko takes a "Chytil-like" bridge, Blais plays on the QO, Barron/Othmann(or another ELC player) enter the lineup full time and Brodzinski extension makes him the 13th FWD. Youd need to move out Nemeth and Chytil for picks/ELC players.

The issue would become the following year, they would only have roughly 10-11 mil in cap space with 8 forwards, 5 D-men and 2 goalies under contract. Laf/KAM/Jones/Barron would all be RFAs. At that point a Lindgren or even Trouba trade becomes a very real possibility. Cuylle & Berard would be facors to enter the lineup around this time as well.

Honestly going through the math on the spreadsheet I have, its not as dire as I originally thought. LAF/KAM contracts are the big x-factor. If you can get them to take semi-team friendly extensions (4-5 years, 4-5 mil AAV) in the summer of 2023, NYR can keep this team mostly together for a long time.

Maybe trading for and extending Hertl or Giroux isnt crazy.

Reactions: leetch99

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
If the Oilers miss the playoffs, or even make it and lose round 1, things are gonna happen.

Hold. Your. Best. Assets.
It would take balls to trade away either one of those players. Balls most gms don’t have.

I doubt either one ever leaves.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Yes he is and iit just makes him a longer term rental. We do not have the capspace to give miller what he wants on his next retirement contract at the age of 30. We cant afford him. He will want 7x7.

We trade all those assets for JT. Great he takes the center for next year as well, we are not trading him at the tdl so we recoup no assets. Then at the end of that coming year we are back to where we are now, just with lesser assets to deal with. So who are you now trading for the center if Nils, Kravy, 1st, and chytl are gone? Robertson, Jones, berard, and another 1st? Youve just killed our prospect pool. While also not having 1st and most likely 2nd round picks for the next two years to re stock.

Its foolish to make two trades for the same answer when you should and can hopefully make just 1 and continue to have a deep prospect pool.
Then isn't everyone just a rental? Two playoff runs v one is significant

Reactions: McRanger92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad