Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXX - Sweet Little 16 (…Days until TDL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
It’s just hypothetical deals for fun it seems like. I wouldn’t take anything serious from it

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Trading either one of those is an absolute crazy thing to do, we have plenty of other chips
At this stage do NOT trade good young D or good young Centers ....I'd sooner sign stop gaps like Giroux for 2-3 years at 5-6 per and have strong aggressive wingers who draw PP's and puck movers from the blueline driving offense. Get a cheap backup...and a few 3/4 million guys for 4th line and spares and give her a go ! Blais will be back next season and a hopefully more muscled KK and Laf/Chytil ? and a year under our belts with Gallant and Schneider /Miller seasoned a bit more . 130 points next season all the way !

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Marek said today that he was told the price on Jack McBain's rights is a 2nd rounder.

I'd be all for that, given you have a deal in place to sign him.

McBain to NYR
2ed Blues to Wild

Sign McBain and let him get a few games here heading towards the playoffs.

It’s a win win

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I know people dont wanna rehash the whole Kravtsov thing to death and neither do I, but do we even need a trade if somehow Blais comes back and we can somehow drag Kravtsov back? Wouldn't that be a huge deadline get that we wouldn't have to give up assets for?

Kreider Zib Laf
Panarin Strome Kakko
Blais Chytil Kravtsov
Goodrow Rooney Reaves/Hunt

After all this it would be one big happy family again lol. If it works out that way and it helps the team win I’m all aboard.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Marek said today that he was told the price on Jack McBain's rights is a 2nd rounder.

I’d be all over this, contingent on McBain signing with us upon the trade.

it must piss the wild off a ton.
Center is where they are lacking and the kid you took as center in the 2nd, doesn’t want to play for your team

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Laine would certainly be categorized as a big move but he’s essentially a rental in that situation. Can’t afford him long term

Is this kid supposed to be good enough to play right out of school? I’m not familiar with him so I’m trying to figure why the interest is so high

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Laine would certainly be categorized as a big move but he’s essentially a rental in that situation. Can’t afford him long term

Is this kid supposed to be good enough to play right out of school? I’m not familiar with him so I’m trying to figure why the interest is so high
From everything I've read, he has a bad first step. He'll fit right in

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Giroux has a pretty impressive 40 points in 53 games this year on a horrible Flyers team. My issue with him is that 13 of his points have come on the PP. If he were acquired, is he taking Strome’s spot on PP1?

To put it in some perspective, Strome has 10 PP points out of his 39 total currently.

I fear that acquiring anyone with roughly 25-30% of their production being on the PP will lead to a higher acquisition cost compared to what his production will be on this specific team. The PP isn’t looking for a shot in the arm like teams in the past when they acquired guys like Yandle or Ozolinsh. The PP is already one of the leagues best.

In saying that, if the plan is to bring in Giroux and sign him to a 2-3 year deal like Pavelski did in Dallas I could see some interest there. In saying that, I wouldn’t be willing to trade Lundkvist, Othmann, or the Rangers 1st for him.

what will Giroux be looking for on his next deal? $5m? $6m? How many teams can both compete for a Cup and pay that price? There aren’t many.

I would bet Giroux is looking for the Pavelski Stars contract. 3/21.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
All kidding aside, McBain does sound like a Drury/Sather player.

Could be a nice add to the bottom6 and hopefully progress to middle6 in time

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
You dont trade pieces like that for rentals, plain and simple.

JT Giroux all rentals. Let him rot in vancouver and if you wanna trade a 1st and chytl for him at the TDL next year thats what i will cost. No need to overpay on players who will not be here past a calender year.

Those players need to be moved for #2 center.
Isn't MIller signed through next season? 2 post seasons isn't really a rental.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Is McBain basically Kevin Hayes redux? What’s his problem with Minnesota? Seems like a great place to play and good opportunity positionally.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't think there's any doubt the Rangers will add a middle 6/3rd line player no matter what. Someone like Lehkonen/Rakell/Copp/Domi, etc. that we've discussed ad nauseum. The price wont be prohibitive on any of these guys. The "big swing" we keep hearing rumblings about is most likely some time of deal for JT/Hertl/Giroux, all guys who would instantly put this team on the level of CAR/TB/FLA. If they cant make a deal like that happen on their terms, I assume they will add a second player from the middle 6/3rd line group above.

I also get the feeling that Drury is going to swoop in and acquire a good defenseman for much less than the rumored asking prices. Its a buyers market, and its important to have 8-9 defenseman you really trust down the stretch and in the playoffs. Especially with the schedule so congested post-deadline, I would be in favor of rotating 1 or 2 defenseman out every game. The Rangers are not in danger of missing the playoffs and its a good way to keep everyone fresh. Chiarot/Giordano/Lindholm/C. Miller/Pysyk/Leddy types are all going to go for far less than what ever been hearing.

Last edited:
Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
@mas0764 and I don't see eye to eye on much, but trading Georgiev+ for Holloway is move I think everyone can agree on. Edmonton gets more and more desperate everyday and Sather/Drury should be circling.
Me thinks the + is going to have to be significant on the Rangers side. Georgiev ain’t got value like that, if anything he’s the + lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad