Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI - It’s Miller Time…K-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Lias played for HV71, a city in Sweden with significantly fewer residents than Hartford
Nils is from Luleå, a city in Sweden with significantly fewer residents than Hartford
Vitaly is from Vladivostok, a city in Russia with a population of around 500k people, a bit bit bigger than Hartford but not a world metropol.

Most Eurpean towns and cities are less than 100k people, the million people cities are outliers, not the norm.

Hartford is just fine for these kids. And if its not, they can look up this nifty link, maybe take a tour of the Mark Twain museum, 25 Best Things to Do in Hartford, Connecticut

Size of the city only matters in that they aren't a ton of Swedes and Russians living in HFD. It's lonelier for non-english speakers. It just is.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Arizona has 5 2nd round picks in this draft. Their own pick. Vancouver. Philadelphia. Islanders. Sharks. Those picks should be high to mid 2nd round picks. They have too many picks. Vitaly Kravtsov can play for them next season. Maybe he plays for them this season. Those teams aren't making the playoffs. Arizona is one of the teams always mentioned in connection with Kravtsov. If the Rangers haven't found a quality deal for Kravtsov before the trading deadline, Arizona can have the player for the 2nd highest second round pick. The Rangers will probably trade one of their 2nd round picks in a trade for some lousy rental. They can't help themselves. The Rangers can use the 2nd round pick acquired from Arizona to move up into the latter half of the 1st round or maybe a player they like with a 1st round grade drops into the top of the 2nd round. John Lilley and Chris Morehouse can pick their own player.

Kravtsov will have fun playing in a college building at Arizona State University with a 3,200 seat capacity. The Coyotes will be there for 3 seasons. They have an option for a 4th season.

TB traded Tony Deangelo to Phoenix for a 2nd(#37-Hajek). Carolina traded Jake Bean to Columbus for a 2nd(#44). The Rangers traded Lias Andersson for a late 2nd(#60). Former 1st round picks traded for a 2nd round pick. Arizona has 5 2nd round picks.
Ari is going all in to rebuild their team in the next 2 drafts. They’ve already started adding more picks for 23. They probably see that the team moving is inevitable

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Arizona has 5 2nd round picks in this draft. Their own pick. Vancouver. Philadelphia. Islanders. Sharks. Those picks should be high to mid 2nd round picks. They have too many picks. Vitaly Kravtsov can play for them next season. Maybe he plays for them this season. Those teams aren't making the playoffs. Arizona is one of the teams always mentioned in connection with Kravtsov. If the Rangers haven't found a quality deal for Kravtsov before the trading deadline, Arizona can have the player for the 2nd highest second round pick. The Rangers will probably trade one of their 2nd round picks in a trade for some lousy rental. They can't help themselves. The Rangers can use the 2nd round pick acquired from Arizona to move up into the latter half of the 1st round or maybe a player they like with a 1st round grade drops into the top of the 2nd round. John Lilley and Chris Morehouse can pick their own player.

Kravtsov will have fun playing in a college building at Arizona State University with a 3,200 seat capacity. The Coyotes will be there for 3 seasons. They have an option for a 4th season.

TB traded Tony Deangelo to Phoenix for a 2nd(#37-Hajek). Carolina traded Jake Bean to Columbus for a 2nd(#44). The Rangers traded Lias Andersson for a late 2nd(#60). Former 1st round picks traded for a 2nd round pick. Arizona has 5 2nd round picks.

If i cant get a 1st for kravy then to arizona is not a bad idea at all with all those 2nd round picks. i would like 2 of those picks in the 2nd round. Arizona needs players, people that can score and build around. Kravy has already shown he can be successful in this league and is ready now, the 2nd rounders could be duds or could turn into something in 3 years. I would try for 2 2nds even if they are the 2 latest ones in the round.

It could be really nice to have 3 2nd round picks if we end up dealing our 1st rounder

Reactions: leetch99 and bl02

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

Honestly. Hayton has been an absolute flop for them and quite the embarrassment considering the kids they passed up. He's also a link to the old guard. He will always carry a bad stigma for that franchise no matter how he turns out for them.

I'd see if we could get Hayton and a 2nd for Kravtsov and one of our redundant depth prospects or Gautier/Hajek that still has a shine on him but no future here.

Reactions: smoneil

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Bringing up a 3 in a decade deal to justify delusion? How many brassard for zib deals have happened in the last 5 years?
What part of it is delusion? I’m saying these things CAN and DO happen. How the f*** is that delusional? Hahaha. I gave you actual real life examples.
And me? I “overpay” for THAT type of player, not some rental or semi rental that won’t even make us a Cup favorite. I think people who believe JT Miller would get us the Cup are delusional, but that’s way more far fetched than finding a gem that someone else is under appreciating. Mika, Seguin and Marc Savard are extreme examples that come immediately to mind. I’m sure there are plenty of good centers that have been found for less than a 1st, Nils and Kravtsov. And personally I’d add from our D surplus if necessary for that type of player.
I get it, you have a different approach. That s fine. Hahah. Others vary.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
To be clear, there are VERY few scenarios where I willingly put Othmann in the offer. But for Wyatt Johnston? 100% without qualms. Johnston is a C, has about 15 more points than Othmann, and is ~5 months younger, still just 18 years old. If he had played in his draft season, I think Johnston would have gone top 10.
And he’ got a pretty badass name to boot. Haha.
But I’m with you there. That’s where you spend assets.

Reactions: mas0764 and smoneil

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

If we end up with a deal with Arizona, would love to have John Farinacci included.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Size of the city only matters in that they aren't a ton of Swedes and Russians living in HFD. It's lonelier for non-english speakers. It just is.

I cant speak for Kravstov but the swedes are 100% fluent in English. But, the team should be providing English classes for any foreign players that need it, I assume they already are

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Depending on what happens with Kravtsov--the word has been that teams are offering a 2nd and Drury is holding out for a 1st, right? I wonder if we could split the difference and get two 2nd rounders (22 and 23)? I like the idea of having multiple picks in round 2. It can help to move up in the 1st if there's a guy they really want, and it also lets them make a "swing for the fences" pick in that range.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Copp is big time on the target list.

Copp and Reilly Smith could be a really nice deadline job.

Or you find a 2C with some term in addition to Copp.
Well the galaxy brain is to trade for Miller, let Strome walk and sign Copp in the summer.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The wildcard for me is still Winnipeg. Will they sell and what would the price be for Copp.
Peg is hard to pin down. They just had a big time mixed signals weekend. Lost to Stars in OT but then beat the Predators soundly. They will probably try to make the playoffs and then fall short. My guess is that any shake ups on that team that are of a major level don’t happen until this summer.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Do you really think Vitali Kravtsov would be willing to go to Arizona and play in a college arena? No chance. If they traded for him he likely wouldn't report. He wants to be on the big stage.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
To be clear, there are VERY few scenarios where I willingly put Othmann in the offer. But for Wyatt Johnston? 100% without qualms. Johnston is a C, has about 15 more points than Othmann, and is ~5 months younger, still just 18 years old. If he had played in his draft season, I think Johnston would have gone top 10.
Johnston would cost Schneider+ FWIW

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Do you really think Vitali Kravtsov would be willing to go to Arizona and play in a college arena? No chance. If they traded for him he likely wouldn't report. He wants to be on the big stage.
Any team trading for him will confirm that he’s actually going to show up before they finalize a deal.

If he refuses another team, his NHL future is done. He’s painted himself into a corner.

Reactions: Kocur Dill

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Any team trading for him will confirm that he’s actually going to show up before they finalize a deal.

If he refuses another team, his NHL future is done. He’s painted himself into a corner.

This is starting to remind me of Radulov and Nashville. Hopefully Kravy develops some brains before his mid 20's peak so NYR can reap some of his asset capital before it goes to Nyet and some other team 6 years from now gets him for UFA money and no regerts.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Go figure Kravstov thinks that Gauthier didn’t beat him out for a spot. Gauthier sucks.

So what does that say about Kravtsov that the -professional- talent evaluators felt he was less than Gooch?

The kid needs work. He is clearly not a bottom 6 player on a professional hockey team that has playoff asperations, yet, he didn't; display enough talent to offset his +/- stat line in a top 6 that already is suspect on the d-zone with Kreider/Zib and Pond Hockey Queens Panarin/Strome.

There is a reason Management prefers Hunt/ Fast/ and Defence first Kakko on those lines. There is no doubt in my mind the kakko couldn't light it up, but he's been asked not too for "the good of the team" and he has been good soldier about it.

Winning is the bottom line. Coaches and GM don't care about a guys individual stats and career totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad