Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI - It’s Miller Time…K-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Who are your targets? Which stones do they need to turnover?

And you suggested trading nils for picks, you will never get the same same pick back for an unestablished player, so you would most likely be getting a worse pick than the one you used to draft nils which is a net negative in itself.
Well, if it’s a first rounder there’s only 4 spots worse. Haha.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Who are your targets? Which stones do they need to turnover?

And you suggested trading nils for picks, you will never get the same same pick back for an unestablished player, so you would most likely be getting a worse pick than the one you used to draft nils which is a net negative in itself.

As for your latter point, you don't know that.

As for your first, I've told you many time names that I suggest.

To some extent, here's the shocking part, you and I aren't in the front office and can't make the calls and find out which teams may be souring on which guys and are thus available. What I know is that these types of things come up. It's Drury's job to find them. He's gonna have to call around and find similar things.

If he doesn't want to do it I'd be more than happy to have his job.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
As for your latter point, you don't know that.

As for your first, I've told you many time names that I suggest.

To some extent, here's the shocking part, you and I aren't in the front office and can't make the calls and find out which teams may be souring on which guys and are thus available. What I know is that these types of things come up. It's Drury's job to find them. He's gonna have to call around and find similar things.

If he doesn't want to do it I'd be more than happy to have his job.
as to my latter point, history has shown it to be typically true.

as to my first point the names I've seen you post are from teams that want those players themselves. Why would col trade newhook when they will need to fill their own 2c issue next year when kadri walks?
are you good with kupari for nils? yeash... Hayton may be the best target right now, but whats the cost there?

As to your last thing, I am not the one saying drury needs to do something that is all about luck. I dont strategize around the rare bc it is.... rare that it happens. it isnt as if 31 other teams arent thinking gee we really could use another 1c on our roster so let just get one...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I have been thinking that, were a Strome extension on the cards, it probably would have been done and announced already.
Not saying it for sure won’t happen, but that it’s certainly an open question still, at best.
Does that sound right to you?

I feel like Strome is an option, but he's never been their favorite option.

The rumor is that Strome's looking for something in the neighborhood of RNH in Edmonton.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
as to my latter point, history has shown it to be typically true.

as to my first point the names I've seen you post are from teams that want those players themselves. Why would col trade newhook when they will need to fill their own 2c issue next year when kadri walks?
are you good with kupari for nils? yeash... Hayton may be the best target right now, but whats the cost there?

As to your last thing, I am not the one saying drury needs to do something that is all about luck. I dont strategize around the rare bc it is.... rare that it happens. it isnt as if 31 other teams arent thinking gee we really could use another 1c on our roster so let just get one...

But it hasn't shown it to be true. It happens again and again and again. You keep saying "but that's an exception."

Yeah, an exception comes up like every 2 years at least.

It doesn't have to be Newhook, I just suggest him as a Newhook LIKE player. I've said many times, again, that if I was a team like LA I'd certainly be interested in a deal based around Turcotte for Nils. If they don't want to trade Turcotte, they have other centers I like too, but they'd have to add probably.

Hayton would be more of a reclamation project at this time. Suggesting Nils for him is ridiculous, he's more on par with a Strome, who we got for a Spooner. I'm not saying the Coyotes are trading him for a Spooner PER SE, but they aren't getting Nils for him either. They will either keep him and try to turn him around themselves or they will get way less than Nils. Hayton would be interesting to me as the second center I'd be chasing, but not the first.

Again, a package of Nils and Krav will bring back a young center. Maybe its not Lundell/Newhook, maybe it's a guy taken a little later that develops better than expected, etc. There are many options out there.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
They can fairly easily fit Strome at 5.5-6 with ELC/cheap replacements for those 3. And once you take into account that Blais & Kakko wont be getting significant raises due to injury and underperformance, its even easier. If the Rangers want to fit Strome they can. The front office has a lot more knowledge of their cap situation than us on excel spreadsheets, so I don't worry too much about it.
The main difference in our projections is Kakko. You may have him on some 2.5 bridge while I have them buying 3-4 years at about 3.75 - 4. Both positions are defendable, we’ll see what happens.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
But it hasn't shown it to be true. It happens again and again and again. You keep saying "but that's an exception."

Yeah, an exception comes up like every 2 years at least.

It doesn't have to be Newhook, I just suggest him as a Newhook LIKE player. I've said many times, again, that if I was a team like LA I'd certainly be interested in a deal based around Turcotte for Nils. If they don't want to trade Turcotte, they have other centers I like too, but they'd have to add probably.

Hayton would be more of a reclamation project at this time. Suggesting Nils for him is ridiculous, he's more on par with a Strome, who we got for a Spooner. I'm not saying the Coyotes are trading him for a Spooner PER SE, but they aren't getting Nils for him either. They will either keep him and try to turn him around themselves or they will get way less than Nils. Hayton would be interesting to me as the second center I'd be chasing, but not the first.

Again, a package of Nils and Krav will bring back a young center. Maybe its not Lundell/Newhook, maybe it's a guy taken a little later that develops better than expected, etc. There are many options out there.

Maybe it’s not Lundell or Newhook?

It 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt wouldn’t be a Lundell or Newhook.

Lundkvist doesn’t have that kind of value and Kravtsovs value is at an all time low.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The main difference in our projections is Kakko. You may have him on some 2.5 bridge while I have them buying 3-4 years at about 3.75 - 4. Both positions are defendable, we’ll see what happens.

A 3-4 year deal is much less likely. We just don't have the cap space. Not if we plan to re-sign Strome or replace him with a similar player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad