Speculation: Roster Building Thread: (still) No Quinn In NY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Trocheck is, for my money, a better finisher than Strome. Strome scored plenty of goals for us but the objective viewer could see that his shooting and decisions close to the net left something to be desired. The line never had a true trigger puller.

Panarin-Trochek-Kravtsov is not a hypothetical line that would require Panarin to shoot when there are other options available. Question is if we get that or if Gallant tries to throw Laf there which would be a whole other can of worms.

Kinda stinks that the eras didn't align but I think prime Cammalleri would have scored 40+ with Panarin on his wing.
Trocheck is an upgrade in a variety of areas, but I will say Strome was very involved offensively contributing to many offensive chances and goals, and he quietly did a lot of little things on a very successful Powerplay in his positioning, puck recovery and movement that wasn’t necessarily noticed.

But I’ll still take Trocheck because his game is so much more important in the playoffs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
in terms of forwards, any of that Berard /Cuylle/Othmann group making the team improves them more than anyone they are getting on PTO. De Haan was probably the last PTO dman that made sense Too.

Rodrigues would be very interesting to me but I doubt he takes a PTO anywhere but Pittsburgh

Reactions: deathb4disco

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Holds the NY Rangers single season record for goals by a defenseman. Oh, Trader Phil, you sucked as a GM. Terrible return.
This many days till opening night:
1662956061237.jpeg

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I’m surprised we haven’t seen the brassard movement yet.

I guess there’s still time.

Its time to trade for Stepan tbh. And brick back Dan G to the franchise with the coaching setup. Brian Boyle is our destined 4thliner, make it happen.

There.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Motte is not getting much if you have Evan Rodrigues getting only $2 million.
this is actually a good deal since there were people talking about him getting a pto a couple weeks ago. he found a great spot. it's possible motte is waiting to see if something happens for teams at camp that opens up his options in specific locations that he wants to live, but it does look like his agent made some mistakes here

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
this is actually a good deal since there were people talking about him getting a pto a couple weeks ago. he found a great spot. it's possible motte is waiting to see if something happens for teams at camp that opens up his options in specific locations that he wants to live, but it does look like his agent made some mistakes here

its so weird because I look at the Avs roster and they are top heavy but we know they are going to be great still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad