Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The offensive juggernaut hangs on for one more.

I don't know what the solution is. I'm not a coach. Just a fan with a big mouth and access to the internet.

But I do know what the solution isn't.

It's not doing the same thing over and over. It's not continuing with a coach in over his head. It's not relying on the same four forwards who have failed so many times already.

And it's not idly sitting by doing nothing while fans boo's are echoing throughout the arena.

A decade of the Shanaplan later and these are the results. A single playoffs series win. And a fractured fan base desperate for success.

At this point I just want them to either win it all, or fail spectacularly, so the fans can finally be united again.

Reactions: seventieslord

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Needs to be a federal investigation as to why Samsonov started this series given objectively and significantly worse statistics against weaker competition than Woll, a well documented weak mentality with a penchant for a bad goal at the worst time, and no future with this team given UFA status.

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
been very critical of marner and rightfully so Imo but that was one of his better games in a while. He looked fast out there all night. Knies been all over the place all series too. One of our better players. Woll looked good too

Reactions: arso40

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Just imagine where we are in the series if our special teams weren't DOA.
It would be over.

Hoping Marchand burned himself here

Ref went to touch him and Marchand dived thinking it was a Leaf. The ref knows it was a dive too. I hope they'll remember that the next game he goes down easily.

I can't stop watching this lol

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010

Hoping Marchand burned himself here

Ref went to touch him and Marchand dived thinking it was a Leaf. The ref knows it was a dive too. I hope they'll remember that the next game he goes down easily.

I noticed that too. I don't have much confidence in NHL refs buts funny to see them experience his diving first hand.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Liked holmbergs game alot
Absolutely.

The reason I want Holmberg in is:
1. Is a center. If there is an injury in-game, he can fill in
2. Has defensive awareness
3. Knows how to "play the game"

Holmberg takes Marchand out of the play twice w.o taking a penalty, and gets offsetting minors at the end - taking him off the ice for 2 minutes.

You think Robertson knows how to pull shit like this??

Nah, there was a reason Holmberg was SHL MVP.

He was praised by the core for his I.Q and was highly touted for his clutch factor as well so it would not surprise me if he scores a key goal.

Last edited:

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
Thought we played without feat for the first time this playoffs. Shame we waited until an elimination game, but I'll take it.

Keep it up.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Amazing what happens when they come out focused and determined, even though or maybe because there was no Matthews. Everyone just doing their job without trying to do too much.
Now they still might easily have lost, all it would have taken was one more bounce against them and the series was over.
Let’s see if they can win at home now for once..

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Bruins choking?

Good job, Knies is looking like a 12M player (when compared to Marner) but we all somehow suspected it'd go back to Toronto.

Can they win two more? Damn, game 7 or bust?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Domi talks like he's versed in the school of Mike Babcock without the narcissism.

Seriously though can we hire Domi as a full time media coach too? Holy f*** he handles the Toronto media well.
Helps when your Dad is who he is.

Hate him or not that whole team back then understood a lot better than this team how to handle the media.

I hope the rest of them follow his lead. Perfect answer. Don't think of anything else just go win the next one.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I noticed that too. I don't have much confidence in NHL refs buts funny to see them experience his diving first hand.

LOL

I bet you really saw diving ...

Meanwhile, the ref had solid speed and pushed unsuspected Marchand -standing still, from the side, in what universe he stays on his feet? :DD

• Haha
Reactions: bax

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Talk to any Bruins fan you know. They will all say the same thing about Pastrnak. He will be just as invisible in games 6 and 7 because he tends to dry up even more when the intensity of games elevates.

Speaking of Boston fans, for everyone who thinks they have a coaching advantage, go ask Boston fans what they think of Monty. He is repeating many of the same mistakes he made last year, and once again it will cost him a series. Maybe he ends up keeping his job after this, but Boston would be wise to let him go.
Interesting that Pasta makes over 11 million per year and disappears when the going gets tough kinda like the leafs stars. Maybe just maybe giving players that much is not a good idea if you want to win. Maybe just maybe spreading the money across the whole team is the way to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad