Speculation: Roster Building Thread: (still) No Quinn In NY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I want more depth signings up front. We have very little depth there.

Surprised that we haven’t signed any player ‘looking for a NHL contract’, perhaps it’s coming.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens

Surprised that we haven’t signed any player ‘looking for a NHL contract’, perhaps it’s coming.

They've got Brodzinski, Gettinger, Cuylle. I assume they would like to flip Gauthier for a similar depth forward. Trivigno. I'm OK with that as depth. But I assume we'll also see a veteran on a PTO closer to camp.

Reactions: Ola

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Trocheck-Kravtsov
Goodrow-Chytil-Kakko
Blais-Carpenter-Reaves
Hunt
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Schneider
Hajek
Shesterkin
Halak

Brodzinski, Lundkvist, Cuylle, Robertson, Trivigno as guys in Hartford I think can contribute, maybe Othmann too if he really impresses in camp. I think they are still one more big piece away but that is a lineup without many holes and they have the chips to add that final piece. Excited for next season.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Trocheck-Kravtsov
Goodrow-Chytil-Kakko
Blais-Carpenter-Reaves
Hunt
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Jones-Schneider
Hajek
Shesterkin
Halak

Brodzinski, Lundkvist, Cuylle, Robertson, Trivigno as guys in Hartford I think can contribute, maybe Othmann too if he really impresses in camp. I think they are still one more big piece away but that is a lineup without many holes and they have the chips to add that final piece. Excited for next season.

Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves all have connections to one another. All 3 are good friends. Carp+Reaves together in Vegas. Goodrow+Carpenter in SJ. Goodrow and Reaves have become very close in NY. Let that build hopefully that motivates them. Still don’t love Lafreniere playing RW yet again, he just doesn’t work there

Swap Blais and Goodrow and I’m happy with it. Blais provides more physicality than Goodrow and has more offensive upside too. Let’s just hope Fil improves his faceoffs

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Goodrow-Carpenter-Reaves all have connections to one another. All 3 are good friends. Carp+Reaves together in Vegas. Goodrow+Carpenter in SJ. Goodrow and Reaves have become very close in NY. Let that build hopefully that motivates them. Still don’t love Lafreniere playing RW yet again, he just doesn’t work there

Swap Blais and Goodrow and I’m happy with it. Blais provides more physicality than Goodrow and has more offensive upside too. Let’s just hope Fil improves his faceoffs

Thats fine with me. The lines should be written in pencil until camp starts. I do think the presence of Goodrow helps Chytil's game though.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What would the ask be for Kakko to Colorado?
Scratch my last post,

Logan O Connor+1st+Annunen/Olausson

and I’d do it

Fair enough, interesting that you have no interest in Newhook who has arguably had the better start to the career of the two.
He really hasn’t. Newhook is more in line with Chytil who has proven more. I don’t see him being much of an impact player

Reactions: Perratrooper

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Scratch my last post,

Logan O Connor+1st+Annunen/Olausson

and I’d do it

He really hasn’t. Newhook is more in line with Chytil who has proven more. I don’t see him being much of an impact player

I would probably counter with Kaut/Ranta instead of LOC or if the Rangers would be interested, something around JTC.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think the Avs could have pieces that interest Rangers but not with their current cap situation. Girard is a good puck moving D, JT Compher make a good 3rd/4th center. But only if the Rangers had plenty of capspace which they don't.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Why do we even allow posts about this guy? He hasn't been a Ranger for awhile and now plays on a rival. And F*** him.
You think he isn’t going to talk about his former teammates, the org, and the recent series against us? Him jawing with Gallant? None of that interests you?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I think the Avs could have pieces that interest Rangers but not with their current cap situation. Girard is a good puck moving D, JT Compher make a good 3rd/4th center. But only if the Rangers had plenty of capspace which they don't.
long term Girard isn’t better than Lindgren or Miller. We don’t need PMD. Chytil is already a 3C and improving.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Yeah. I think most players are still holding out for what they want at this point. Those bargain deals are usually later, I believe.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Ola

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
MZ, AP, CK, VT, AL, KK, FC, SB, BG, VK, DH, JB, RR, RC.

I expect growth from the kid line. I think our top 9 is going to be fine.

Call up's to include Trivigno, Pajuniemi and or Cuylle

I think our depth is fine.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
long term Girard isn’t better than Lindgren or Miller. We don’t need PMD. Chytil is already a 3C and improving.
Could be, but at the moment Girard would be the teams 2nd best puck mover and PP D-man behind Fox. And he's on a good contract. But considering the pipeline of NYR D-prospects, not really a move that would make that much sense long term I suppose. And yes, Lindgren and Miller will improve as well, they are young.

If Chytil continues on his playoff form he will be much better than Compher. But for regular season JTC was better than Chytil I do agree.

I don't know lol, I was kinda gasping at straws here. There really isn't a viable trade to be made here. The Avs prospect pool is pretty empty and doesn't really make sense to give one of those or picks for an un-established forward like Kakko (as much as I'd love him at Colorado with his buddies).

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Could be, but at the moment Girard would be the teams 2nd best puck mover and PP D-man behind Fox. And he's on a good contract. But considering the pipeline of NYR D-prospects, not really a move that would make that much sense long term I suppose. And yes, Lindgren and Miller will improve as well, they are young.

If Chytil continues on his playoff form he will be much better than Compher. But for regular season JTC was better than Chytil I do agree.

I don't know lol, I was kinda gasping at straws here. There really isn't a viable trade to be made here. The Avs prospect pool is pretty empty and doesn't really make sense to give one of those or picks for an un-established forward like Kakko (as much as I'd love him at Colorado with his buddies).
The Rangers have $5M for Girard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad