frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Maybe @Edge was right.

Okay, I’ll bite:

…about what
???

That people are inherently awful and ungrateful.

A poster can display a history of relationships and good information and volunteer their time towards adding meaningful dialogue/context to the board. But there will always be HF users who out of hand dismiss anything, unless they are present for the information being divulged next to a photo of today's newspaper (or whatever moving goalposts they'll use).

Thank you Edge and Steven, as you'll never hear the amount of thank yous deserved over the incessant grumbling of the few.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
We need Bread to attack the net and shoot like most of these clips. This is the difference between his first 95 point season here vs last season’s 95 points. Much more of a driver and attacker than an opportunist in years past. Need to see that re-invigorated.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We need Bread to attack the net and shoot like most of these clips. This is the difference between his first 95 point season here vs last season’s 95 points. Much more of a driver and attacker than an opportunist in years past. Need to see that re-invigorated.

I think he’ll be fine with Trocheck as opposed to Strome. Panarin and Strome got into some bad habits. They got comfortable playing too cute. It works in the regular season but not in the playoffs. I have a ton of faith in Panarin.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
On the main board in the Nils thread I see people talking about JG having interest in guys he drafted. Made me wonder how many GMs would make a trade with a team that fired them. Its normal to have animosity or for a person to hold a grudge against a business that fires them so why would an NHL Gm be any different? I would also assume they would want an overpay. Its a shame because I would think the Rangers have a lot of guys JG would want as he scouted, traded for or drafted many of them.

Personally I would love to buy low on Dvorak if MTL would retain 50%. Still can't believe they gave up a first for what I feel is a 3rd line center. I am not sold on Chytil as the 3C and if this is the year he turns it around the Rangers can't afford him next year anyways. He is probably traded or they could slide him over to LW and have a really good 3rd line with Kk, Blais or Krav playing with them. Wonder if MTL moves Dvorak with his MNTC kicking in next year.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
On the main board in the Nils thread I see people talking about JG having interest in guys he drafted. Made me wonder how many GMs would make a trade with a team that fired them. Its normal to have animosity or for a person to hold a grudge against a business that fires them so why would an NHL Gm be any different? I would also assume they would want an overpay. Its a shame because I would think the Rangers have a lot of guys JG would want as he scouted, traded for or drafted many of them.

Personally I would love to buy low on Dvorak if MTL would retain 50%. Still can't believe they gave up a first for what I feel is a 3rd line center. I am not sold on Chytil as the 3C and if this is the year he turns it around the Rangers can't afford him next year anyways. He is probably traded or they could slide him over to LW and have a really good 3rd line with Kk, Blais or Krav playing with them. Wonder if MTL moves Dvorak with his MNTC kicking in next year.
if they move Lundkvist it will be for a center or RW player within the same age range. Rangers don’t have the cap space for Dvorak and he is overrated. rather take a chance with Chytil. Dvorak too inconsistent. Chytil at least is young where he can get better.

i can see Hayton to Rangers for Lundkvist

Reactions: haveandare

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
1662866784294.gif

This many days until opening night:
1662866963254.jpeg

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think maybe Drury invited him to wait.
Matbe Reeves back to Pitt?
I was wondering if Reaves isn’t feeling it in camp, maybe he hangs up the skates. Or maybe they’re brewing an LTIR situation. There are so many veteran guys out of work due to the flat cap, I can’t see the league scrutinizing double-dipping a fourth line slot.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
if they move Lundkvist it will be for a center or RW player within the same age range. Rangers don’t have the cap space for Dvorak and he is overrated. rather take a chance with Chytil. Dvorak too inconsistent. Chytil at least is young where he can get better.

i can see Hayton to Rangers for Lundkvist
Dvorak is 26, better and way more consistent then Chytil. He would also be under contract for 3 more years as opposed to Chytil who is probably gone next season due to cap reasons. At 50% retained he is pretty much the same cap hit as Chytil. If Chytil actually produces this year he is gone next year.

Reactions: bleedblue94

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Dvorak is 26, better and way more consistent then Chytil. He would also be under contract for 3 more years as opposed to Chytil who is probably gone next season due to cap reasons. At 50% retained he is pretty much the same cap hit as Chytil. If Chytil actually produces this year he is gone next year.
So basically the argument is that because dvorak is worse than chytil but locked up for a longer time, he's a better choice?

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
We can't afford Chytil if he breaks out. If he breaks out we get a much better player than Dvorak back when we trade him. Doesn't make much sense to trade Chytil at this point. You hope the playoffs woke him up and you have great trade chip next offseason.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We can't afford Chytil if he breaks out. If he breaks out we get a much better player than Dvorak back when we trade him. Doesn't make much sense to trade Chytil at this point. You hope the playoffs woke him up and you have great trade chip next offseason.
If Chytil "breaks out", it's going to be 40 points, not 60. Barring significant injury, he isn't going to get much top 6 or PP time. A new contract for him is probably in the 3-3.5 mil range.

Miller is probably looking at 4 mil per year, at most. Dobson just got that on a 3 year deal. Miller will have more games played when he gets his contract, but the odds of him matching Dobson's offensive numbers is slim, so it's unlikely that Miller will get more than him, especially if he signs a 2 year deal rather than 3.

Laf is the wild card, but he may not get significant PP time this year. That will keep his numbers in check. Look at Buchnevich's 2nd contract. 2 years @ 3.25 mil after putting up 38 points in 64 games without PP time. He had 101 points in 179 games while on his ELC.

I'm expecting Laf (assuming he stays healthy) to put up better number this year than Buchnevich did in his contract year, but at the same time, he'll probably end up with worse numbers overall. He's currently at 52 points in 135 games. Even if he hits 50 points this year, he's probably not getting more than 4 mil per on a 2 year deal. Necas just signed a 2 year deal @ 3 mil per, and he has 119 points in 203 career games. Yamamoto got 3.1 per for 2 years, and he has 93 points in 186 games.

Neither Miller nor Laf are arbitration eligible, so Drury can squeeze them as needed. Yes, I know we'd all love to sign both of them to 8 year deals at a bargain cap hit, but that just may not be possible. We may not have the cap space for it, and they may not be willing to sign it. The cap will go up significantly within a couple years. We'll have plenty of cap space to pay them on their 3rd contracts.

If we need to clear cap space, the move to make is to buy out Goodrow, as RB suggested. I know people don't want to hear that, but it's the easiest way to clear significant cap space and there's only 1 year where the cap hit is significant, and the cap will be significantly higher by then. That's a far better option than trading away a 23 year old Chytil after he finally puts it all together.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
So basically the argument is that because dvorak is worse than chytil but locked up for a longer time, he's a better choice?
Lol yes when I say Dvorak is better and more consistent then Chytil that definitely means Chytil and his 20 something points a year and being invisible for most of it is way better. Ranger fans continue to over rate him.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
We arent getting a much better player with a cap hit a hair over 2 mill to be a 3C . If Chytil has another 20 point season he has zero value. If he breaks out is a pretty big jump. I mean I been hearing it for years now.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020

Or he could join in on the royal road revolution, which he happens to already excel at, like the rest of the hockey playing world. Just a thought.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

his shot is so weird in a lot of those goals. Just like...slow and lazy and it looks like he'll be throwing a muffin on net and suddenly it leaps off his stick and is in the net

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Trocheck is, for my money, a better finisher than Strome. Strome scored plenty of goals for us but the objective viewer could see that his shooting and decisions close to the net left something to be desired. The line never had a true trigger puller.

Panarin-Trochek-Kravtsov is not a hypothetical line that would require Panarin to shoot when there are other options available. Question is if we get that or if Gallant tries to throw Laf there which would be a whole other can of worms.

Kinda stinks that the eras didn't align but I think prime Cammalleri would have scored 40+ with Panarin on his wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How about Brian Boyle back on a PTO? He would help with faceoffs and PK ability. He can still score 10 -15 goals on the 4th line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad