Speculation: Roster Building Thread: (still) No Quinn In NY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
its so weird because I look at the Avs roster and they are top heavy but we know they are going to be great still
I mean when you have 4-5 absolutely fantastic players you can easily be great.
They are rolling the dice on goaltending though.
The mackinnon contract though is going to be the determination how far the av's can go after this year.
He gets 13m, theyre dead.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You want to be top heavy and improve your depth with rentals at the deadline if you are a cup contender. You don’t screw yourself over by overpaying for depth.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I do like Boyle but he's regressed and he's too slow for what we need
Hire Boyle for the farm team ......the kids will love the guy . Brian Boyle is the perfect TEAM guy . I'm not sure what kind of coach he would become....but he is worth giving a chance I think at some level below the NHL to start .

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The mackinnon contract though is going to be the determination how far the av's can go after this year.
I personally feel the Rangers rival the Avs in nearly every category and have more potential moving forward. If the Rangers play their cards right and make sure they develop Lafreniere, Kakko, and Miller correctly. The Rangers could be stacked. Shesterkin, Fox, Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, Trouba. If Lafreniere, Kakko, and Miller reach their potential...

• Love
Reactions: Rongomania

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
its so weird because I look at the Avs roster and they are top heavy but we know they are going to be great still
Meh, they made a pretty risky gamble bringing in Georgie to replace Kuemper. People like to talk crap about Kuemper but he’s been a very solid and consistent regular season goalie the last few years.

Georgiev is a headcase who can’t put three solid starts in a row together. Maybe okaying behind the Avs will take some of the presssure off of him and he’ll have it a bit easier but I can’t say I’m confident in him being as good for them as Kuemper (and Grubauer before him) was in the regular season. Then again, Kuemper was like .900 in the playoffs and they still win the cup. Still, you have to get there first and I’m pretty sure Kuemper had like the second best sv % in the league in the second half of the season or something like that.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Based on just pure joy and entertainment value for a Ranger fan, no one was better.
FU Dave Brown …and the P you Flyered in on.
This many days till opening night:
1663044043330.jpeg

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He's getting that and more. They will go all in for a cup this year again

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You want to be top heavy and improve your depth with rentals at the deadline if you are a cup contender. You don’t screw yourself over by overpaying for depth.

I think it’s the opposite. 😁

All shifts count the same. The ability you put on the ice for the full 60 minutes will be summed at the bottom line. Teams like Toronto that can fill up 40 of those but constantly are struggling with the remaining 20 are not having much success. 4 of the last 6 Cup winners had the best 3rd line in the NHL hands down.

With that said, I think we pretty much agree in reality. From my POV, you should not overpay for something that you can get cheap. Most of the time, the true drivers of a line cannot be had cheap, but the size, grit and character can.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nice. Though a little odd to see Jones there. He should dominate in those 2 games.

edit - Oh crap, starts in 2 days! Hockey's back!
No AHL or tryout Fs is atypical for NYR, speaks to the influx of guys from recent drafts

Khodo the vet in the group,
(I believe he, Martin only guys w 2 full pro seasons)

Khodo and Jones likely wear Letters for the Flyers games, maybe Robertson too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad