Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Amazing. Chiarot is a luxury for them.
It also highlights how weak the leafs front office is. They *need* Chiarot but wouldn’t ante up. Florida is balls-out. Impressive.
I’d actually say Chariot, although I don’t like him, was a bigger need for them than Giroux. Giroux with their forward core/offense as is is overkill

But agreed, team is stacked. If they don’t win this year, they never will

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Saw it last night but apparently Rangers were in on Giroux and he said no lol

Thanks Claude, appreciate it
It should be mentioned that we don't know what Drury was offering. It's possible his offer wouldn't have been the best regardless. Either way, I'm glad he's going elsewhere. The cost to obtain him would have been too much.

Reactions: LeetchisGod
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I proposed a Gourde, Lehkonen and Giordano acquisition. The players I would put on the table would be Kravtsov, Chytil, Lundqvist and picks, and yes, I think those players would make a tremendous difference.
The challenge there is the Rangers will need to either resign Strome or go out and get a 2C this summer. And those assets might be needed for the latter purpose.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The challenge there is the Rangers will need to either resign Strome or go out and get a 2C this summer. And those assets might be needed for the latter purpose.

Think that depends on if Seattle retains on Gourde and what Lehkonen is looking for in his next contract. Gourde would replace Strome and Lehkonen would move on to the 3rd line. Next season you could have:

Kreider - Zib - Laff
Panarin - Gourde - Kakko
Lehkonen - Goodrow - Blais
Hunt - Rooney (depending on price) - Reaves

A lot of what the Rangers will be able to do depends on the Kakko contract. His play through his ELC and this season combined with how long he has been out hurt will impact things. It depends if the Rangers want to bridge him cheap or lock him up longer term (if the player even wants that) at a higher rate (but likely cheaper then what it could cost after that bridge deal ends. I personally think Kakko is going to want a bridge.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Saw it last night but apparently Rangers were in on Giroux and he said no lol

Thanks Claude, appreciate it

I'd be a little offended had it just been us but apparently he said no to the Bruins too.

So he doesn't want to go help a close rival win a cup, and I respect that. It's rare these days.

Reactions: Lion Hound

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers looking at former Islanders De Haan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220318-095901_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220318-095901_Instagram.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 10

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

Nice roundup article. Mentions the Rangers as wanting a D upgrade, having "done their research" on Kessel, and want Georgiev to stay through the end of the season and intend to trade him over the summer. Does not think Geo is in NY next year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Any other team that might be looking to dump a 1-year contract to get cap-space?

The upside with Radulov is that he is a warrior, which is always better than the opposite even if his body isn't up to the task anymore.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Any other team that might be looking to dump a 1-year contract to get cap-space?

The upside with Radulov is that he is a warrior, which is always better than the opposite even if his body isn't up to the task anymore.
I'm 100% in on Radulov and he'd be easy to get
He could be a good mentor for Kravtsov too if we bring Krav back for the end of season/playoffs. Radulov got basically thrown out of the NHL for his immaturity, and then came back years later and had a great career

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
I'm 100% in on Radulov and he'd be easy to get
He could be a good mentor for Kravtsov too if we bring Krav back for the end of season/playoffs. Radulov got basically thrown out of the NHL for his immaturity, and then came back years later and had a great career
Is this tacit admission that Kravtsov is immature or are you expecting Kravtsov to teach Radulov some new skills about adulthood/responsibility?

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The Stars want to add a defenseman but they need to clear out money. The Rangers take on Radulov's contract which will have $1.25M remaining on trade deadline day. Radulov is Kakko insurance. The Rangers acquire a 2nd in 2023 with Radulov for a future 6th to 7th round pick. Radulov is a 4th liner in Dallas these days. The Rangers will need draft pick currency to unload Nemeth's contract on Arizona. The Rangers took on Vatrano's deal which had $557K left. The Panthers wanted a higher pick. They accepted a 4th because they needed to make the move for Chiarot and start their process of making moves. Florida can't wait until Monday afternoon. Chiarot needs to get his visa and that will take one week. Covid era bureaucracy. His first game for Florida will be next week when the Panthers visit the Habs.

Radulov plays in the Rangers top 9/probably top 6 with Panarin. Maybe the two Russians find some chemistry for the remaining 19 regular season games and the playoffs. Panarin gets Radulov going a bit.

The Rangers should not rush Kakko back. They also should not fork over significant assets for Rakell or another rental.
:thumbu:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Your intial post was "Giroux most likely going to Florida Dreger saying Tippet being held out. My guess is Tippet, a 2 and a conditional 2 that becomes a 1 if conditions"

Florida does not have a 1st round pick this year, or next. In order to give a conditional pick, you must have ALL picks available for ALL possible outcomes (you can't acquire them later in order to fulfill the trade).
Do they have in 2024? They didn’t run out of 1st rounds picks from here to eternity yet right?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Do they have in 2024? They didn’t run out of 1st rounds picks from here to eternity yet right?

I'd be pretty surprised if Giroux went for a pick that far out. Never say never but Fletcher trading a franchise icon for a pick that doesn't even get to be made until 2+ years from now seems to be...not ideal for his job security.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
If the Rangers want a Chariot type of player they should just get Jacob Middleton at half the cost. Earlier in the season SJS board were saying it would take a 4th rounder. He's 26, and had a breakout season. He's the only Sharks defenseman with a positive plus/minus. Not that +/- is the most accurate statistic. He's a RFA at the end of the season. He's 8th on TSN's list. Currently playing with Karlsson on the 2nd pairing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad