Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Can't wait for the summer. Half the people unhappy with whoever they draft. More than half won't want to trade any of the top prospects, because "let's wait 'til camp to see what we have." Don't trade for this guy or that guy because they're not perfect. And oh damn, no one is giving away 1/2 centers. Best not to do anything.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The fact that Brooks says the Rangers would prefer to sign McBain in the offseason, to me, is just posturing. It’s normal for them to do this with Brooks

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Going back to RB's post on the last thread regarding Copp, I don't think I burn assets on him unless he agrees to an extension upon being dealt here.

Well good Chance they burn assets on a ufa that’s gonna walk so why not him ?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lots of talk recently about Panarin & Fox's play slipping, but took no further than their BFFs. Strome & Lindgren have been largely terrible since the the calendar turned to 2022. Both guys seem like they will be truly exposed in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tob and Boris Zubov

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would trade Strome, why take the risk and let him walk as UFA. Rangers can get something for him at the deadline deptjh like they did with Gaborik at the same time were also in the playoffs
The Gaborik trade and timing is not at all comparable. Not in the least bit.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Strome is now tied for the third-worst penalty differential among NHL forwards.

Reactions: Lua

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Is Rackell the right fit? Yes we need more scoring depth. We need to improve the 3rd line. But is Rackell going to battle through the grind of a playoff game where the space on the ice gets tighter. Less room. I don’t know. I have watched him and know he has talent, but he hasn’t played in meaningful games in awhile. Same with Kessel. Kessel is older and slower. Yes I know what he did 4 years ago. What about now?

They may be the only options. I really want Copp. If they could get Copp and Rackell thats a different look. Maybe Giordano as well.

I don’t think we could or should go after Giroux. Although he fits a position of need. Scheifele I would love. Maybe Copp/Scheifele package. Extend Copp. Let Strome walk.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
WPG beating VGK 6-3.

That will bring them 2 pts behind Vegas with a game in hand.

If I were a betting man, Vegas is not making the playoffs.

Panic time in Vegas, lets take advantage

Reactions: Taluss and egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad