Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
The condition being “team reaches ECF” can’t be fulfilled?
Your intial post was "Giroux most likely going to Florida Dreger saying Tippet being held out. My guess is Tippet, a 2 and a conditional 2 that becomes a 1 if conditions"

Florida does not have a 1st round pick this year, or next. In order to give a conditional pick, you must have ALL picks available for ALL possible outcomes (you can't acquire them later in order to fulfill the trade).

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I 100% agree, and I don’t have a problem with posters at a place like this not understanding that guys like Hertl or Larkin or Eichel and the likes make zero sense — it’s worse that just about any reporter around this team understands it (and here I draw a line re. Eichel/Larkin after Ziba was resigned, would have been another thing if we let Ziba walk).

Sure you can afford extremely high paid players. I used to joke that all Cup winners actually have one thing in common, a few terrible contracts.

But like we have the extremely high paid players. Panarin is the 2nd highest paid player in the league. Both Fox and Trouba are top 15 along Ds. Ziba is 12 among forwards.

You must have elite depth to win, 4 of the last 6 cup winners arguably had by far the best 3rd line in the League (Hags-Bonino-Kessel/Coleman-Gourde-Goodrow). Stuff happen, you must be flexible.

All focus around this team should be on that Drury must find ways to get great contracts, overachievers. We can’t even remotely afford another expensive center. It’s a joke.
It's not directed towards the people here because for most part people here understand the issues. Some of the media guys like Vince and the fans on twitter make no sense. The people at The Athletic who post when Staple writes something. Even some of the people on The NHL Network. The Rangers should get this player or that player. The Rangers don't have space for that player. The Rangers should trade for Hertl. The Rangers should trade for Lindholm. The Rangers should trade for Eichel and re-sign Zibanejad. Vince wrote that last summer. How would that have worked?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So given their lack of picks, is Florida forced to trade Lundell to get Giroux? Really would prefer that that kid doesn’t end up in Philly.
No. Giroux isn't worth that as a rental, and they have other prospects they can trade, like Tippet and Denisenko.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Radulov as a cap dump aka we are paid to take him is exactly the move the Rangers should be making. Sit him in the press box send him down trade him to another team at 50% for a f***in 7th who cares…as long as that’s the thinking haha.
The Stars want to add a defenseman but they need to clear out money. The Rangers take on Radulov's contract which will have $1.25M remaining on trade deadline day. Radulov is Kakko insurance. The Rangers acquire a 2nd in 2023 with Radulov for a future 6th to 7th round pick. Radulov is a 4th liner in Dallas these days. The Rangers will need draft pick currency to unload Nemeth's contract on Arizona. The Rangers took on Vatrano's deal which had $557K left. The Panthers wanted a higher pick. They accepted a 4th because they needed to make the move for Chiarot and start their process of making moves. Florida can't wait until Monday afternoon. Chiarot needs to get his visa and that will take one week. Covid era bureaucracy. His first game for Florida will be next week when the Panthers visit the Habs.

Radulov plays in the Rangers top 9/probably top 6 with Panarin. Maybe the two Russians find some chemistry for the remaining 19 regular season games and the playoffs. Panarin gets Radulov going a bit.

The Rangers should not rush Kakko back. They also should not fork over significant assets for Rakell or another rental.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Tell me RB, what changes next season that gives the Rangers better shot next year than this one, except for the looming cap crunch? What about the season after that, or the one after that?!? We have a great team with a few holes this season. The objective should be to address those holes and try to win this season. I’m not saying trade all of the prospects and picks, but three good pickups this year and we have a legit shot. Most of this board is ready to throw away this season for some pie in the sky theory of windows and having to lose to win…nonsense!
The Rangers should improve their team. Drury acquired Vatrano for a small price. He should look to improve the team by not giving up much. Which prospects and picks do you want to trade? Will the players acquired in the trades really make that much of a difference?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I was at the flying puck one night in 2010 with a bunch of friends. The guy next to me was pretty drunk and clearly a rangers fan. He randomly looks at me and says "man this new kid, whats his name, stephan, yeah stephan, he f***ing sucks,ehh?" and I was like no way he scored 3 goals in his first game, he's only 20 years old what are you talking about dude? and he was like okay come here lemme buy you and all your friends drinks, the guy was Stepan's dad and just messing with me.

He bought me and my 3 friends drinks the rest of the night, until like 2am and tried to get my girlfriend's number so he could take her "to a game." Fun times. I miss the flying puck.
We were there back about 5 years ago...sorry to hear it closed . Had a few beers and watched the team hammer Montreal that night on the road .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The Stars want to add a defenseman but they need to clear out money. The Rangers take on Radulov's contract which will have $1.25M remaining on trade deadline day. Radulov is Kakko insurance. The Rangers acquire a 2nd in 2023 with Radulov for a future 6th to 7th round pick. Radulov is a 4th liner in Dallas these days. The Rangers will need draft pick currency to unload Nemeth's contract on Arizona. The Rangers took on Vatrano's deal which had $557K left. The Panthers wanted a higher pick. They accepted a 4th because they needed to make the move for Chiarot and start their process of making moves. Florida can't wait until Monday afternoon. Chiarot needs to get his visa and that will take one week. Covid era bureaucracy. His first game for Florida will be next week when the Panthers visit the Habs.

Radulov plays in the Rangers top 9/probably top 6 with Panarin. Maybe the two Russians find some chemistry for the remaining 19 regular season games and the playoffs. Panarin gets Radulov going a bit.

The Rangers should not rush Kakko back. They also should not fork over significant assets for Rakell or another rental.
I can live with that pukeface Radulov if we win the deal and it makes us better short and long term.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Who is JAD?
Jaret Anderson-Dolan. 22 year old center. He was a second round pick in '17. He's mostly been in the AHL where he has 65 pts in 92 games and 12 in 50 w/the LAK. Not sure if he's just been blocked in LA having so many centers but could come at a reasonable price and get more of a chance with the NYR esp next season.

Reactions: egelband

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I can live with that pukeface Radulov if we win the deal and it makes us better short and long term.

Something may happen today once Sekera clears waivers

Could easily take that contract back and stash him for depth or just dump Hajek at the same time

Jones and Lundkvist are D call ups anyway

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
The Rangers should improve their team. Drury acquired Vatrano for a small price. He should look to improve the team by not giving up much. Which prospects and picks do you want to trade? Will the players acquired in the trades really make that much of a difference?
I proposed a Gourde, Lehkonen and Giordano acquisition. The players I would put on the table would be Kravtsov, Chytil, Lundqvist and picks, and yes, I think those players would make a tremendous difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad