Boston
Florida
Carolina
Colorado
Edmonton
Vegas

To helter skelter for me

No confidence

if any goalie can change the course of a game and give the team momentum its Igor.

I say Rangers go 4-2-2 in these next 8. Anything can happens with injuries and travel.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Gauthier has one more game to play (10), thereafter he has to go through waivers again to be reassigned to HWP. I think, at least, this is the case. Considering that a 4 game West Coast road trip is up next and the uncertain health status of VK 74, we might wanna keep an eye on this... I do not think Goat clears a second time around

He just played his 100th game as a Ranger if you can wrap your head around that. Crazy.

But, yeah, one more and he's subject to that again. I think it's either 10 games or 30 days with the club. The Rangers would be wise to send him back at this point. It's either him or Carpenter and either would be subject to being snatched up.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He just played his 100th game as a Ranger if you can wrap your head around that. Crazy.

But, yeah, one more and he's subject to that again. I think it's either 10 games or 30 days with the club. The Rangers would be wise to send him back at this point. It's either him or Carpenter and either would be subject to being snatched up.
So waive Carpenter & don't think twice. If Carpenter gets claimed & that's highly doubtful, we can rejoice for the cap space we might be able to accumulate.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Needs 2 more goals for a career high of 4 goals scored in 1 season. At least he is improving 🤔 if he played more aggressive and moved his feet more, he’d more more consistent

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I'm also holding out hope that one of Othmann or Berard or maybe somebody else sheds expectations and becomes a legit star.

All of the top contenders except for f***ing Colorado and their 19-year rebuild have had non-lottery picks become core guys.

That might sound crazy but if I told you in June of 2019 "in 720 days, they're going to be announcing that Adam Fox won the Norris," you would have me committed. It does happen. You do hit on guys.
Thi issues I have with this rebuild was the
February 8th, 2018 letter is released and then on
May 18th 2019 J.D. is hired as President and all of sudden on
June 17th, 2019 Jacob Trouba is traded to the NY Rangers for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall 2019 pick and given a huge contract, then on
July 1st, 2019 Artemi Panerin signs for 11.5 million.
I would believe a rebuild should be, draft players have some quality character veteran players on short term deals to show them the right way and let that core develop together, care for one another, stick-up for one another and then years later you can add the one or two overpaid star(s) through trade or free agency.
I wonder if things would have been different in a good way if Davidson was never hired. I’m guessing will find out in Montreal in about 4 more years.

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
So waive Carpenter & don't think twice. If Carpenter gets claimed & that's highly doubtful, we can rejoice for the cap space we might be able to accumulate.

Goodrow is clearly the favorite to move up in the lineup if there is an injury in the top 9.

Carpenter is the only other center of the 4th liners.

That’s the conundrum.

Reactions: egelband

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
One odd thing about this team is the low rate at which high end players are injured.

I think there are too many instances of players "battling through" injuries - Already this year we are at the bottom 4 of the league in Cap Hit of Injured Players (CHIP). Guys with low cap hits like Kravtsov, Blais, Chytil have missed games. But Trouba's well documented injury to this point does not place him on the sideline.
2022-23 Cap Hit of Injured Players
DYhr0dy.png

2021-22 is the same thing, even guys playing through injuries in the final days of the regular season
jy6y0cj.png

In fact the last time NYR were not bottom 4 in this metric was 2017-18 season when Shattenkirk missed half of the year.
Factors this might be attributed to but need more evidence to support:
- NYR high-cap players play through injuries more than other teams in the league
- NYR high-cap players play a safer/perimeter game
- NYR medical staff are best-in-class

It's a curious stat to be amongst the leaders in the league for this many years in.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
One odd thing about this team is the low rate at which high end players are injured.

I think there are too many instances of players "battling through" injuries - Already this year we are at the bottom 4 of the league in Cap Hit of Injured Players (CHIP). Guys with low cap hits like Kravtsov, Blais, Chytil have missed games. But Trouba's well documented injury to this point does not place him on the sideline.
DYhr0dy.png

2021-22 is the same thing, even guys playing through injuries in the final days of the regular season
jy6y0cj.png

In fact the last time NYR were not bottom 4 in this metric was 2017-18 season when Shattenkirk missed half of the year.
- NYR high-cap players play through injuries more than other teams in the league

It's a curious stat to be amongst the leaders in the league for this many years in.

Health is a skill

Reactions: bhamill

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm also holding out hope that one of Othmann or Berard or maybe somebody else sheds expectations and becomes a legit star.

All of the top contenders except for f***ing Colorado and their 19-year rebuild have had non-lottery picks become core guys.

That might sound crazy but if I told you in June of 2019 "in 720 days, they're going to be announcing that Adam Fox won the Norris," you would have me committed. It does happen. You do hit on guys.

The next guy could be Chytil. He's playing at a level that he hit in the postseason, which was something we never saw out of him, only in glimpses.

As for the guys that are in the organization and not on the team currently, those two are the top options, but I do think Trivigno could be an impact player soon enough (not a star). His speed alone will help with that and the bottom 6 could use a speed infusion with the likes of Blais, Goodrow, Carpenter, Reaves, etc. in the lineup. Building a 4th line with three of Gauthier/Trivigno/Goodrow/Blais/Vesey would make this team infinitely better.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

DYhr0dy.png

jy6y0cj.png

Lol what? Our most high end player has been comically injury prone this year, even a cavity is taking him out

On a serious note, we’ve been very lucky with injuries the past several years. I don’t get when I’ve seen fans on here make an excuse for us that we deal with so many injuries, I saw that a lot last season. It’s like some people only follow the Rangers and have no idea what’s going on around the NHL

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

DYhr0dy.png

jy6y0cj.png

One of the youngest rosters in the whole NHL. Not to jinx it but it’s really not that surprising based on this.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
this schedule sucks. that is all.
Really does.

16 back to back games for the Rangers, most in the NHL.

I get it, big part of the issue is MSG and events booked there, not to mention who are we to whine when the travel isnt as bad as 80% of the rest of the league. But you would think the NHL would rotate these types of things each year. Doesnt seem to be the case.

It is what it is. Possibly a silver lining to it all - added conditioning for when the playoffs start when back to back games are rare.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I dont.

Would expect to lose to:

Toronto
Tampa
Boston
Florida
Carolina
Colorado
Edmonton
Vegas

To helter skelter for me

No confidence
The Rangers will go as far as Igor takes them. It’s that simple. Things could be a lot worse. Sure anyone can get hot but outside of Vasilevsky; who has the advantage in net?

Rangers have work to do at the deadline for sure, but there is no reason to panic yet

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Thi issues I have with this rebuild was the
February 8th, 2018 letter is released and then on
May 18th 2019 J.D. is hired as President and all of sudden on
June 17th, 2019 Jacob Trouba is traded to the NY Rangers for Neal Pionk and the 20th overall 2019 pick and given a huge contract, then on
July 1st, 2019 Artemi Panerin signs for 11.5 million.
I would believe a rebuild should be, draft players have some quality character veteran players on short term deals to show them the right way and let that core develop together, care for one another, stick-up for one another and then years later you can add the one or two overpaid star(s) through trade or free agency.
I wonder if things would have been different in a good way if Davidson was never hired. I’m guessing will find out in Montreal in about 4 more years.
Because this franchise tries to come and go at the same time

"A rebuild isn't possible in NY"

Yeah, You know why? They send a letter saying they are rebuilding and then do what you just outlined

Building a team is NOT just about acquiring talent

There's timing involved and this org has NEVER realized that

That's why they traded Amonte and Gartner and Turcotte

Yeah it worked. FOR ONE SEASON

Guessing he will be in the lineup allowing to keep both Reaves and Carpenter out.
YAY I LOOK GOOD IN PRACTICE

OMG so pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad