Speculation: Roster Building Thread: New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
When in the Rangers history have they had more talent throughout the organization than they do now? It was before my time but I'm guessing late 80s/early 90s? If the team can navigate the cap for the next 1-2 years before it jumps, I think we are in for a long run of contention. Cant wait for them to get back on the ice, even for training camp and pre-season.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
When in the Rangers history have they had more talent throughout the organization than they do now? It was before my time but I'm guessing late 80s/early 90s? If the team can navigate the cap for the next 1-2 years before it jumps, I think we are in for a long run of contention. Cant wait for them to get back on the ice, even for training camp and pre-season.
From 91-92 to the trade deadline of 93-94, before they shipped off Gartner, Amonte, Weight, and later on Zubov. They also had Park in that time frame. Beezer and Richter. Leetch, Mess, Graves, Kovalev, Nemchinov...

They were stacked.

This current team has the potential to be one of the best in franchise history though. If Gallant doesn't completely f*** up Lafreniere, Kakko, and Kravtsov.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
From 91-92 to the trade deadline of 93-94, before they shipped off Gartner, Amonte, Weight, and later on Zubov. They also had Park in that time frame. Beezer and Richter. Leetch, Mess, Graves, Kovalev, Nemchinov...

They were stacked.

This current team has the potential to be one of the best in franchise history though. If Gallant doesn't completely f*** up Lafreniere, Kakko, and Kravtsov.

Agree with most of this, although I dont really think player development is a main goal of Gallant at this point. I think this is the year Kakko/Kravtsov need to take ownership of their own games. Lafreniere was gaining trust from the coaching staff by the end of last year; remember Gallant had him playing on Panarin's line during desperation time against Tampa. I think its also a great positive that Laffy is already skating at the team facility.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

I guess if we would've kept savard/weight/amonte/kovalev/zubov, but even then, I think this current group has a chance to be better than the best case scenario with those 90's guys.

Pops has been following the team since the late fifties and it's like he can't even comprehend how young and great we are and have the chance to be.

Whatta time to be a Rangers fan.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
This is the kind of positive, and IMO accurate, content I LOVE seeing.
This and Ed Jo's insanity.
I'm here for both.

68Forever

Sep 2, 2008
Queens, NY
I have a strange feeling Laf got some strong pointers some old man Sid this offseason, maybe watched some of his junior highlights where he can be most effective when cutting into the middle, and hopefully our lil 20 year old feels more like a man this season. At 23 he will have a totally different body so I am excited.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I have a strange feeling Laf got some strong pointers some old man Sid this offseason, maybe watched some of his junior highlights where he can be most effective when cutting into the middle, and hopefully our lil 20 year old feels more like a man this season. At 23 he will have a totally different body so I am excited.

He has a gritty edge that junior fans warned us about. He is at least involved unlike floating Kakko.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I see people talking about breakout seasons and such but imo Laf already had his, he just happened to be on the 3rd line and pp2 where he would have surely put up much bigger numbers in the top 6 and pp1 all year. Kakko and Kravtsov are the real wildcards here. People lost their shit at Kakko being scratched last year but I actually liked it for long term game, he should know during the offseason that he needs more speed now, if he hasn't worked on that then he's going to be a disappointment this year but I'm hopeful he did. The difference between him last year and what his draft position said he was is speed and thats it imo, speed opens up more scoring, more room, more time and space for him, all things he struggled with.

Im hopeful we go with a kid for the ld, Jones or Robertson and if we need someone better get him at the deadline.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
1992:

Tony Amonte
Doug Weight
Tie Domi
Adam Graves
Alex Kovalev
Sergei Zubov
Brian Leetch
Jeff Beukeboom
Mike Gartner
Mike Richter
John Vanbiesbrouck

That was just an embarrassment of riches and we didn't even know it.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I see people talking about breakout seasons and such but imo Laf already had his, he just happened to be on the 3rd line and pp2 where he would have surely put up much bigger numbers in the top 6 and pp1 all year. Kakko and Kravtsov are the real wildcards here. People lost their shit at Kakko being scratched last year but I actually liked it for long term game, he should know during the offseason that he needs more speed now, if he hasn't worked on that then he's going to be a disappointment this year but I'm hopeful he did. The difference between him last year and what his draft position said he was is speed and thats it imo, speed opens up more scoring, more room, more time and space for him, all things he struggled with.

Im hopeful we go with a kid for the ld, Jones or Robertson and if we need someone better get him at the deadline.
Laf had his breakout year despite making no plays besides the dipsy doo vs Detroit? Not cised.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad