Speculation: Roster Building Thread: New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I wish Drury waited for Horvat to be available rather than sign Trocheck long term. Horvat would be a perfect 2c for us. Canucks are aggressively shopping him.
Canucks have been "aggressively shopping" their players through the media for 2 years now. It's all bullshit. They are aggressively shopping the same way that Balenciaga aggressively advertises.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Ummmm teeth keep him outta games

I honestly thought that was a joke...

I laughed and then I found out...

Nope. It's real

R U KIDDING ME????

He's a f***ing p***y

Hockey players PLAY

Broken legs, noses and even bleeding spleens!

This kid can't brush his teeth w out missing a game

It's BEYOND PATHETIC

How do you know it’s his choice this time around?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I am rooting for Kravtsov but if he doesn’t start playing regularly and establishing himself it’s going to have been a disaster for the team. We already lost Hunt, could have lost Gauthier and now likely will risk losing another bottom six depth piece that plays with grit just to keep this guy on the roster and have him play once every three games. His inclusion on the team is legit having an impact on the identity of the team and roster. He is our toothache unless he turns a corner real fast and figures out how to stay in lineup.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Very small sample size…

Andrew Copp
28 years old
RW/C
16 GP
1 goal
6 assists
7 points
5 years at $5,625,000

Vincent Trochek
29 years old
C
17 GP
5 goals
6 assists
11 points
7 years @ $5,625,000
We knew trochek was the better player. The issue was would the 2 years be worth it at the back end. It also blocks chytil who had a massive coming out party in the playoffs and now in the regular season looks like a 2c.

Reactions: BBKers

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You know, a rebuild is not necessarily "be bad, is young."

It's a change.

We're now a team with an elite powerplay. We have like four guys who would be our most talented player during the Hank years. We've gone from a team that always lacked the gamebreaking talent to a team that's somewhat top-heavy. We have good center depth.

You can't say they haven't been successful in changing the team and the team's MO.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Trochek has been one of the few guys who has shown a willingness to get his nose dirty consistently and win puck battles. His speed and tenaciousness on the puck is something the remainder of the lineup is lacking honestly. And that goes beyond just having 11 points in 17 games. He's been the perfect fit for this lineup and moving forward, when the cap increases quickly. that $5.625m cap hit is going to look like a very good deal for a 2C

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
He should do Panarin too, he's been almost as bad as Trouba.

It's not just them, last year several players were on ice for far more goals than against 5on5 and at even, Panarin led them with Zbad, Miller, Trouba not far behind. This year it's Chytil, Fox, Kreider as the only players who are doing even somewhat well in that category.

I'm not sure where you are getting those numbers for last year. If we look at GF% at 5v5 for last year, Zibanejad and Panarin are both other 58%, and Trouba and Miller are over 56%. If we change from 5v5 to all even strength, their GF% percentages each tick up 2 or 3 points.

This year is a very different story. Zibanejad is just under 50% GF% (7 GF and 8 GA), but Panarin, Trouba, and Miller are all around 40%.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'm not sure where you are getting those numbers for last year. If we look at GF% at 5v5 for last year, Zibanejad and Panarin are both other 58%, and Trouba and Miller are over 56%. If we change from 5v5 to all even strength, their GF% percentages each tick up 2 or 3 points.

This year is a very different story. Zibanejad is just under 50% GF% (7 GF and 8 GA), but Panarin, Trouba, and Miller are all around 40%.

Maybe I wrote that poorly, I think we are saying the same thing?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The coaching staff told him “Hey we’re sitting ur teeth”?

Pathetic

p***y

I could easily see a coaching staff saying “Get this fixed now. You will be on meds that will affect your ability to play. We need you long term, not immediately.” I highly doubt Kravtsov said “I can’t play. My teeth hurt.”

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I could easily see a coaching staff saying “Get this fixed now. You will be on meds that will affect your ability to play. We need you long term, not immediately.” I highly doubt Kravtsov said “I can’t play. My teeth hurt.”

That and he may not have been 100% prior to the teeth thing and they wanted to get him time to heal all of it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The Reaves salary relief chatter has caught on quicker than I anticipated, but it might be time to cut the chord. Last year he was important on the ice and in the room but the cracks showed in the Tampa series and to start this year. 3.825 deadline cap space according to Brooksie. I think they may rip the bandaid off once they come back from out west. Float him to a rebuilding Chicago team

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The Reaves salary relief chatter has caught on quicker than I anticipated, but it might be time to cut the chord. Last year he was important on the ice and in the room but the cracks showed in the Tampa series and to start this year. 3.825 deadline cap space according to Brooksie. I think they may rip the bandaid off once they come back from out west. Float him to a rebuilding Chicago team where he can reunite with his body MAF

Fleury is in Minny right now.

If there is a team that would claim Reaves, it would be the Ducks. Rebuilding and they have a few vets, but not a ton. They poached the Rangers with Strome and Vatrano, would think they'd want another vet that has been there to help teach their young guys.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Fleury is in Minny right now.

If there is a team that would claim Reaves, it would be the Ducks. Rebuilding and they have a few vets, but not a ton. They poached the Rangers with Strome and Vatrano, would think they'd want another vet that has been there to help teach their young guys.

Hahaha whoops Ive mostly stopped watching the western conference. Ducks arent a bad spot for him either. The Rangers have just matured past the point of needing a Team Dad/Mascot. I was also really turned off by his antics in Nashville. Penalty on his first shift then waits until we're down 1 with 6 minutes to play to start running around taking liberties after Lindgren got pummeled. He was trying too hard to remain relevant

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Reaves is the obvious place to cut cap, but it's one of those things where I'll believe it when it happens. Really, the salary accrual tightrope thing was always going to be awkward even without Vitali Kravtsov stepping on rakes every week, it's a long shitty season and it's normal for guys to get banged up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad