Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I do not think Reinhart is improving. Do not think he is much better than Sven B.. Passive skilled forwards are not hard to find.

Juolevi himself is a passive 'skilled' Dman. How hard is that to find?

For Duchene: I think Juolevi is on the table as the replacement for the 1st round pick. Benning cannot give up the 1st. Too volatile in terms of placement. After that, it will be Hutton and a forward (hopefully Sutter).

Isles have a glut of forwards.When Price and Quine return from injury, it will be more crowded.
Impending ufa Chimera has been a healthy scratch because they are trying to give all the forwards icetime. Kids Beau and JHS have also been healthy scratches due to the glut.

Is 21 yr old MDC' s AHL salary breaking the isles? Just curious why they dump him for an unwanted Goldobin.

NYI probably does not do the trade. VAN fans seem reticent as well. With the way NYI is structured, I'm not sure a hockey trade is possible here.

---------------------------------------------

As an aside, Benning should have taken Sven Andrighetto off of waivers when he had the chance. Finished last year with 16 points in 11 games. Starts this year with 6 points in 8 games. Small and skilled he may be, but it would have been another free asset that could have developed here.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
As an aside, Benning should have taken Sven Andrighetto off of waivers when he had the chance. Finished last year with 16 points in 11 games. Starts this year with 6 points in 8 games. Small and skilled he may be, but it would have been another free asset that could have developed here.

tough call. andrighetto would have made the team and squeezed virtanen or boeser off to utica. or maybe we don't sign burmistrov, who i presently am digging.

i think andrighetto and boucher were a coin toss, not a "why not both?" situation.

member 290103

Anyone hear how bad Stecher injury is? Serious?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Sakic wants a roster player++ back. I doubt Juolevi alone is enough to get the deal done. Thinking Hutton + Gagner go with him. (If it goes down)

I like this excerpt from Botch:

All of this said, the Canucks have long been interested in adding a centre and the Nuge hype earlier in the month was a part of that.
Another player to watch is Sam Reinhart. Talk the Sabres would look at trading Reinhart has been a thing for a while.

"Nuge hype"... when was there hype around Nuge? Other than around this board?

Reinhart makes a lot of sense. The trick is projecting him to be a 1C. Is he tracking to be that, or have his limitations tempered his upside?

Again, Juolevi is key. He's the piece this team can deal to get offense now.

tough call. andrighetto would have made the team and squeezed virtanen or boeser off to utica. or maybe we don't sign burmistrov, who i presently am digging.

i think andrighetto and boucher were a coin toss, not a "why not both?" situation.

It's really not that "tough" a call. If Andrighetto was good enough to make the roster, he should have been picked up. That's exactly the type of asset Benning has chosen to pay for. Instead, he forgoes the opportunity for free to his own detriment. Strange, strange pro scouting.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'd give Juolevi and Baertschi for Reinhart.

We need d prospects, but the gap between Juolevi and Reinhart is big enough that I'd still do it.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'd give Juolevi and Baertschi for Reinhart.

We need d prospects, but the gap between Juolevi and Reinhart is big enough that I'd still do it.

Do you think Reinhart becomes a 1C?

On Baertschi: I agree with Botch's perspective on him: It doesn't seem like he would carry a lot of value league-wide. Probably more useful here than in trade.

I think if a Duchene trade goes down, it will be Hutton going along with Juolevi.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Do you think Reinhart becomes a 1C?

On Baertschi: I agree with Botch's perspective on him: It doesn't seem like he would carry a lot of value league-wide. Probably more useful here than in trade.

I think if a Duchene trade goes down, it will be Hutton going along with Juolevi.
I think he becomes an above average 2c, or first line winger. 50-60 point with good defense.

If the Juolevi for Duchene thing is true, I can't see them trading 2 young LDs in the same trade.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think he becomes an above average 2c, or first line winger. 50-60 point with good defense.

If the Juolevi for Duchene thing is true, I can't see them trading 2 young LDs in the same trade.

It seems outlandish to trade 2 LDs in the same trade, but VAN will not give up their pick. So Juolevi is effectively the pick equivalent in such a trade. Juolevi alone would not be enough, IMO.

Tryamkin leaving really hurt this team's bargaining position.

If Reinhart can eventually put up similar point totals to Duchene, then he should absolutely be the target over Duchene. Trick is, he may not be available as of this moment, while Duchene is...

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
It seems outlandish to trade 2 LDs in the same trade, but VAN will not give up their pick. So Juolevi is effectively the pick equivalent in such a trade. Juolevi alone would not be enough, IMO.

Tryamkin leaving really hurt this team's bargaining position.

If Reinhart can eventually put up similar point totals to Duchene, then he should absolutely be the target over Duchene. Trick is, he may not be available as of this moment, while Duchene is...
My guess is that Sakic is asking for 1st+Juolevi+1 of Hutton/Baertschi/Granlund/other lesser roster player, pick or prospect, and Benning is offering Juolevi and 2 lesser pieces, like Juolevi+Baertschi+2nd

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
My guess is that Sakic is asking for 1st+Juolevi+1 of Hutton/Baertschi/Granlund/other lesser roster player, pick or prospect, and Benning is offering Juolevi and 2 lesser pieces, like Juolevi+Baertschi+2nd

Fair. I don't think Baertschi is going anywhere though. Could Gagner move instead?

The Canucks have to consider moving him given their need for cap space and already limited forward roster spots.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Vanek is very good.
Hes pretty much displayed in this early going that he one of the most skilled players we have.

I would like to see Granlund center him... see what happens. Move Burmistrov to the wing with Sutter-Dorsett.

Gagner-Granlund-Vanek
Burmy-Sutter-Dorsett
B3
22-33-Virtanen

Burmy has the IQ to roll with em in that role.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Vanek is very good.
Hes pretty much displayed in this early going that he one of the most skilled players we have.

I would like to see Granlund center him... see what happens. Move Burmistrov to the wing with Sutter-Dorsett.

Gagner-Granlund-Vanek
Burmy-Sutter-Dorsett
B3
22-33-Virtanen

Burmy has the IQ to roll with em in that role.

What have Gagner, Granlund, Burmistrov or Sutter done to earn top 6 minutes?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You take too much meaning into the order lines are written down.

Not really. You just said Vanek has played really good and he's one of our most skilled players...

If you meant for the order to be reversed, Vanek would be on the 4th line... That would make no sense, either, because in your terms, why would you put one of our most skilled players on the 4th line with trash?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
"Nuge hype"... when was there hype around Nuge? Other than around this board?

A media person proposed Tanev for RNH again on twitter a week or two ago, and a disturbing percent of people (based on replies) still view him as a very good top 6/1st line center.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Not really. You just said Vanek has played really good and he's one of our most skilled players...

If you meant for the order to be reversed, Vanek would be on the 4th line... That would make no sense, either, because in your terms, why would you put one of our most skilled players on the 4th line with trash?

Yeah.. you do.
I simply wrote down the two lines i was a discussing and then added the two others for completion...i.e. the line order meant nothing and you put way too much meaning into the way they were written down.
Order them how you like.
It doesn't matter.

We all know by now trying label lines as 1st 2nd 3rd 4th etc is a fruitless endeavour the way our team is currently constructed..
You can discuss role.... but it doesn't always line up with the expected mins.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Montreal fans might be on suicide watch soon. I can't believe how well Sergachev is playing.

Their team could've iced sergachev, markov, and Radulov without making any moves.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
A media person proposed Tanev for RNH again on twitter a week or two ago, and a disturbing percent of people (based on replies) still view him as a very good top 6/1st line center.

Ugh.

I still wouldn't take RNH off waivers unless Edmonton picked up a big chunk of his salary. Mediocre 2nd line center who is hugely overpaid.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Ugh.

I still wouldn't take RNH off waivers unless Edmonton picked up a big chunk of his salary. Mediocre 2nd line center who is hugely overpaid.
Thats a terrible decline? I would pick him up in a heartbeat

3yrs at 6 mil with the Sedin's coming off the books and timed in such a manner that Pettersson should just be coming off his ETC?? You must be baked.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Thats a terrible decline? I would pick him up in a heartbeat

3yrs at 6 mil with the Sedin's coming off the books and timed in such a manner that Pettersson should just be coming off his ETC?? You must be baked.

He's a small, soft 40-point player making $6 million for another 4 years.

Pettersson should be our #2 center next year or 18-19 at the absolute latest, and we have Horvat signed for 6 years to fill a scoring-line center spot as well as Sutter signed for another 4 years to be the #3 center.

Why on earth would we commit $24 million to such a mediocre player given where we're at now with the center position? Oh yeah, 'pedigree'.

You can find comparable players to Nugent-Hopkins in UFA for a fraction of that price if we need a stopgap center because Pettersson stagnates.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He's a small, soft 40-point player making $6 million for another 4 years.

Pettersson should be our #2 center next year or 18-19 at the absolute latest, and we have Horvat signed for 6 years to fill a scoring-line center spot as well as Sutter signed for another 4 years to be the #3 center.

Why on earth would we commit $24 million to such a mediocre player given where we're at now with the center position? Oh yeah, 'pedigree'.

You can find comparable players to Nugent-Hopkins in UFA for a fraction of that price if we need a stopgap center because Pettersson stagnates.
Who cares if he's small and soft and he's not small? Wouldn't effective or ineffective be the deciding factor?. RNH is a skill player who has improved his 2 way game. His career average is 55pts per 82 games.

He's 24 and Pettersson is 18. sure it would be great if Elias is a 2nd line centre capable guy by 18/19 but that still doesn't preclude us from having a depth of Horvat RNH Pettersson Sutter down the middle.

It's time to move on from Henrik and i don't really see Burmistrov as a guy i would put too much stalk in becoming a reliable scorer. Especially in a larger role. I think he would flourish outside of Edmonton and in his hometown, although i agree he is overpaid he would play the next 3-4 yrs in his prime so it's not likely to be a Eriksson drop off a cliff retirement deal. We probably get some good value for it.

Where is the Pedigree thing coming from? Usually people confuse pedigree for lower level talent or status. I don't know why everyone has such a bugaboo about using it unless it's in the context of he should be good because of "pedigree" argument, which makes no sense. Every high pick ever taken pretty much has high pedigree.

Who are these comparable UFA's we can get that are young and more affordable? And to add to that who the hell bridges Pettersson to being an effective 2 way player likely in 3-4yrs. He's not gonna be a Eichel Draisaitl type where he just steps in and owns a centre ice top6 position in all likelihood. If he is it makes us a contender a centre ice which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad