Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
No idea actually, good question.

I think they'd ask for Hutton +, considering his draft ranking and that he is a 23 year old player with a 30 goal season under his belt.

He has a on-ice shooting percentage of 4.37, that means that even with that he's on pace for a 45 point season. You'd bet on him being better then that long term if we were to acquire him. Definitly think that he can potentially be a 1st liner, it's incredibly likely that he is.

Targeting him is the ultimate buy low tactic.

Would I move Hutton + for a potential 23 year old 1st liner. Absolutely.

Bni0W4W.png
Bergevin would be crucified for trading Alex Galchenyuk for any of Hutton or Sutter...They would definitely have their eyes on a very high draft pick or prospects....A rebuild/retool for the Habs is right around the corner.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Bergevin would be crucified for trading Alex Galchenyuk for any of Hutton or Sutter...They would definitely have their eyes on a very high draft pick or prospects....A rebuild/retool for the Habs is right around the corner.

Maybe, but I value Hutton much higher then most.

I'd have to think Sutter's not worth much because of the contract, making 4.5 million to play in the bottom 6 isn't really that appealing to most.
Hutton is a top 4 defenseman in my eyes, that's worth something. A 24 year old top 4 defenseman + a 2nd round pick, which would be a high 2nd is probably what I'd give up.

Honestly, other then Gallagher and Galchenyuk, I want nothing from that roster.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Maybe, but I value Hutton much higher then most.

I'd have to think Sutter's not worth much because of the contract, making 4.5 million to play in the bottom 6 isn't really that appealing to most.
Hutton is a top 4 defenseman in my eyes, that's worth something. A 24 year old top 4 defenseman + a 2nd round pick, which would be a high 2nd is probably what I'd give up.

Honestly, other then Gallagher and Galchenyuk, I want nothing from that roster.

I think you could get a return for Sutter but you have to be smart about it ie target the right GM at the right. A contending club at the deadline might just make a good offer if they are in injury problems. You'd have a hard time getting a good deal otherwise.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
At least all these injuries kill any notion of this team doing something dumb and buy at the deadline.

Full blown sell mode is what we need

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I hate to break it to you guys but Galchenyuk sucks...

There are big holes in Galchenyuk's game, but 50+ point players are seldom bad outright. We'd have to be talking a Vanek level, checked-out player. Is he that bad? Not from my viewings. Then again, Claude Julien definitely does not like AG, so...? You don't get this player cheap without red flags. All comes down to what is given up.

I think if Hutton had put up better numbers to this point, Bergevin would be tripping over himself to try and get him for what AG represents now. No question. A top4 for a plummeting asset with issues... He would be looking for which paper to sign immediately. But Hutton hasn't put up those numbers so the valuation is tricky.

Matt Sekeres once said on the radio that the Canucks would never have any interest in Reinhart based on what he has been told from some unnamed source (likely Linden) within the organization. He alluded to the fact that it was their belief that he would never operate well living here. He did not elaborate.....but based on reading others here, there is a general belief that Sekeres has a direct line to Linden.

Interesting, I remember reading a reference to this. Didn't think much of it at the time. Sure wish there was a link to that audio.

In any event, certainly puts a damper on potential Reinhart to VAN rumours.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Just saw this on the main board..hows this for a trade proposal?

"Vancouver acquires Max Pacioretty

Montreal acquires Elias Pettersson + Erik Gudbranson + 1st

Fire away....."​

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Just saw this on the main board..hows this for a trade proposal?

"Vancouver acquires Max Pacioretty

Montreal acquires Elias Pettersson + Erik Gudbranson + 1st

Fire away....."​

Burn it with fire

To add, why in the f*** would we do this?

member 290103

There are big holes in Galchenyuk's game, but 50+ point players are seldom bad outright. We'd have to be talking a Vanek level, checked-out player. Is he that bad? Not from my viewings. Then again, Claude Julien definitely does not like AG, so...? You don't get this player cheap without red flags. All comes down to what is given up.

I think if Hutton had put up better numbers to this point, Bergevin would be tripping over himself to try and get him for what AG represents now. No question. A top4 for a plummeting asset with issues... He would be looking for which paper to sign immediately. But Hutton hasn't put up those numbers so the valuation is tricky.

Interesting, I remember reading a reference to this. Didn't think much of it at the time. Sure wish there was a link to that audio.

In any event, certainly puts a damper on potential Reinhart to VAN rumours.

I wish I had a link....it was said as sort of an off the cuff type remark during one of their segments, like TMIW or whatever. I thought it was odd. Why be adverse to bringing in Reinhart but then openly pursue E. Kane? Weird.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
horvat + boeser + petersson + 1st rounder to MTL for a literal, physical sack of meat and potatoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad