May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Tanev
Del Zotto

For

Sergachev
Sustr
Girardi

I feel like that would be a solid deal for Tampa but it'd probably get shredded on the main boards :laugh:. Hedman/Tanev/Stralman instantly makes them a top 5 D corps in the league. Del Zotto is also a solid #4/5 Dman who gives Tampa another puck mover. Huge improvement over the boat anchor that is Girardi. I understand that Sergachev could potentially be better than Tanev, but it's going to take a while for him to get there and Kucherov's contract is up in two years. I say go all in.

Also, does anyone know the details on Girardi's NTC (Yzerman why)? On Capfriendly all it says is that he has one, doesn't state when it kicks in or what the limitations are.

This is so bad for the Canucks.

Gerardi is a considerable negative asset. Like really bad.

Sustr is a throw in—no value there for the Canucks.

Tanev for Sergachev straight up would be more realistic.

But even then, I'm not a huge fan of Serg, so I still wouldn't do it.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
This is so bad for the Canucks.

Gerardi is a considerable negative asset. Like really bad.

Sustr is a throw in—no value there for the Canucks.

Tanev for Sergachev straight up would be more realistic.

But even then, I'm not a huge fan of Serg, so I still wouldn't do it.
Idk if they would do a straight swap so I added those two as throw ins. I know Girardi is genuinely awful but it's only a 2 year contract so it's not a big deal for me.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Idk if they would do a straight swap so I added those two as throw ins. I know Girardi is genuinely awful but it's only a 2 year contract so it's not a big deal for me.

I'd want an add on Sergachev, personally, so taking on a horrible contract and adding MDZ really make it a no for me, dawg.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I would keep him. There are veterans that should be leaving before Baertschi leaves.

------------------------------------------

Proposal:

Galchenyuk for Sutter and Hutton.

What do people think of this?
Not realistic until we throw in some draft picks for a Benning tax. But as much as I like Hutton I think MTL laughs at this

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
I would keep him. There are veterans that should be leaving before Baertschi leaves.

------------------------------------------

Proposal:

Galchenyuk for Sutter and Hutton.

What do people think of this?

I think it is doable if the trade is Hutton and Baertschi for Galchenyuk. I think we would avoid having to add picks (with a smart GM). In a perfect world, if we could cut bait with the garbage contracts on the team, but nobody wants our trash.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I wanted to trade Baertschi to Vegas when they were setting up and then keep and protect Hansen. I think that would have been the perfect time to get value back for him.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Why is it people keep putting Tanev into trade proposles.
He is our best 50 to 60 games a year d-man.Its really,really time go move Edler tho...id even take a 2nd rnd oick for him.There is no way he is worth anymore considering his injury history,and how bad his play has dropped.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think it is doable if the trade is Hutton and Baertschi for Galchenyuk. I think we would avoid having to add picks (with a smart GM). In a perfect world, if we could cut bait with the garbage contracts on the team, but nobody wants our trash.

For me, Sutter has to be going the other way or I don't do the deal.

Not realistic until we throw in some draft picks for a Benning tax. But as much as I like Hutton I think MTL laughs at this

Yes, the limited interaction I've had with MTL fans on this has clearly relayed their distaste for Hutton as a return.

Ideally, MTL fans want to deal Galchenyuk for a you 2C, but I'm not sure that's realistic. Why does the team with a young 2C give up said player for Galchenyuk? I think there's going to be time where Claude Julien evaluates AG. If he's found wanting, then MTL will seriously start to consider a move -- one where they're trying to recoup value rather than getting the ideal return.

Again, ideally, I was hoping Eriksson would bounce back and that Benning would be able to send him back to his old coach. That doesn't seem likely at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I think Benning's top 2 trade targets are as follows:

- Top4 right shot PPQB - This is his top target. He has more than once conveyed that this type of player is in his consideration. Whether as a reclamation project or as a top draft pick. They tried to get this skill set by attempting to move Gudbranson for Demers, but that trade was blocked. I'm on the look out for candidates and rumours here.

- NHL level 2C - When they traded McCann this was going to be an issue. Recent rumour has them linked to Athanasiou. Maybe they deal Gudbranson for Henrik Borgstrom (FLA)?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Why is it people keep putting Tanev into trade proposles.
He is our best 50 to 60 games a year d-man.Its really,really time go move Edler tho...id even take a 2nd rnd oick for him.There is no way he is worth anymore considering his injury history,and how bad his play has dropped.
NTC, plus it no coincidence that as soon as Edler gets injured this team starts letting in 4 and 5 goals

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Baertschi has been terrible this year. That said, it was mentioned he is always terrible at the start of the year.
He is a notoriously slow starter...He is also a streaky scorer,goes hot and cold....I still think that he can bag 25 this year..If (big 'if') he can stay healthy.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Canucks might have a chance at free agents if they do not re-up the Sedins. I'm only referencing cap space. If so, they might attract somebody useful but will they understand? It's iffy.

Thats the problem here, Linden/Benning are still too loyal to them and work around their needs. This fan base has Sedin -fatigue now. Theyre just too slow and not entertaining to watch at all and you kinda need that to sell tickets

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Goldobin for Michael Dal Colle?

Gives NYI a RW option right now and allows VAN to convert Goldobin into maybe a better long-term asset.

Dorsett and Chimera can also be added to make it more palatable to NYI. Chimera has been scratched while healthy by Weight.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Goldobin for Michael Dal Colle?

Gives NYI a RW option right now and allows VAN to convert Goldobin into maybe a better long-term asset.

Dorsett and Chimera can also be added to make it more palatable to NYI. Chimera has been scratched while healthy by Weight.
Granlund for Dal Colle.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Goldobin is the better asset imo

Rather keep Goldy

Really? Interesting. Goldobin has been a top end player in the AHL and MDC has to get prove that he can be as well, but I feel that MDC will have an easier time transitioning to the NHL based on his IQ.

Granlund for Dal Colle.

Unlikely to happen, but an intriguing idea.
It's a trade made for potential upside. Of course, if Benning could get MDC by 'cheaper' means, that would be preferred.

MDC should be the next roll of the dice target for this regime. He fits the profile of what they would want.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Really? Interesting. Goldobin has been a top end player in the AHL and MDC has to get prove that he can be as well, but I feel that MDC will have an easier time transitioning to the NHL based on his IQ.

Unlikely to happen, but an intriguing idea.
It's a trade made for potential upside. Of course, if Benning could get MDC by 'cheaper' means, that would be preferred.

MDC should be the next roll of the dice target for this regime. He fits the profile of what they would want.
I personally think that if management is going to continue to put a priority on acquiring developing prospects rather than draft picks, they should target offensive defensemen.

And not the Stralman, Lindholm, Brodie type, but the pure pp qb's in the Faulk, Vatanen, Shattenkirk mould.

I'd love for us to trade Vanek, Baertschi, or Granlund for a guy like Meloche or Guhle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad