Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I personally think that if management is going to continue to put a priority on acquiring developing prospects rather than draft picks, they should target offensive defensemen.

And not the Stralman, Lindholm, Brodie type, but the pure pp qb's in the Faulk, Vatanen, Shattenkirk mould.

I'd love for us to trade Vanek, Baertschi, or Granlund for a guy like Meloche or Guhle.

I generally agree. I've made a similar point about Binning's #1 target being a right shot PPQB. They are just very difficult to acquire.

The MDC suggestion was made to isolate a high pedigree prospect that is quickly falling out of favour with his current organization. That fits Benning's plan to the letter. That's already what he's been doing.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I generally agree. I've made a similar point about Binning's #1 target being a right shot PPQB. They are just very difficult to acquire.

The MDC suggestion was made to isolate a high pedigree prospect that is quickly falling out of favour with his current organization. That fits Benning's plan to the letter. That's already what he's been doing.

Yes but he is stupid and what he's been doing is dumb.

Reactions: vancityluongo

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015

Is Dal Cole the kid that said he hated the Canucks when he was interviewed in his draft year?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Goldobin for Michael Dal Colle?

Gives NYI a RW option right now and allows VAN to convert Goldobin into maybe a better long-term asset.

Dorsett and Chimera can also be added to make it more palatable to NYI. Chimera has been scratched while healthy by Weight.

Dal Colle is a dud. Goldobin is a better asset/prospect right now.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Dal Colle is a dud. Goldobin is a better asset/prospect right now.

MDC may turn out to be a "dud", and so may Goldobin. I am banking on MDC's intelligence to have him at least carve out a bottom 6 NHL career. Still very uncertain Goldobin locks into an NHL top6 spot.

On another note: What do people think about a Juolevi for Sam Reinhart swap?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
MDC may turn out to be a "dud", and so may Goldobin. I am banking on MDC's intelligence to have him at least carve out a bottom 6 NHL career. Still very uncertain Goldobin locks into an NHL top6 spot.

Yes to OJ for Reinhart! Wish it would be that easy

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012

I'd do it.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
If we knew their future outcome is
Ok, let's suppose that Juolevi becomes a top pairing Dman and Reinhart is a 1st/2nd line tweener RWer. Still do it?

What if the trade has to be Tryamkin + Juolevi? Still a yes?

I would do Juolevi for Reinhart straight up, but ultimate upside for SR is not as clear anymore.
If there was a 100% chance of Juolevi being top pairing, then no. However, I see Reinhart reaching closer to his ceiling compared to Juolevi as Reinhart has progressed well since being drafted.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Big rumor going around right now.

Benning going after duchene, avs looking at juolevi.

I would do it in a heartbeat

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Would be an absolute disaster giving up on Juolevi this early. The last thing we need is him reaching his potential on a different team. Let alone all the other pieces Sakic would want in a deal.

Duchene makes absolutely zero sense for this team. A team like CBJ who needs that one last piece should be going after him.

Dim Jim getting desperate is a very scary thing.

Good news is it came out of Kypreos mouth and it seems like he was just speculating. Guy is not a reliable source at all.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
owner/management really pushing for playoffs if they giving up on juolevi this early for a near 27 yr old duchene. He is good but they should be building the new core around boeser and pettersson's age group

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It should also be noted that the deal mentioned on CBC wasn't Juolevi for Duchene. It was Juolevi, a #1 pick, and a roster player.

If we traded a recent top-5 pick plus another lottery pick for Duchene, missed the playoffs with him twice, and then lost him to free agency in 2019, that would have the potential to go down as one of the worst trades in recent NHL history.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Whenever I hear the HNIC guys or other national media speculate about a big Canucks trade I have to laugh. They don't seem to realize that Jim Benning straight up does not possess the basic competency required to swing a big deal with a bunch of moving parts. Especially if he's competing against other GMs. It'll never happen.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Goldobin for Michael Dal Colle?

Gives NYI a RW option right now and allows VAN to convert Goldobin into maybe a better long-term asset.

Dorsett and Chimera can also be added to make it more palatable to NYI. Chimera has been scratched while healthy by Weight.
Isles have a glut of forwards.When Price and Quine return from injury, it will be more crowded.
Impending ufa Chimera has been a healthy scratch because they are trying to give all the forwards icetime. Kids Beau and JHS have also been healthy scratches due to the glut.

Is 21 yr old MDC' s AHL salary breaking the isles? Just curious why they dump him for an unwanted Goldobin.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I at least hope the "roster player" in any Duchene deal is Loui Eriksson.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Would be brutal to acquire Duchene. Which means he prob will. Look for a 2nd to be added by dim Jim at minimum

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I do not think Reinhart is improving. Do not think he is much better than Sven B.. Passive skilled forwards are not hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad