Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Hutton or Edler gonna get traded, I did the calculations in my head already it's a 100% certainty.

MDZ signed for 3 seasons @ 3m, Edler, Hutton, MDZ signed for long term. Pouloit needs playing time. LHD wise then need to free up a spot for him if he's being considered for long term.

This Pouloit trade opens us up for a Hutton/Edler trade.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
How many draft picks could we get for the following crap:

Gudbranson
Vanek
Gagner
Burmistrov
Nilsson
Sutter
Del Zotto
Dorsett
Wiercioch
Holm
Megna
Chaput
Boucher

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Gudbranson - 2nd
Vanek - 3rd
Gagner - 3rd
Burmistrov -5th
Nilsson - 5th
Sutter - 3rd
Del Zotto - 4th
Dorsett - FC
Wiercioch - FC
Holm - FC
Megna - FC
Chaput - FC
Boucher - FC
You really think we could get a 3rd for sutter with that contract? I'd be ecstatic with future considerations.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Friedman's 30 thoughts
8. And then there was one. With Josh Anderson joining Columbus, Andreas Athanasiou remains the only unsigned player. From the beginning, people who know him said he would be the most dug-in of all, and that’s proven to be true. When it reaches this point, you wonder if there’s something besides financials affecting his decision, maybe usage or role. I think there are other teams interested (personal guesses include St. Louis and Vancouver), but I’m guessing they wait to see if Detroit will consider a trade rather than trying an offer sheet.

RIP Hutton

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Look at what Hanzel got, 1st, 2nd. You can dump him to some dumb team that thinks he's a good 2-way player for the future.

Hanzal cost like 800k less and was on an expiring contract. Convincing a team that they want Sutter for a couple months is a whole different ballgame than convincing them that they want to pay him 4.375 for another three years.

Also Sutter has a full NTC so the receiving team would feel that they have tons of leverage in context of the deadline where there's so little time for going back and forth with the player about various options.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Hanzal cost like 800k less and was on an expiring contract. Convincing a team that they want Sutter for a couple months is a whole different ballgame than convincing them that they want to pay him 4.375 for another three years.

Also Sutter has a full NTC so the receiving team would feel that they have tons of leverage in context of the deadline where there's so little time for going back and forth with the player about various options.
3rd vs a 1st and 2nd.

I didnt say sutter would get a similar return

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Hutton or Edler gonna get traded, I did the calculations in my head already it's a 100% certainty.

MDZ signed for 3 seasons @ 3m, Edler, Hutton, MDZ signed for long term. Pouloit needs playing time. LHD wise then need to free up a spot for him if he's being considered for long term.

This Pouloit trade opens us up for a Hutton/Edler trade.
This is my fear too, they've been trying to trade Hutton since before last year started

Reactions: WTG

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
No doubt Canucks are shopping. This team still has questionable utility.

I think it is too early to suggest any moves on defense. Canucks do not have depth on defense and can barely force a top six. One injury can compromise the entire unit, forcing the goaltending onto another plane. Think about that. Canucks do not have a steady veteran in net any more. They only have a few on defense.

As the season gets above ten games played some forwards will be on the outs. Canucks must be terrified of this! Watching teams whiz by pylons is only fun if it's somebody else's team. Slowpokes might be marketed to Eastern teams and garner some return. Dumping them is more useful than spending a defenseman they can't afford. Also, it is my estimation that Canucks will be in desperate need by then and may have to pay premium prices. This can't really be avoided. Lots of teams will be exposed and have to make fixes. Canucks may need to assemble a package. The cost for a new starter, for example, might be a speedy kid, a top four defenseman and an early pick. Or, suppose they want more scoring. A young fast skater will cost. They will know by then, that adding an older player is no help at all in this environment.

Canucks are still living in denial. This will certainly be demonstrated to them. Past errors are going to compound, again. They aren't built to the current standards, at all.

Bully for them, staying active and trying to refloat the Titanic. They should be throwing the elderly passengers off. It's an ugly analogy but guys like Eriksson and his fourteen goals do not qualify as crew. There are hallowed saints that cannot be questioned (it's a sin!) so the iceberg is lurking. Imagine a Canucks team with a Sedin third line, then build to suit.

Fan 4 Life

Dec 26, 2007
Airdrie AB
Just curious how you guys have felt about Del Zotto. I see a lot of people pairing him with Tanev, is this because he has shown well through camp or does he need some protection? I hope he bounces back with you guys.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Just curious how you guys have felt about Del Zotto. I see a lot of people pairing him with Tanev, is this because he has shown well through camp or does he need some protection? I hope he bounces back with you guys.

I have been pretty happy with his play. He sometimes does some weird things with the puck but he is definitely gifted with the offensive side. To early to give much more on him, seems to be gelling with the team pretty good however.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
For the D I'd like to see:

Hutton - Tanev
Edler - Stecher
Del Zotto - Gudbranson

I like that we have mobility on every pairing. We know Edler-Stecher worked last year and if Hutton takes another step then that pairing could be smooth as silk. Del Zotto and Gudbranson is an unknown but as the 3rd pairing we would have the luxury of not needing them to be really good together. In theory, though, they could work off each other nicely.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm pretty amazed Del Zotto is on this team. How did he fall to us at 3 million? This guy is a 5 million top four on a playoff team defenseman. The more I watch him, the more I'm impressed with him.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
I know too early, but f*** it

Kane + Tavares become avaliable

Kane Tavares Boeser (assuming he does really well for the rest of the season)
Gagner Horvat Virtenan (same as boeser)
Granlund Sutter Eriksson (shut down line)
??? ??? ???

what do y'all think? definitely playoff contenders i'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad