GDT: Release the Andersson! Flames vs. Wings 11/9/2017, 7:00 PM MT

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I went all in on the following games against the Flames and we won.

7LoLhp9.jpg

I forgot to bet on the Canucks game and we lost.

All in on the Wings!

I'm never going to bet on the Flames again this season :laugh:

When Gio said he felt they'd be scoring 5 or 6 soon, I thought he was out of his mind

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Good win. Nice to see some offense spread around. Jagr getting his first in a Flames jersey. Legend! Awesome to see that. Flames have played well more often than not as of late, so that's something.

Reactions: Pomee

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Big night tonight.

Janko and Jagr both had their first goals as a Flame, Johnny with a 3-point night (2G, 1A), Johnny and Mony extend their point streaks to 6 games, and Ferland's got a 3-game goal/point streak.

A bunch of players had two point nights too:
Jagr
Backlund
Monahan
Kulak

Bennett also got his first point of the season :laugh:

Reactions: Pomee

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
is it just me or does jagr just look so sad every time the camera is on him lol, outside of the goal ofc

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Feels good seeing Ferland hitting his stride and felling on the top line. Most of us have seen the skill and just wanted the confidence to go with it and now we’re seeing it. Also feels good to see him show the doubters (MM) wrong.

Personally, I wish he’d hit more but if it meant sacrificing the offense I guess I can live without it.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Ferland is starting to look like a legit top 6 forward

I remember when people were criticizing Bob Hartley about playing Ferland up the lineup and Bob said that Ferland had All Star upside.
He's played like an All-Star after a bit of a slow start. 2nd best player on that line the last six games or so, absolutely dominant.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Feels good seeing Ferland hitting his stride and felling on the top line. Most of us have seen the skill and just wanted the confidence to go with it and now we’re seeing it. Also feels good to see him show the doubters (MM) wrong.

Personally, I wish he’d hit more but if it meant sacrificing the offense I guess I can live without it.

Can he do it for 20 games?

Cause we have seen that movie before

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He’s doing the thing. His struggle has always been to keep doing it. Lets hope he does this time.

When did Ferland stop doing it? A few games to start this year, as if he's the only player to ever have a slow start after months away from the sport?

Ferland was our most consistent forward last season even if you want to push a narritive otherwise. He was making Stajan, Chiasson, Bouma, Freddie Hamilton, Hathaway all look good, had a better power play point rate than the likes of Frolik and Brouwer, and the n produced at a nearly 30 goal rate when bumped up the lineup. Only people who confuse inconsistent ice time with inconsistent play, or who place false expectations ("Ferland needs to stop dangling he should dump the puck and hit" or "Ferland needs to hit when he is on the top line") think otherwise. There is a reason BT never went looking for a winger to replace him, and why Jagr expected to play on Bennett's line from day one.

Reactions: Calgareee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad