GOALTENDER
Mike Smith

excited.gif

Go team. Do the thing.

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Watch Rasmus play great all game, but make one mistake and get benched and then scratched next game.

Not sure how it took 1.2 years for our dimwit coach to see what a useless piece of excrement Bart is at playing hockey.

I expect Monahan and Gaudreau to get another couple points each. Also, Tkachuk.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Watch Rasmus play great all game, but make one mistake and get benched and then scratched next game.

Not sure how it took 1.2 years for our dimwit coach to see what a useless piece of excrement Bart is at playing hockey.

I expect Monahan and Gaudreau to get another couple points each. Also, Tkachuk.

Not sure where you get 1.2 years from, considering we only signed Bartowski in February.

Unless you are counting time in Vancouver anyways, at which point the number is still wrong.

While I'm not a fan of everything Gulutzan has done and probably will do, the sheer vitriol against him has become hyperbolic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Patience my friend, even Stajan's pressbox immunity finally wore off.

And not that I'm eager to defend Versteeg's play, but considering we are struggling to score, scratching one of the few proven scorers in our bottom six is a not necessarily a slam dunk decision, or ignoring that he does help us if we go to the shootout, which is more likely to happen in low scoring games.

This post is purely to play devils advocate. I'm not happy with Versteeg either. But I'm also not 100% sure what the replacement for him is. Mangipane looks great in the AHL, but is he physically mature enough yet? Training camp indicated no to me personally.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Meh. Players are playing better. Results will follow. Gotta stop reacting to each game like it's defining the entire season.

Realistic scenario: one of these next few games, Bennett gets two points. Panic stops immediately.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Meh. Players are playing better. Results will follow. Gotta stop reacting to each game like it's defining the entire season.

Realistic scenario: one of these next few games, Bennett gets two points. Panic stops immediately.

Why would that stop the panic? 2 points in 16 games is hardly comforting. If he's able to string together more than 2 games in a row without a bad penalty, and put up points consecutively you might see some of us calm down. As of now that just seems impossible.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Why would that stop the panic? 2 points in 16 games is hardly comforting. If he's able to string together more than 2 games in a row without a bad penalty, and put up points consecutively you might see some of us calm down. As of now that just seems impossible.
I'm telling you. If Bennett puts up 2 points in a game, there will be a temporary reprieve. The panic will be subdued. I'm not saying people wouldn't still be wary of him as a player long-term, I'm just saying the outward whining would be abated.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Let's win.

Let’s.
happy to see my boy Rasmus in the lineup. Love that guy. I really think he has top 4 NHL upside, and this is his start.

It’ll go a long way showing he belongs in the league tonight, and also stop the coach from spotting in Bart.

Still think there’s some gaps in the team, but it’s slowly getting to where it needs to be.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Rasmust win game.

Smith is due for a bounce back. Doesn't seem the type to go into an extended funk like Elliott.

For the love of christ can the bottom 6 score a goal?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I haven't made any pre-game predictions this season.

Gonna break that today.

Flames 6
Red Wings 2

Bennett - 2G 3a
Jankowski - 3G 1a
Jagr - 3 A
Gaudreau 1G
Ferland 1A
Brodie 2A
Kulak 1A

Smith 25/27

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Smith is on track for a 75 game season. Time for Lack to get some games in soon

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
All I hope to see tonight is Jags slapping some guys behind to get up the ice faster cuz he’s out of gas.

Go stick puck.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
While I'm not a fan of everything Gulutzan has done and probably will do, the sheer vitriol against him has become hyperbolic.

No it hasn't, he deserves all the crap that has been spewed his way. He's awful. There are no positives to Gulutzan's coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad