Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
RIP Stanley Cup 2009.

Please, no, my emotions.

AsyvSQm.gif

Overclass*

my target, my #1 target, would be yandle.

I would offer
jurco or pulkinnen
smith
mckee(or equivalent depth college level prospect)
2016 1st rd pick

to me that is a heck of an offer and likely one good enough to get it done(its same sort of offer as bobby ryan, spezza, keslers, etc)

I wouldn't trade our first for Yandle, our front office seems to be in agreement with the concencous that this is a "can't miss" draft. I do think Value is similar though. Here's what I'd offer

Smith
Pulkkinen
A. Holmstrom/Sproul/Backman
1st 2017

Maybe would have to add but I think that's a decent amount. Maybe throw in Kindl for free if he somehow isn't negative value.

Edit: I'm dumb as rocks when drinking. I thought 2017 was next year LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't trade our first for Yandle, our front office seems to be in agreement with the concencous that this is a "can't miss" draft. I do think Value is similar though. Here's what I'd offer

Smith
Pulkkinen
1st 2017

Maybe would have to add but I think that's a decent amount. Maybe throw in Kindl for free if he somehow isn't negative value.

Every draft class gets hyped as a total gold mine. At some point we need to realize the logjam of talent we already have drafted is already going to have a tough time cracking the NHL roster. Holland should have an idea of who he thinks will make it and who won't. From that point, start shedding those players and gain some instant upgrades.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Jurco
Smith
Backman
2015 1st

When trading for Yandle, a 2016 1st isn't going to work. They have new ownership, they are going to want something thats more immediate than a draft pick a year away. Also, they will want someone at least in the NHL-Jurco and Smith. Backman is nice if they like him.

They'd probably want more honestly.

Honestly, I think the 2016 1st would be a better gamble for new ownership in ARZ. The 2015 1st is going to be low - probably in the 20s, and likely could be late 20s. Sure, ARZ can get a player out of it, but the Wings are two injuries away from being a bad team next year, and with our aging core that isn't out of the world to believe. 2016 is Auston Matthews - Arizona homegrown. The more chances at the lottery ARZ has in 2016 the better. I could see the Wings taking a step back next year if Z or Dats, or both, get injured for a significant portion of time. Package Jurco and/or Pulks + some young D talent with that pick.

That said, we likely have NO shot at Yandle.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Smith
Pulkkinen
1st 2017

Not the NBA, NHL teams don't make trades with significant assets where a pick isn't coming in the next two years. Really for the big ones a sticking point is that actual season and you can expect it to be with Arizona.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At some point, the Wings are going to have to trade a strong prospect. There's just too many knocking at the door to keep them all, unless the plan is to run an all under 25 team, yikes.

After this season, Cleary is gone and replaced by Pulkkinen.

Also Franzen's career is in jeopardy, which could open a spot for Mantha.

I think Andersson will be re-signed. he is a great cheap depth forward for 13th-14th role.

After season 2015-16, all of Abdelkader, helm, Miller will be UFA's. I'm not sure everybody will be re-signed, I think at least Miller is let walk. That opens a spot for a guy like Ferraro/Callahan.

Also, expansion draft could be coming, we would lose one guy there. It opens a spot for a guy like Athanasiou. After 3 seasons, Weiss is let walk and that opens a spot for Larkin etc.

There will be open spots and having a luxury of great kids is nothing but a great problem.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Oh the fact that he was clutch against Detroit?

It was a suggestion. Many people hated getting Chelios. I hated getting Chelios.

Better to have him than play against him.

Exactly, if we somehow managed to snag Talbot and get rid of Andersson I would do that in a heartbeat, though it seems really unlikely.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Oh the fact that he was clutch against Detroit?

It was a suggestion. Many people hated getting Chelios. I hated getting Chelios.

Better to have him than play against him.

So because he scored two clutch goals in a game 7 six years ago Detroit should acquire him? ok....

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Exactly, if we somehow managed to snag Talbot and get rid of Andersson I would do that in a heartbeat, though it seems really unlikely.
I haven't seen much of Talbot this season but my question is can he still skate? His speed and tenacity made him such a pain, and if he's lost some of that speed due to the hard minutes he's logged (like Cleary) he's not much of an upgrade over Andy. If he can still skate I'd do it without blinking.

jka*

Thinks Zetterberg for Green in Capitals.

Ericsson - Green
Kronwall - Kindl
Quincey - DeKeyser

This would be nice.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Yes. Wings should trade the captain for a rental. No way that has locker room consequences. :sarcasm:

Make it so Kenny.

jka*

Yes. Plus one swede more like "The Monster" away from Red Wings. Maybe back to Sweden for SHL newest team next season MIF, KHK, Västerås or old team HV71 there he weres before if I known rights. MIF have one big sponsor with big money so they can hit Gustavsson back to SHL if MIF go upod again after 8 season's in H-A. 9 seasons next year of last season in old Elitserien. Elitserien change name to SHL for 2 season's back. After 2012 changes name.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
I will this formation in defensive. Great's D-men. :win:

...at the expense of everything else. Trading a former conn smythe trophy winning captain for a rental Dman would likely blow the team to bits and get KH lynched by an angry mob.

Z retires a Wing.

jka*

I will better D-men to Wings.

Z:et have plays long time in Detroit and enough nowadays.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Thinks Zetterberg for Green in Capitals.

Ericsson - Green
Kronwall - Kindl
Quincey - DeKeyser

This would be nice.

That would be awful.

You made the defense WORSE than it is now and in this situation, you're also minus Henrik Zetterberg.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

That Kronwall-Kindl pairing would be a dumpster fire and waste the best defenseman that the Wings have... you know, unless you're up for trading Kronwall away for David Clarkson. I think that would add some needed grit to our roster.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Smith
Pulkkinen
1st 2017

Edit: I'm dumb as rocks when drinking. I thought 2017 was next year LMAO

This thinking blows my mind. Yandle is and will continue to be a 50-60 point d-man. Do you really think a guy we are going to draft in the 16-24 range has a chance to be that level of point producer?

If you look at past drafts it is highly unlikely. The only way you get a proven, high level guy in his prime is to get the other team to believe they will draft a special snowflake with that late first draft pick. The Wings have proven their draft strategy of 2nd-4th round picks who are allowed to slowly develop works just fine.

Athanasiou 4th rounder
Jurco, Ouellet, Sproul 2nd rounders
Jarnkrok 2nd rounder
Pulkkinen 4th rounder
Mrazek 5th rounder
Tatar 2nd rounder
Nyquist 4th rounder
Andersson 3rd rounder
Abdelkader 2nd rounder
Helm 5th rounder
Franzen 3rd rounder
Howard 2nd rounder
Hudler, Fleishchmann 2nd
Filppula 3rd

The idea you build a team around late 1st round picks just isn't supported by the Red Wings draft history. It's the 2-4th rounds where the bulk of the team has been built. Detroit has a 20 year track record where about 50% of first round picks are flat out busts. The idea you are going to get a player better than Yandle is in no way supported by draft history. This is why I cannot understand why people constantly overvlaue a 1st round draft pick over a very good NHL player in his prime. It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad