Red Wings at the Deadline III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Petry is a fringe 2nd line defender. GO!

I'm just kidding, sort of, mostly. I'd be fine with him coming in, I suppose, mostly because TZE has made such a strong case. :nod:

sure so long as sproul or AA or pulks or ouellet or mantha or mrazek or larkin or nosek or a 1st rd pick are not going the other way

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
At some point, the Wings are going to have to trade a strong prospect. There's just too many knocking at the door to keep them all, unless the plan is to run an all under 25 team, yikes.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
At some point, the Wings are going to have to trade a strong prospect. There's just too many knocking at the door to keep them all, unless the plan is to run and all under 25 team, yikes.

absolutely but dont just throw them into the garbage for the sake of making a trade

and dumping one for a very average depth ufa dman is the very definition of throwing prospects away

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
absolutely but dont just throw them into the garbage for the sake of making a trade

and dumping one for a very average depth ufa dman is the very definition of throwing prospects away

Sure, sure.

But few of the prospects will amount to much more than an "average depth defender" so it's hard to expect the moon.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

I raise my glass of 12 yr scotch to you sir. The refuse pile of adds isn't worth it.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Sure, sure.

But few of the prospects will amount to much more than an "average depth defender" so it's hard to expect the moon.

guys like jeff petry are dime a dozen players

maybe our prospects wont amount to much more then jeff petry but why decide that before giving them a chance?

i can certainly get behind the idea of trading prospects to free up the logjam but lets do so for am actual long term upgrade(even if it costs more)

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
guys like jeff petry are dime a dozen players

maybe our prospects wont amount to much more then jeff petry but why decide that before giving them a chance?

i can certainly get behind the idea of trading prospects to free up the logjam but lets do so for am actual long term upgrade(even if it costs more)

So who would you move?

I agree there is a log-jam, and a 3-1 deal would be nice, but most teams won't do something like that.

Maybe a 3-1 for a 1st kinda deal, but most teams aren't in the business of dealing a long term signed player for prospects.

EDIT: Also, name some targets you like. (Not intending to argue, just discuss)

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
So who would you move?

I agree there is a log-jam, and a 3-1 deal would be nice, but most teams won't do something like that.

Maybe a 3-1 for a 1st kinda deal, but most teams aren't in the business of dealing a long term signed player for prospects.

EDIT: Also, name some targets you like. (Not intending to argue, just discuss)

my target, my #1 target, would be yandle.

I would offer
jurco or pulkinnen
smith
mckee(or equivalent depth college level prospect)
2016 1st rd pick

to me that is a heck of an offer and likely one good enough to get it done(its same sort of offer as bobby ryan, spezza, keslers, etc)

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007

I would offer
jurco or pulkinnen
smith
2016 1st rd pick

to me that is a heck of an offer and likely one good enough to get it done(its same sort of offer as bobby ryan, spezza, keslers, etc)

Sounds good only if he re-sign with us after the contract runs out(I know it's against the rules but have to figure it out somehow). If not that's a lot for 1 and 1/4 years of hockey.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Sounds good only if he re-sign with us after the contract runs out(I know it's against the rules but have to figure it out somehow). If not that's a lot for 1 and 1/4 years of hockey.

its a pretty stnd offer(ryan and spezza were also upcoming ufa's) and it does not cripple us whatsoever

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
hahaha i agree i just like him

I know the feeling, I like Jensen an incredible amount. Still is movable, I just hope he makes it through the process and is a Wings player soon.

Tvrdon is another lower-tier player I really like an absolute ton.

Nosek is a smart player and probably could play a little in the NHL and not look terrible.

It would be interesting with the way the Oilers struggle and want guys they can play right away instead of maybe just picks (at least that is one of the rumors on Petry) if they would take a Nosek and Jensen or something along those lines, they could push into their lineup almost instantly.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know the feeling, I like Jensen an incredible amount. Still is movable, I just hope he makes it through the process and is a Wings player soon.

Totally forgot Jensen shoots right, as well. Along with Sproul.

If Marchenko is going to be a future cog, it's not inconceivable the right handed dilemma could be fixed internally. Go all in on Mike Green and let these guys fill out the last spots.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm all aboard the Yandle express, trade Quincey/Smith over the summer for a pick, and I'm happy.

Kronwall, Yandle, Dekeyser, Quincey/Smith, Ericsson, Ouelett/Marchenko/Sproul/Jensen. Leggo.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

I would offer
jurco or pulkinnen
smith
2016 1st rd pick

Jurco
Smith
Backman
2015 1st

When trading for Yandle, a 2016 1st isn't going to work. They have new ownership, they are going to want something thats more immediate than a draft pick a year away. Also, they will want someone at least in the NHL-Jurco and Smith. Backman is nice if they like him.

They'd probably want more honestly.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Totally forgot Jensen shoots right, as well. Along with Sproul.

If Marchenko is going to be a future cog, it's not inconceivable the right handed dilemma could be fixed internally. Go all in on Mike Green and let these guys fill out the last spots.

I'll be upset if Jensen isn't slotted as the 7th dman next year.

He has the talent, and the handedness Detroit needs.

I think he might even be a PP option, ran it in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad