Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
During tonight’s Raw, a commercial aired locally in Honolulu announcing that Brock Lesnar’s opponent at the live event taking place on June 29th at the Neal Blaisdell Arena will be Kevin Owens.

The commercial also included the announcement of John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the first time ever.

Link

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
During tonight’s Raw, a commercial aired locally in Honolulu announcing that Brock Lesnar’s opponent at the live event taking place on June 29th at the Neal Blaisdell Arena will be Kevin Owens.

The commercial also included the announcement of John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the first time ever.

Link
Some rando house show already got a better card than Mania.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The card is stacked, but it's the tour that's going to Japan. They're doing Hawaii first, then doing two shows in Japan. So it's a bigger house show than normal anyway. Not sure if Lesnar is going to Japan mind.

When they announced the Japan dates, I suspected that there was going to be a Network Special from there, but I've no seen anything announcing it as one yet.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This Hawaii show might be a Network special called "Bash at the Beach".

Lesnar/Owens
Cena/Nakamura
Asuka/Charlotte

I don't know what site that post is from, but I hope it's legit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It hadn't even occurred to me that WWE never goes to Hawaii.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It will be on the network. You don't put a card like that together and not air it.

Most definitely one of the first steps to introducing Nakamura to main roster viewers.

Could be a push for KO as well if they don't book it as a squash. He won't go over but make it a near even fight and KO will be better for it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
But he did Roadblock which was on that same trip.

They seem to book these network specials around Brock appearances. The MSG special went on the network because of him as well.

He's worked Sheamus, Del Rio and Harper at house shows and only one came on the same weekend of a network special.

He may have also worked Rusev earlier in the year too, and that wasn't on a network special weekend either.

EDIT: Yes, he did work Rusev. So he's worked four live events this year and only one came on the same weekend as a network special.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
(Just want to note that in Lesnar's contract he does have a number of house shows that he needs to do. It doesn't cost the WWE anything to use him as they're already paying him for them, they're not wasting TV dates or anything by doing these shows.)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Big Dave saying Brock vs KO is not happening. Brock isn't due back until August

Also that Nakamura will wrestle someone on the main roster, he didn't name Cena (he mentioned maybe Jerhico for the Japan shows).

Also no plans for the network which makes sense with no Brock and potentially no Cena.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You say that as if a couple of house shows in Japan have any meaning at all. More interesting things can happen later, this isn't a call up or anything. Anyway, the match is Nakamura vs Bray. Which is awesome.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well it was mentioned that it is possible a show on this tour becomes a network special like Beast in the East.

Just nothing confirmed at the moment outside of no Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad