Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 6 - HIBERNATION BEGINS - Florida wins series 4-2

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Kid gets so much hate on this board, but he works his ass off, and plays hard. He had a monster game tonight. this story reminds me of when he finished a game and scored the game winner with a fracture in his leg

He's a big game player for sure, just frustrating to watch during regular season at times but this could certainly explain it.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
There's something about the Panthers. I don't like them, but I respect them. I hope we have a killer offseason and we play them again next year. I want to beat them badly.

A lot can happen in a year though. Need a strong offseason first.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
As much as the lineup will look different next year, our playoff lineup was quite different than the start of our year. We were 13-1-4 to start the year, and many of these players didn’t even really play in the playoffs. And many were on the best record in NHL history team. So, until the new “team” wins anything at all, other than beating the leafs, I’m not holding my breath for next year.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Marner is soft as butter and totally disappeared in the playoffs. While you can say Pastrnak didn't perform in the playoffs either, Marner plays with better linemates and is still a soft player. Pastrnak played with a 4th line center and Zacha who disappeared in the playoffs.

Marner would tuck his mits between his legs if Tkachuk challenged him to a fight. Pastrnak has more leadership qualities than Marner.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Considering we lost Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, Orlov, and Bertuzzi and replaced them all with lesser tier players, our "league worst" prospect pool had Lohrei, Beecher, Poitras, and Brazeau show they are NHL level talent, Swayman showing he is capable of being a top 5 goalie in the league, and us making Toronto collapse and choke again in an epic game 7, and not rolling over and dying down 3-1 to Florida who was a mjch better team I consider this season an A-. Sad ending but not disappointed in this team overall
Some guys got some much needed playoff experience too. This year will only make us stronger in the long run, it’s a very different feeling than last season imo

They just need a guy or two to take all that extra attention off of Pasta, that’s priority 1

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So what we learned Sway is legit. Mason is going to be a big Part of this team Defense. Peeke and Wotherspoon are solid bottom paring Defenseman. Danton proved to a valuable Chess piece. Justin Bressau earns a spot on the 4th line.

How many playoffs does Heinen need to disappear from, before people believe that he’s not a guy you can count on?

There is no reason why he should be back, assuming they don’t entirely screw up this summer.

Ahead of him among forwards.

UFA
UFA
Pasta
Zacha
Marchand
Geekie
Frederic
Coyle
Poitras
JDB/Replacement
Brazeau (better value)

There is no need to waste a spot on him.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
My only worry with that is what happens if he doesn’t cut it?

I really think they need to get 2 centers and allow Coyle to move to 3C and Zacha to 1LW.

Perfect world, for me. Lindholm and Stephenson.

Zaxha Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Stephenson JDB
Frederic Coyle Geekie

Unlikely, I know.
I think Poitras can be the fall back, plus they have Freddy and Geekie who can play C. I like the thinking just don't want to block anyone and I am kind of sick of the piece together teams and would like to start getting some of these higher O side kids groomed for the big time

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
There's something about the Panthers. I don't like them, but I respect them. I hope we have a killer offseason and we play them again next year. I want to beat them badly.

I'm worried about the leafs . They a pissed off organization. I wanna stay clear away from them. Maybe they play Tampa and get bounced.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
The team played hard, just didn't get the bounces in the end. I thought they matched up physically but skill wise, they're a step behind some of the top end teams in the league.

Get a real #1 center and another scoring threat on the wing

Thanks for a realistic post in the midst of doom and gloom. I’m proud of this team making it a series. That said….lets see what happens with the offseason and a little cap space. If Sweeney has the balls he might be able to make a bold move or two to get better.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think Poitras can be the fall back, plus they have Freddy and Geekie who can play C. I like the thinking just don't want to block anyone and I am kind of sick of the piece together teams and would like to start getting some of these higher O side kids groomed for the big time
I honestly see Poitras starting the year in Providence which wouldn’t be a bad thing

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'm worried about the leafs . They a pissed off organization. I wanna stay clear away from them. Maybe they play Tampa and get bounced.

Me personally, when I see us own a team for a number of years, I don't want to play them again. I think the eventual loss would be a killer to watch.

When it's the opposite and we're the ones being owned, I always want another crack at toppling the big bad wolf.

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I did respect them until this series. Bunch of divers Fake tough guys that won't answer the bell. Cheap on the dl and won't back it up. Reminds me of those Kostitsyn sisters teams the Habs would roll out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad