Aries beats Dillinger
Dash & Dawson beat Ryder & Rawley
Joe beats Young

11th of May
Bálor promo, Samsn interrupts
Gable & Jordan beat Skyler & Hollis
Nakamura beats Riley
Alexa Bliss beats Rachael Ellering
Bálor beats Samson - Joe comes out, brawl, Regal books Joe vs Bálor for Takeover
Asuka beats Adrienne Reese - She’s the former Athena, using her real name

18th of May
Aries & Nakamura beat Bake & Murphy - Alexa abandoned them, then Blake abandoned Murphy.
Carmella beats Peyton Royce
Gargano and Ciampa beat Birch and Ryzin
Nia Jax beats Bayley - Bayley selling the knee
Gable & Jordan beat Dash and Dawson - non-Title(?)

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
So Kalisto is gonna lose to Ryback, who then quickly drops it to ADR in time for Cena's return, yeah?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It sounds great. Get the belt back on to Cena and get the open challenge going again. It's best for business by far.

But that means we have to sit through at least two more Ryback matches, and he gets to be champ, and who honestly wants to see ADR vs Ryback... gross.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would rather Kalisto just drop it to Cena himself. We'll get a good match out of it.

Bayley is not really injured, right? I'll weep forever.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think you should try and protect Kalisto a bit. Lets make it a 4-way of pain and get it all out of the way at once. Kalisto vs Del Rio vs Ryback vs Cena. You can make legit reasons for any of them to get a title shot, so just skip everything and get it all done in one match to shorten the pain and bring back the Cena we all love and need.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
i think losing to cena, one on one, would do far more for Kalisto than dropping it to Ryback on the pre-show, but yeah I think they'll try to 'protect' Kalisto and get their desired ADR-Cena feud and not actually get anyone over.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think you should try and protect Kalisto a bit. Lets make it a 4-way of pain and get it all out of the way at once. Kalisto vs Del Rio vs Ryback vs Cena. You can make legit reasons for any of them to get a title shot, so just skip everything and get it all done in one match to shorten the pain and bring back the Cena we all love and need.

With where the title is right now, I think it's dropping Cena too far down the card for the purpose of bringing that title back out of the gutter. When Cena originally went for the title, Rusev at least had something that made him a big-time chase especially with them playing up the nationalism stuff.

Cena coming back to claim that title would just be a way for them to Sandow three guys honestly.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Cena with the U.S open challenges will be great again but god its gonna be painful getting there if we have to see Ryback as U.S champ then Del Rio vs Ryback. Del Rio vs Cena bores the crap out of me but w.e's

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena should win the U.S. Title and hold it until the night after Summerslam when Shinsuke Nakamura answers his open challenge and wins the title.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't care what it does to thinks...Cena needs to win the US Title for 2 reasons.

1) The US Open Challenge was the best thing on Raw for it's entire run
2) It keeps him away from the World Title and the idea of Cena/Reigns basically claiming ownership of that belt is too much to deal with.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't care what it does to thinks...Cena needs to win the US Title for 2 reasons.

1) The US Open Challenge was the best thing on Raw for it's entire run
2) It keeps him away from the World Title and the idea of Cena/Reigns basically claiming ownership of that belt is too much to deal with.

I don't disagree with those reasons as to why but I don't think it's a good idea to just lump Cena with a bunch of curtain jerkers just because they have the title that needs to be elevated. Cena would be better served giving him a filler feud that allows him to go through Summerslam w/o the title to allow that title to be moved around to something that makes sense for Cena to chase down. Since his return, if true, is Memorial Day, that means his first PPV is Money in the Bank. You put him in the Money in the Bank match for the WWE Title with Jericho, Owens, Rollins, Ambrose or Styles depending on who is working Reigns, Orton if he's ready, Balor if Styles is in there, and/or Rusev or Bray Wyatt. Then you make it where Jericho thinks Cena cost him the match and let that play out to a match with Cena at Battleground or use it as a tag match with him and Owens against Cena and Zayn.

That should give them plenty of time to move the title off of Kalisto to someone like Strowman and have Cena chase him down. I know Strowman has been shuffled to the back but you have him squash Kalisto in a title match and he's back to monster mode and I know I will hate Strowman getting a title Bray but they already ran with Harper and the IC besides Bray should be chasing the WWE title almost as soon as he gets back. I think the US Open challenge thing should be something that is started around Survivor Series and through to Mania then your Shinsuke title win happens on the Raw after Mania or something.

Unverified leaker on Reddit says Roman vs. AJ will be a steel cage match.

Announced at the Payback pre-show or something? That's a little too soon for this program.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Unverified leaker on Reddit says Roman vs. AJ will be a steel cage match.
...at the next PPV.

You like missing key details, don't you :P.

But, depending on the details of the expected Bullet Club shenanigans, it can make perfect sense for a second match. Many permutations for that match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Oh well - I don't care, lol. I'm so out of the loop that I thought Extreme Rules was Sunday for some reason and Payback was the next PPV.

Oh well, whatever. Steel cage eventually, yup.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Seems Bray might miss closer to two months so them extending the Roman/AJ feud makes some sense (seemed like Bray was next in line before he went down).

Congrats to Mega Dad of the year for his newest kid!

tumblr_ns7gvq42821sbzhteo1_400.gif

Last edited:

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
Oh well - I don't care, lol. I'm so out of the loop that I thought Extreme Rules was Sunday for some reason and Payback was the next PPV.

Oh well, whatever. Steel cage eventually, yup.

Well extreme rules was supposed to be first until they switched it with Payback. Extreme Rules is on the 22nd now.

(incidentally, that means it's perfectly set for ADR to win the title on the 22nd and Cena to return on the 30th. You could have Kalisto retain on Sunday and do a triple threat on the 22nd with ADR pinning the big ****)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The odds for tonight:

Kalisto 4/9 vs Ryback 13/8
Dean Ambrose 1/7 vs Chris Jericho 4/1
Baron Corbin 8/11 vs Dolph Ziggler 1/1
Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady 1/2 vs The Vaudevillians 6/4
Kevin Owens 4/9 vs Sami Zayn 13/8
The Miz 1/3 vs Cesaro 9/4
Charlotte 1/6 vs Natalya 7/2
Roman Reigns 1/6 vs AJ Styles 7/2

Ambrose, Charlotee, and Reigns matches were set as winners very early on, but the rest were basically evens whenever I checked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad