• D

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • F

Votes: 48 15.6%

• Total voters

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
If they re-sign Marner it means they went to the Eastern final or better. Otherwise, he’s gone.
LOL. He's gonna get $12 million x 8 from Shanny.

You can say whatever you want about the deals he made, but when it comes to the deals he didn't make? The team's effort and results in the two games vs Boston this week dictated Tre's approach. He knows this team is not close enough to trade the 1st, Cowen, Minten, etc.

He did just enough so that they don't get bullied, the onus is now squarely on Matthews Marner, Nylander and Tavares...AS IT SHOULD BE.
And when they fail like they always have? Do you think there will be changes?

Not a chance.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I gave Brad the grade of A at the deadline. He dipped his toe in the water. Got band-aids for gaping wounds. Kept our prospects and the number one pick. I'm glad he didn't over spend. It's not happening this year for the Leafs, they went all in last season. Actually won a round.

I would give Brad the grade of C in his free agent signings. The team isn't cohesive. Defense regressed, PK sucks. Change the coach.
I'm still not convinced the D has regressed. I'm certain the goaltending has, tho.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I lowkey liked the approach after he grabbed Dewar and D depth is solid now but voted C- as I feel we could have grabbed a Saros/Carrier combo a few weeks ago when Nashville was ready to sell and didn't pull off any gamechanging moves like most of the other top teams.

Biggest issue on the team remains goaltending, especially when we are guaranteed to run into Vezina winners/nominees along the way in the playoffs.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I'm not impressed with what transpired, but really Treiliving had very little to work with. Clearly did not want to give up the #1 pick for a rental that had no chance of signing here.

I hope the D improvement is enough to stabilize the penalty kill, because that's been BAD.

The forwards are good enough, they just have to start performing like it.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Treliving - I feel we have enough in here to get where we need to get to

Current cup champs - We need more and will be adding Hanifin, Hertl, and Mantha.

To be fair, Treliving knows this team doesn't have it and of course will not say it out loud.

What about matthews, marner and nylander in the past playoffs makes you think Leafs have to "ADD" to that group?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Those that don't perform in the playoffs will be moved out.

The writing is on the wall

I see big changes in the summer and some fans are going to be really upset with who gets shipped out.

I am 100% fine with what Treliving did this TDL. We've done nothing but added every fraekin' time since the Tavares signing.

Its time to take a couple steps back a bit and let them show that this group deserves to be added to.

No amount of "adds" is gonna help the Leafs if the Core players do not perform in the psot season and get shutdown. Sulk at first hint of adversity and then run their mouth.

We gotta wait out Tavares contract or convince him to waive his NMC/NTC or convince him to go on LTIR and become available for playoffs lol

Probably a c+ to b-

The Leafs didn't spend any assets worth lamenting over and will be able to make use of the guys they got. That said none of the new guys are going to be super impactful either.

The two D men are a bit redundant given that both are bottom pairing usage guys who can't move the puck to save their lives (even though the physicality is needed).

Dewar has the potential to have the biggest and longest lasting impact. My favorite of the additions

Looking for new guys to be super impactful while the core gets shuts down again and again is not a good way to analyze this IMO.

Leafs added ROR last season and Leafs managed to just score 2 goals per game against the bolts while having the 3 11 AAV forwards only team in the league to have it at the time.

Sometimes its good to take a few steps back to take a bunch of steps forward

Reactions: Ports

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It will be such a Leafy thing the boys end up being in the ECF and lose to TB and Dumba scores the series winner. And most here would be like Tre sucks, he should had went all in....

Reactions: LeafsFan89

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I don't know which D man is gonna sit. We've got 7 guys. Only 2 are righties.

Rielly
Lyubushkin
McCabe
Liljegren
Edmundson
Brodie
Benoit

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Didn't put us any closer to winning the cup, he's far worse than Dubas.

I beg to differ.

Every trade deadline Dubas made significant moves by trading away early round draft picks like it was trending on Twitter, never got us anywhere close to the Cup.

These moves by Treliving may not get us any closer either but at least he didn't give up our few firsts or prospects in doing so.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Considering we’re cash strapped and have limited depth in the minors what’s he suppose to do. It’s Dubas that spends all that money on top six! Build from the net out which I think Tre likes. Moving forward that’s the way it will be if he stays as GM.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"Let's be clear on the messaging... I feel we have enough in here to get where we need to get to, but it's up to the group that's in here."

He's almost certainly wrong on the first part, but 100% correct on the second.
I get it though, it's public messaging so of course he has to give them a vote of confidence. Privately though he has to see what we see, that this group ain't it.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
It's good deadline day for sure. We didn't give up any regrettable assets, didn't take on any cap next year and may have possibly found a bottom six at a reasonable price for next season (perhaps allowing us to deal Kampf for a draft pick to recoup one that we gave up this week).

I did not want Knies, Robertson, Holmberg, Woll, Cowan, Minten, Grebonkin, Niemela or Hildeby moved. We didn't, so that's good.

I would have been OK moving our first for a player that could help us next year, we could still explore that in the offseason when you are not paying TDL prices.

We have an expensive and great core. Let's see them bring in the playoffs. If AM34 can score five or six goals in the first round we probably win. Let's go do it.

Reactions: aingefan

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
They could have traded any of the three if they wanted to this year. They didn't. And they won't BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE IF THEY WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Dude only possible option for trading was Nylander. The other 3 had full NTCs and NMCs

Nylander's game has grown relative to the others. Lets see what he does in playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad