Votes: 19 6.2%
  • F

Votes: 48 15.6%

• Total voters

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How did Tre do given draft capital/assets available, team's performance this season; and taking into account the historical performance of the core guys

I give him A-

I am happy he didn't do much and mortgage the future too much. We need to see MORE from matthews, marner, nylander in the post season before we invest any more significant draft capital/futures for help now.

What about you?

Sep 18, 2009
F

you Either Die a Hero or Live Long Enough

nevermind
A+

I like the muscle

Last edited:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I give him a B. He added 2 rugged defensive defensemen and a decent bottom 6 forward without giving up any significant assets.

Under the circumstances, I think he made the right call by holding on to our 1st round pick and the few legitimate top prospects we have in the organization. They will be key to our ability to remain competitive over the next few years.

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
The only thing worth adding was a top pair dman. Adding Boosh/Edmundson and losing five draft picks and Lagesson on waivers does nothing. Moves for the sake of making moves. Remains to be seen if bottom feeder's bottom pair d-men are even an upgrade on the Leafs' bottom pair d-men.

Unless the Leafs go deep of course, then OBVIOUSLY you need just need more grit on D, Tre is a genius, etc

Meh. C.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I gave him a B+.

I get why some people are frustrated that he didn’t do more. Believe me, I hear you on that front. But realistically, what could he really do? I don't think people fully realize how badly Dubas completely f***ed and depleted our draft capital over the years with the ridiculously stupid moves he made. The majority of which turned out to be pure rentals.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Considering we have zero 2nd round picks for the next 70 drafts and one of the better trading partners put a Leafs tax on their asking prices (Calgary), it was fine. Nothing really out there to use a first or a good prosect on

Not a huge fan of the Edmundson trade, but he should look better here. All those mid-late round picks can be recouped pretty easily.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Throwing 3rds at the depth of a roster that clearly needs larger changes just seems like a token deadline move for the sake of it.

I’m not saying Boosh or Edmunson aren’t bad pickups. But in the context of the teams current status it seems like throwing away assets. It could have been worse though.

I like that young prospect d-man and Dewar though. They have cost control and fill current minor needs.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
F

I'd rather have Guentzel than all the guys Treliving brought in combined. The return for Guentzel was pretty lackluster. Treliving almost certainly could have matched it.

That's not even mentioning missing out on his primary acquisition targets in Tanev and Hanifin.

He failed to get the players he wanted. He settled on other players of lesser quality. And he paid a pretty big price to add a bunch of guys who don't move the needle.

If that's not a failing grade then I don't know what is.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
F

I'd rather have Guentzel than all the guys Treliving brought in combined. The return for Guentzel was pretty lackluster. Treliving almost certainly could have matched it.

That's not even mentioning missing out on his primary acquisition targets in Tanev and Hanifin.

He failed to get the players he wanted. He settled on other players of lesser quality. And he paid a pretty big price to add a bunch of guys who don't move the needle.

If that's not a failing grade then I don't know what is.
Mid rd draft picks are not a big price.

Guentzle LOL, are you for real?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Pissed away a ton of picks, including for cap retention we didn't really need, to not really improve the roster in any kind of meaningful way.

Would have preferred just standing pat frankly, and used those picks in the offseason.

Reactions: LeafSteel

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
This is already a good team folks. What we need more than anything is a true number 1 D, to push Reilly down to 2, where he would excel. But that wasn't available (Hanifin maybe? but if he didn't wanna be here that's that).

Everyone has been saying we are "soft as butter" forever... Well he added, Reaves, Bert, Domi, Bush, Edmonson and somehow found Benoit. We have a heavy hitter on every D pair, and a bit more snot up front than last year.

Not opposed at all to moving our first in the off-season for a top 2 D, when prices are better and the landscape is totally different with new names possibly available.

I'd say a B just for not moving any significant pieces or picks.

20 games to gel boys, and anything can happen!

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
How did Tre do given draft capital/assets available, team's performance this season; and taking into account the historical performance of the core guys

I give him A-

I am happy he didn't do much and mortgage the future too much. We need to see MORE from matthews, marner, nylander in the post season before we invest any more significant draft capital/futures for help now.

What about you?
Not happy that we gave up picks to get the extra retention on Boosh and Edmundson and then didn't need to when all was said and done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad