Votes: 31 10.1%
  • D

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • F

Votes: 48 15.6%

• Total voters

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't know how anyone could like his deadline. If you think the team is too far away from being able to compete and too short on future assets, he should have sold some players off rather than jettison even more picks away. If you think the team should be trying to compete given they only have Matthews for a few more years, he did pretty much nothing to make the team better today. It's okay to admit he's been a bad GM so far, we've certainly seen our share of bad GMs

He surrounded our stars with some grit and just said. No excuses to them. Its not like our stars are leaving cap on the table for him to get better players.

Good for Tre. If Marner and JT fall flat I am guessing he will hit the brakes on Mitch Gretzky's inevitable 13m ask.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He didn't do great, but didn't do terrible. There was no point to sell the farm when we are most likely not beating Boston/Florida. Sadly that the way it looks...

But when you see Dumba + Zadorov cost less then Lybushkin + Edmundson (I think) you can't be too happy.

There is nothing stopping us from being able to beat Boston. I don’t understand the defeatist attitude people keep going with. I understand this week was suboptimal, but regular season series hasn’t generally been a great barometer of playoffs and even if it was we were only beaten in regulation 2 out of the 4 times. The Bruins are probably favoured but not by a significant margin. The leafs will have to play their A game, I’d expect no less to advance, but we are fully capable. It’s gonna be a war, those two losses this week sting because having home ice for a potential game 7 would have been nice.

Reactions: Smif

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I gave Brad the grade of A at the deadline. He dipped his toe in the water. Got band-aids for gaping wounds. Kept our prospects and the number one pick. I'm glad he didn't over spend. It's not happening this year for the Leafs, they went all in last season. Actually won a round.

I would give Brad the grade of C in his free agent signings. The team isn't cohesive. Defense regressed, PK sucks. Change the coach.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
An issue of course is this team's chances of a cup are likely going to come first or foremost through Matthews,.who is currently having a career year. This is the biggest reason why I had a hard time evaluating the TDL

It's going to be very interesting to look back at to see if the right call was made.

Either it was smart to preserve assets for future run, or we just had a massive missed opportunity with our 1C he playing the way he is. The best case scenario is the Leafs go on the playoff run we've been looking for while keeping those assets

Last edited:

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'm glad he didn't further mortgage the future but the Edmundson deal was unnecessary after Boosh was onboard.

He wasted picks there.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't know how anyone could like his deadline. If you think the team is too far away from being able to compete and too short on future assets, he should have sold some players off rather than jettison even more picks away. If you think the team should be trying to compete given they only have Matthews for a few more years, he did pretty much nothing to make the team better today. It's okay to admit he's been a bad GM so far, we've certainly seen our share of bad GMs

It’s definitely a fence sitting, one foot in one foot out deadline. A lot of my assessment will depend on whether these players walk as UFAs.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Lost Lagesson for no reason, slightly overpaid for Lybushkin, wasted picks for Edmundson who is no better than Lagesson, moved Knies to the minors for what? Pretending to create capapace
Overall just making fluff moves that don't do anything

• Wow
Reactions: Lemontree

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
C+. I’m glad he didn’t do anything super stupid, this team doesn’t seem like a true contender this year. However, I don’t get the Edmondson deal at all - another lefty who’s very much at the same level as Benoit and Gio, doesn’t move the needle IMO, threw away a 3rd and 5th for no reason.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
We kept our 1st round pick and got some depth on D which is nice considering we've been shorthanded on defence all year because of injuries. Then we got a pretty good defensive forward who PKs which is what we needed badly. I'd say it was a pretty good deadline. Hopefully guys like Robertson, Knies and McMann realize that management trusts them to get it done and they provide depth scoring which we need.

horner

May 22, 2007
The only ones not to show up in Boston last night was the core

Unless the match Pasta and Marchant will to win we are finished

Iam glad he keep the 1st and Cowen Minten and Grebyonkin

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I'll give him a B. He didn't pick up any old jalopies, nor did he give away any top prospects or a 1st. We look a little more equipped for playoff hockey and if Dewar can improve the PK, I'll consider upgrading to an A.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
How did Tre do given draft capital/assets available, team's performance this season; and taking into account the historical performance of the core guys

I give him A-

I am happy he didn't do much and mortgage the future too much. We need to see MORE from matthews, marner, nylander in the post season before we invest any more significant draft capital/futures for help now.

What about you?
This team has no path towards The Cup as long as the Core 4 are still here and Morgan Reilly is the teams best "defenseman".

F.

Didn't put us any closer to winning the cup, he's far worse than Dubas. People will realise in short order.
He's a puppet just like Dubas was. Shanny runs the show doing what the Corporate MLSE Board orders.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
No massive mistakes - but it’s not like he did something special.

Not a fan of his approach or reputation.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
There is nothing stopping us from being able to beat Boston. I don’t understand the defeatist attitude people keep going with. I understand this week was suboptimal, but regular season series hasn’t generally been a great barometer of playoffs and even if it was we were only beaten in regulation 2 out of the 4 times. The Bruins are probably favoured but not by a significant margin. The leafs will have to play their A game, I’d expect no less to advance, but we are fully capable. It’s gonna be a war, those two losses this week sting because having home ice for a potential game 7 would have been nice.
You don't?

You really don't understand why some people have a defeatist attitude about this team?

Really?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’d give him a B. Dewar is a nice low key move, perfect fourth liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad