Rantanen Vs Marner

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
This poll has proven that marner is not on the same level as rantanen... in the opinion of HFboard. There is not too much else that needs to be said. Leafs fans trying to so deperately to turn the poll is fighting a fruitless battle.

Idk man, Rantanen seems to leech off Mackinnon quite a bit.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Idk man, Rantanen seems to leech off Mackinnon quite a bit.
What are his numbers with vs without mackinnon? Aswell as mackinnon without rantanen?

I do realize the sample sizes will be small

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
sample size of MacKinnon without Rantanen is pretty large

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
mackinnon is the better player though. thats like saying mcdavid leeches off of drai when its clearly the opposite

None of those players "leeches" of any of the others. Mikko helps MacKinnon thrive, and he benefits from some easier points because of how incredible MacK is. It's the same way with Leon & McJesus. They help each other, but they don't need each other or leech off one another.

There's no need to tear one down to bolster the other. Just like both Kane & Panarin could be great players in their own right as well as great partners-in-crime.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
None of those players "leeches" of any of the others. Mikko makes MacKinnon better, and Mikko benefits from some easier points because of how incredible MacK is. It's the same way with Leon & McJesus. They help each other, but they don't need each other or leech off one another.

There's no need to tear one down to bolster the other. Just like both Kane & Panarin could be great players in their own right as well as great partners-in-crime.
I'm gonna need you to step away from the keyboard, this post makes way too much sense.

Solid post and agree 100%

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm gonna need you to step away from the keyboard, this post makes way too much sense.

Solid post and agree 100%

No kidding. HFBoards is no place for that sort of talk. Rantanen leeches of MacK and whould be an AHL player without him. There that sounds better.... :sarcasm:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It certainly does matter. If Im a GM looking to trade for one of these two that is definitely coming into play whether Rantanen can repeat his numbers without MacKinnon. Marner had the edge in that category, guy scores on the fourth line

Rantanen carried his ahl team as a rookie on his +1 season, went +ppg. On his 1st NHL season he lead the team in goals scored. On his 2nd season he's well over ppg and Mack is having his best season. Luck or has Rantanen raised Macks game?
They both benefit by playing together.

There's a massive difference on Marners& Rants point totals.

We hear here how Toronto has one of the best F groups in the league, if so then that's tough to match up against. Some of the kids won't get the attention by the opponents toughest lines. Colorado is a one line team, they get all the attention and still are killing it.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Rantanen is having an awesome year, for sure. But I'm still going with Marner. He's going to end up being better than all of them.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
i'd like to see what marner can do with 82 games next to matthews.
rantanen wouldnt be anywhere close to what he is doing now if he was buried next to kerfoot or soderberg

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Saw Marner when he was playing in the G and with the Knights, my fave OHL team - so picked him. Straight up homer pick.

Honestly, unless Marner was up against a Blackhawks player in a poll, I'll probably always pick him for everything. Obnoxious probably - but true.

MightySelanne8

Mar 10, 2014
Helsinki
Rantanen, he developes constantly and they might make one of the best duos for years to come with MacKinnon.

Its close, but you cant really ignore Mikkos statline this year, its far better than what Marner has done (so far, cant tell you about the future unluke some folks around these boards).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
i'd like to see what marner can do with 82 games next to matthews.
rantanen wouldnt be anywhere close to what he is doing now if he was buried next to kerfoot or soderberg

True, but give him Kadri and he’s still a 75 point player ;-)

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Are you saying 53 points is bad?

Rantanent away from MacKinnon likely doesnt break 50
Yes, MacKinnon boosts his scoring by 100%, because that f***ing happens.

Oh wait, it doesn't.

Rants was already the best goal scorer in one of the worst teams in history last year.

Anybody who puts up over PPG in the NHL is a great player, no matter who they play with.

Reactions: dukeofjive and cgf

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Rantanen, he developes constantly and they might make one of the best duos for years to come with MacKinnon.

Its close, but you cant really ignore Mikkos statline this year, its far better than what Marner has done (so far, cant tell you about the future unluke some folks around these boards).

you cant really ignore what marner did last year either. 60pts vs 38. Marner is still 8 pts up up Rantanen for their career

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad