Rumor: Rangers looking to deal for D

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
the title says looking to trade for D they did that

Hey, I'm with you, but not for nothing, but that's more of an issue with your formatting. I took the title combined with the OP to mean that the rumor you were putting out there was that the Rangers would be trading for Rob Scuderi, who is a defenseman. If what you were hearing was that the Rangers were dealing for a D and that they were ALSO in talks for Scuderi, but no necessarily him, that's different. It wasn't exactly clear.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
God no. We can't buy him out then and will get bent over for recapture.

You are right.
Only possible exception might be if there was a conditional draft pick, like 3rd round, coming back EACH and EVERY year of balance of contract.

Conditional: if Richards is "healthy" and not injured, and recapture charge vs. us, fine, no pick coming here; if not, they have to pony up each year he is "not healthy" enough to screw us for recapture.

Then we still get the cap hit, but at least we get a decent pick each year we take the risk and recap applies.

Just to be clear.
I'm with RB on this one.
Buy him out NOW.
What I said above relates to IF you are gonna trade him at all, at least put some protection in.

Wolfpack21

Dec 14, 2008
Ranger fan in Jersey
Thank you very much dagoon!

From what I've read it seems as if Falk is a capable bottom pairing d man which the rangers could definantly use but I find it interesting that he also plays on the left side. An I looking too much into the side each d plays?

Does scuds play left or right?

Just curious to see how this all pans out.

Is it a greater possibility we flip one of our top left d men for a top right d man or is it more likely we trade a top left d man for a top six winger??

KreiMeARiver*

Some interesting things could be in the works. Scuderi is a solid D who is a proven winner. We definitely could use the toughness. If we end up moving Staal, acquiring Scuderi, and signing Clowe, I'll take it.

I'd hate to see Staal go, but (GULP) I trust the Rangers brass, today.

This is one of the deepest draft in years and we have ZERO first round picks. I would not be the least bit surprised to see us acquire one.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Some interesting things could be in the works. I'm not going to comment on any specific rumor.

This is one of the deepest draft in years and we have ZERO first round picks. I would not be the least bit surprised to see us acquire one.

After the Richards decision I have absolutely zero confidence.

Punxrocknyc19*

Some interesting things could be in the works. Scuderi is a solid D who is a proven winner. We definitely could use the toughness. If we end up moving Staal, acquiring Scuderi, and signing Clowe, I'll take it.

im gonna guess a trade with Flames. just a feeling i have..

Punxrocknyc19*

i would love that but at this point can you still see the Rangers do that?? i hope so.... they need their own young star..

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
As much as I criticize Sather for some decisions, I can NOT criticize him for his trades. He comes out on the better end many more times than not. So if he was to trade Staal, I'm sure he'd get value coming back.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Sather may be open to listening to offers for Staal. It doesn't mean that he's actively being shopped or that he would accept anything short of a monster offer that would significantly aid the team.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I don't understand this talk with Staal possibly being traded. Why is this even an option? How does this exactly help the Rangers unless we're upgrading the top 6 immediately? Besides McD and Staal, we have nothing great moving forward. I don't see Girardi lasting much longer. DZ can be a wreck and mediocre. Moore? Fundamentally sound but not that good. Stralman as an achor back there? Eminger? lol

Keep Staal. Show patience with Kreider and Miller. That'll solve our issues.

Last edited:

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
I don't understand this talk with Staal possibly being traded. Why is this even an option? How does this exactly help the Rangers unless we're upgrading the top 6 immediately? Besides McD and Staal, we have nothing great moving forward. I don't see Girardi lasting much longer. DZ can be a wreck and mediocre. Moore? Fundamentally sound but not that good. Stralman as an achor back there? Eminger? lol

Keep Staal. Show patience with Kreider and Miller. That'll solve our issues.

My view:

If Staal is in play it's only because DZ was offered will relatively little interest. If Staal is traded then we know who other teams really want (IMO). The Rangers need more scoring. They probably are willing to downgrade their D if they believe that they can sufficiently upgrade their offense (especially the PP). I suspect a more up tempo game is the order of the day and the defensive/goalie low scoring games are a thing of the past. Is Bobby Ryan a possibility? Perhaps a center with some offensive skills?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
My view:

If Staal is in play it's only because DZ was offered will relatively little interest. If Staal is traded then we know who other teams really want (IMO). The Rangers need more scoring. They probably are willing to downgrade their D if they believe that they can sufficiently upgrade their offense (especially the PP). I suspect a more up tempo game is the order of the day and the defensive/goalie low scoring games are a thing of the past. Is Bobby Ryan a possibility? Perhaps a center with some offensive skills?

Ryan could have been a possibility if We bought out Richards. We could have maybe signed another center as well. Now, unless we deal couple of guys to make room it's going to be very hard to shed salary.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 1m
#NYR Further to @Real_ESPNLeBrun news from earlier, I'm told a handful of teams are interested in acquiring Ryane Clowe's negotiating rights

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00