Rumor: Rangers looking to deal for D

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
There are only 3 pairings What are we doing with 5 guys who play the left side?

one of staal or mdz will play the right side as a pair with each other if they are both here...they looked good together early last year before staal got hurt

staal got hit in the right eye so if he's vision isn't back to 100% (and it sounds like there is a chance it might not ever) then a shift to the right side might be benefial for him cause it would put the majority of the ice/play to his left and his good eye, we'll minimizing what is to his right

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
one of staal or mdz will play the right side as a pair with each other if they are both here...they looked good together early last year before staal got hurt

staal got hit in the right eye so if he's vision isn't back to 100% (and it sounds like there is a chance it might not ever) then a shift to the right side might be benefial for him cause it would put the majority of the ice/play to his left and his good eye, we'll minimizing what is to his right

Didn't we try Del Zotto on the right side before? I thought he didn't look too comfortable there.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Didn't we try Del Zotto on the right side before? I thought he didn't look too comfortable there.

my preference is to move staal...he's the smarter and more sound defensive guy so i think he'll adjust better.

but people seem to think that left handed guys can't play the right side...2/3 of the dmen in the league are left handed, so a ton of them play the right side. a few years ago the flyers had 6 lefties on their blueline.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Scotty Hockey ‏@ScottyHockey 5m

Asked Gordie Clark if we'll have a reason to get excited before the third round. He said that he didn't want to show up so early...

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Asked Gordie Clark if we'll have a reason to get excited before the third round. He said that he didn't want to show up so early...

As in he had to show up because they'll be busy, or he thinks they'll just be sitting around lol.

Championship*

I'm sure Gordie Clark is just itching to give away the Rangers plans to a nobody blogger

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009

I have no idea what I'm supposed to take away from this haha

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
He didn't want to show up early. Was told to be there this early for a reason. We'll see.

Shouldn't he be at the draft regardless, considering that's his job? However without having a pick and not being a part of trade negotiations unless they involve our picks could indicate the Rangers will have a pick earlier than he anticipated. Who knows.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Justin Falk ‏@JuicerFalk 15m
I'm beyond excited for this new chapter with the @NYRangers! Looking forward to everything that's ahead in front of the Ranger faithful!

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
He didn't want to show up early. Was told to be there this early for a reason. We'll see.

not implied at all...all 30 teams are at their draft tables to start the draft. the teams that pick 28th don't wonder in an hour into the draft.

i took it as clark expects to be bored out of his mind waiting for us to pick

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
what does that mean?

It means that, if nothing you mentioned comes to pass, then clearly they were never being discussed in the first place. That must mean you're a bad source of info. :shakehead

Pay that no mind. Most of us understand that rumors are just that. And that not everything that is being discussed, and somehow leaks, will definitely end up happening.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
the title says looking to trade for D they did that already.. this place is a tough crowd
lets see
Orr leaving
Brashear signing
Rupp signing and leaving
Prust trade
Torts firing
Clowe trade
guess i dont break enough on here for some people

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca