Injury Report: Quinton Byfield out indefinitely with ankle injury

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Sorry to hear the youngster got injured the other day! Wishing a speedy recovery for Quinton Byfield

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
All things considered, a break is better than a sprain. Sprains repeat overtime, ligaments get involved and it gets nasty to heal and good possibility to reinsure. A break is a break. Bone, heals, back to normal less likely to reinjure later.

I agree, but with the sort of medical care and therapy they get, all of these types of injuries heal pretty well and quick.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
I’m bummed to hear Q us gonna be out for a while. He’s young and heal be back healthier than ever. I betting on it. What I am thankful for is that our first young hope, Gabe Vilardi, is showing us what the hype was all about way back when he was drafted. I really believe he’s gonna be to QB, what Mark Messier and Ron Francis were to Gretzky and Lemieux.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I don't read anyone else saying this but it looked to me like a little bit of a slew foot in the play.

Fischer finished his check emphatically, but I think that's the mark of an effective, physical player. You see a hundred "half-hits" a game, but you notice the players who hit to leave a mark. I don't think it was a slew foot, but Fischer was trying to leave a mark.

That being said, I think the fact that Fischer felt emboldened to "hit to leave a mark" against our best prospect means the Kings need players like Lemieux in the regular lineup and guys like Anderson, Andersson, and others to play rougher and meaner.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
How is he doing with his recovery? Is he still ways away from returning?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Not a whole lot to be said until he gets the boot off and starts skating. We just have a knack for top prospects getting injured, especially at the beginning of a season. The real interesting thing will be when he gets back. Do they send him to the AHL for reconditioning? When he moves up what's going to happen with Kupari and his newfound progress and the damnation being wrought on Vilardi?

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Look at that! Insider info you can't find anywhere else!

breaking-news-wow.gif

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Not a whole lot to be said until he gets the boot off and starts skating. We just have a knack for top prospects getting injured, especially at the beginning of a season. The real interesting thing will be when he gets back. Do they send him to the AHL for reconditioning? When he moves up what's going to happen with Kupari and his newfound progress and the damnation being wrought on Vilardi?
QB needs to be in Ontario, developing.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
QB needs to be in Ontario, developing.

If you mean as a rehab assignment once he comes back from injury, yes I'd agree. Short of that, QB belongs in the NHL. Last season he was ONT's best player on any given night, save for when Lias got sent down (and not including Amadio).; at least in my opinion. I think his board work and decision making needs improvement, but his size, speed and skill were noticeable. I think he'd be better served watching, learning and playing along side Kopitar and PD given his progression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad