Injury Report: Quinton Byfield out indefinitely with ankle injury

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Worth noting that in Byfields post game interview he said “… I got a little sick from Covid…”. So even with mild symptoms it’ll probably take him a couple of weeks to fully shake it off. It took me a month to shake off the fatigue and I had it VERY mildly. So let’s manage expectations a little.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
From what ive seen he frequently makes the D look dumb w some deceptive speed (I admit they were flat footed there).. but hasnt been finishing. You can see all the raw talent.

He's like Kopitar in a way, you can't always tell he's going so fast when he's in his huge strides, it's not like McDavid with football drill feet. So all it takes is one cutback and he dusted everyone.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
and just wait until he truly learns how to use that speed -- both physically and skill/knowledge wise. He's seriously a baby giraffe NHL-wise. I can't even wrap my brain around what he's going to look like as an NHL player when he's 24-29.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Regarding Quinton growing, learning, getting stronger...only 19 and 'where he will be, by the time he's 21 or 22'.....it's interesting about filling out and adding muscle and bulk.
It has not been discussed much (in detail) and it seems pretty telling back around camp this year, when asked about his weight. He does not want to add much and said
he wants to be quick and agile, as that seemingly is what he feels his game must be and thus not becoming 230+ and bulking and much more muscle. At 19, he still will
be naturally filling out some, anyway.

'everyone' says "wait until he adds weight to his frame, say 15 pounds of muscle". Even Yannetti said at the time of the draft, that Quinton was not close to mature for his body and strength and will take time...insinuating that he will someday be 230+ and much stronger. He's 220-225 now (the 215 listing is over 1 year ago) and QB said last year he was 222 and fluctuates. BUT, Quinton has said that he does not want to put on weight and likes being agile and does not want more weight. So....looks like he will not be bulking up a lot. I think it will be some middle ground, where the strength coach will get him stronger and not with bulking so much.
The result: he's 6'5" (he was measured at the draft at 6'4.75") now and 222, I would say. And he's going to get stronger and add muscle and top out at 230. So, when people say "Quinton's going to be a monster, like 6'5" 240" No, he's not. He highly values his quickness higher than bulking and he will win out, over becoming MacDermid big. That's fine. The result will be that he will be quick and strong, but possibly not quite the physical force he could be at 235+.

Oh, and NO WAY Kopitar is 6'3" 225. He's probably close to 240. Certainly not an ounce under 235. Did you hear Stoll laugh (about 2 yrs ago?) and say "I know Kopi's not 225" and was laughing.

Reactions: ru4reals

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I’m seeing this “man strength” a lot. I’m close to 30, when do I get this man strength?

With great man strength comes great responsibility...

1014.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’m seeing this “man strength” a lot. I’m close to 30, when do I get this man strength?

:laugh:

I don't know how to describe it, the best way I can is that somewhere in my mid 20s, without putting on any weight, I went from being the kid getting tossed around to the one accidentally getting penalized for blowing kids up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad