GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • Finland vs. Russia • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
You can't have 9 KHL players and hope to win. KHL is a joke league. Yevgeni Medvedev couldn't make the American Hockey League he has no business on an olympic roster yet he was their 3rd or 4th best defenseman.

Finland had quite a few khl players.
Hint: Russia played like ****. They aren't ****. They just played like it. Awful coaching, laziness, and frustration.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Almost crying. Gold, silver and kicked **** out of russia!
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif
gw-jajaja.gif

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Is it the fault of their defenders if Russia could only score 1 goal for almost 40 shots??:help::help:
Blame the likes of Ovie, Geno or Kovalchuk, not the defenders.

Well elite defensmen can feed the likes of kovies and ovies good breakout passes and generally create some offense too,so yeah its partly the fault of defense too.Also if you are a forward and you dont feel safe about your D you cant open up as much as you`d want to.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Where's that guy that said you couldn't get Malkin for the two best Americans?

Wanna make that trade yet?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

As a Canadian who knows how much the game means to Russian fans, I know it would be devastating to lose the GF on home soil.

It can't be easy being in that arena right now.

Well said.

Finns prolly got pissed when Kovalchuk celebrated the way he did

Missed it. What did he do?

Rad is a dummy.

Congrats, guys.

That crowd reaction. :(

Why? I feel bad for them.

The Canadian broadcast crew at CBC was an embarrassment today. Idiots all of them.

I don't like that crew at all. Healy is painful to listen to.

russian fans deserve better than this, how come there is ZERO compete out there ? unexcusable

It's too bad.

To OV's credit, he did the interview.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Russia struggled to beat Slovakia and Norway. If they play like they did the past 2 games, Finland will beat them soundly. You probably should be more concerned about if and when Russia's offense is ever going to wake up.
I repeat where will Finlands O come from. Russia plays a solid collapsing system.

Like I was saying. RUSSIA=OVERRATED

The Yzerplan

Not enough goalies
May 14, 2009
You can't have 9 KHL players and hope to win. KHL is a joke league. Yevgeni Medvedev couldn't make the American Hockey League he has no business on an olympic roster yet he was their 3rd or 4th best defenseman.

Finland has 8 KHL players and 2 FEL players on the roster FYI...

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Kovi did nothing wrong? are you kidding me, i dont give a **** what his point totals says he was atrocious.

Semin was >>>>>Kovi

why why WHYW HYW HWYWBYBFEWAIdfhkuiasudhfgiuw ehj5rgiuhsergsi was ovechkin still playing with malkin?

why whyawihdujscdiu jsoifsdufg90emigt093ti3 t5i3imtv3vq0p 934iqji4 was nuke being benched?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Ovechkin shows some class and does an interview with Friedman.

He looks like someone just died.

It is not his fault. I feel terrible for the guy.

Mara

May 10, 2011
I watched Finland - Canada and the Canadians were simply faster and stronger in every area of the game. I then watched Russia play yesterday and I noticed a glaring difference: Russia, too, is a lot slower than Canada at every area of the game. They just don't play fast and straightforward. After seeing that I was confident Finland would be able to defend against Russia after such a good effort against Canada.

This win is not surprising on any level. Good job lions, you deserve it.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

100% and the KHL coaching staff was Pejorative Slured as well. oh well no one cares but russia, i wanted them to win because the finns are boring to watch and they suffocate games but hockey is hockey you play the way you play.

SingaporeRanger

Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
After seeing this game I am re evaluating team US, I actually don't think they are all that. It'll be interesting semi's though with Sweden and Finland battling it out in one and (most likely) US Canada in the other.

I wanted the Sweden Finland game in the final but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad