GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • Finland vs. Russia • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I hope this shows the entire country of Russia what the rest of the world already knew. There's a big difference between winning at the WHC and the Olympics. They all get high and mighty when the beat everyone's B team, but when it's best-on-best, they fold like a cheap suit. When all of the world's best teams gather, not only are the Russians not one of the elite teams, they're not even one of the good ones. 1981 and counting. Congrats Finland!
And the Finnish B-team just needed Rask to beat Russia.

Great game, Lions! Oh man, I barely can believe this even though I always had faith.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Congratulations, Finns! You guys deserved that win!

Finland is like my adopted country since there's so many Wild Finn fans.

Congrats! :D

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
You can't have 9 KHL players and hope to win. KHL is a joke league. Yevgeni Medvedev couldn't make the American Hockey League he has no business on an olympic roster yet he was their 3rd or 4th best defenseman.

Finland has 8 players from KHL and 3 from Liiga. Just sayin'.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Besides the people of Russia being disappointed with this result, NBC's got to be pretty pissed when Russia-USA or Russia-Canada gold medal game options no longer exist.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Amazing

You can't go down against Finland and expect to have an easy time of it. Great goalie, great defense, and when they're up a couple of goals it's going to be hell getting through the neutral zone cleanly and setting up in the offensive zone.

Russia dug their grave by starting Varlamov and letting Finland get the lead

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
You can't have 9 KHL players and hope to win. KHL is a joke league. Yevgeni Medvedev couldn't make the American Hockey League he has no business on an olympic roster yet he was their 3rd or 4th best defenseman.

Finland has the same number of KHL players Russia does.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
There has been a myth propagated on this board for several years now that the Russians are a much better team than they actually are. They were destroyed by Canada in the last Olympics 7-3 and Finland just handled them quite easily as well. Perhaps the USA win over Russia the other day wasn't quite as epic as was portrayed by many American fans and media? Heh.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Komarov had one hell-of-a-game! Constantly yapping and getting under the Russians skin. He was easily one of our best players. U could really see that they lost their focus every time he was on the ice!

Lets not even start talking about Rask. Incredible...

member 151739

Stop with the Putin jokes. Stop with the "disappearance" jokes. Stop with joking about the Olympics being canceled and that people are going to die. We shouldn't have to warn you about this.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Can Erik Karlsson and company break Finland's trap?

Finland has to resort to a boring game because they are missing their TOP FOUR :amazed: centers...at this point I wouldn't even be shocked to see them take gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad