GDT: Quarterfinal • Feb. 19 • Finland vs. Russia • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Great defensive game by the finns and Rask.

But Russia lacks a game plan and should get a coach that plays modern hockey.

If the game was about circling around in full speed in solo raids instead of scoring goals Russia would no doubt be the best in the world .

Also Rask >>>> Varlarmov

Granlund a great player and Selanne still a fantastic player !

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Russia cost themselves when they failed to put Slovakia away in regulation. They would have had the bye and extra day's rest???

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
Where's that russian guy who said that Finland doesn't stand a chance? :naughty:
Have to admit though that I was skeptical before the game but the Finns fought hard and Tuukka stood on his head.
Great game!
I feel bad for the rest of the russian fans though, with all of the hype and not even making the semis

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
I dunno why I'am laughing.. because I'am sad, or because this is such an embarrassment this is just too funny..

Everyone played bad, except first line, they had their chances.

Waiting for the **** storm in Russian media. :D

Analyzer*

The Russian coach seems awful. So many questionable decisions.

This.

The guy has shown he's a massive tool. He's almost Therrien bad.

I mean, you play a ****** defenseman like Medvedev when you need a goal and not, oh, I don't know... Markov ?

Only saw the 3rd period, but he seemed to want to win showed up sporadically at best. Tough loss and it will hurt, but some players just didn't want to show up...

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
You can't have 9 KHL players and hope to win. KHL is a joke league. Yevgeni Medvedev couldn't make the American Hockey League he has no business on an olympic roster yet he was their 3rd or 4th best defenseman.
Finland has 11 euro players nothing to do with that

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
Now before people complain (not that it's going to stop them) Finland was full measure for the win. This wasn't some tomato can international team that Russia lost to, but a top tier medal threat.

Though perhaps Healy might be right, too many KHLers getting too much ice time...

Wtf is anyone really that shocked by this result. Finland is a great team only ignorant people thought or think this is a massive upset... Finland is always in at the end.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Russia cost themselves when they failed to put Slovakia away in regulation. They would have had the bye and extra day's rest???

haha no. That was not the issue. An extra day of rest doesn't give them chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad