Prospect Info: Prospects Part 5: IceHogs/Fuel/College & Juniors/Int'l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he is Young and this is something many don't seem to understand. He Needs to adapt to NA, not NA hockey. His life turned upside down after being away from what you know since you were Born.

Playing 3 weeks in NA and living in a Hotel during that time is one Thing, leaving your home and Country and stuff you being used to is something different. He'll be fine

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Because what worries me in this article is not TT's comments, but Dent's comments. It is troubling seeing Dent compare Teuvo to 4 NHLers who either have been pushed out of the organization in the last year or are in the process of being pushed out.

Now that he's already frustrated... why fight it? TT for Yak.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
My opinion on him hasn't changed. I think he will be a 50-70 point scorer in the NHL.
Something like 10G 45A.

My concern is this season. I want him to get going because if he is a competent NHL center this season It's just over. I want to see a Saad Teravainen Shaw third line. It makes our lineup dominant.

So basically I'm fine and understand his struggles. I'm not like claiming he is a bust or anything. BUT he represents a Stanley Cup to me this season. Rolling:
Sharp toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Saad Teravainen Shaw
Bickell Kruger Smith

.... I just think it's over if Teravainen is competent.

If TT wasn't frustrated, I'd be worried. Some are blowing this TT/AHL thing way out of proportion.

I like that lineup. Plug TT in for Shaw, move Shaw to the wing, drop Bickell down to the 4th line and we're in business. Do it in January, so TT has plenty of time to acclimate.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I have to agree that this media angle and reactions to it seem blown out of proportion. I don't know how he should reply when he is not producing and not being able to play with his strengths. Claim he is happy to be in AHL when his, and every other player there, goal is NHL? I didn't see anything saying he's suggesting he deserves to be called up. Talk about putting additional pressure on him, with people calling him a whiner...

The timeline for the call-up will be interesting. If the Hawks have plans for him being up next season, it would make sense to get him at least some NHL experience this season. However, it would hardly be good for team morale if he gets called up if other players are playing better.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
The TT is frustrated meme is much ado about virtually nothing. The media need to constantly feed the monster. So they spew material and the TT is frustrated "story" gets blown way, way out of proportion.

I have zero problem with bringing up the kids who are knocking on the door and will be battling for spots next year for a cup of coffee or two. Whets the appetite and is smart.

TT's situation is different. I hope he's enjoying Rockford (lol), 'cause once he gets called up, he's not going back.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
The media may be blowing things up unnecessarily but BSing the media with boring answers is something hell have to learn to advance in an organization as PR-obsessed as the Blackhawks.

*I* don't care about TT expressing frustration that I'm sure most of the guys in Rockford feel, but maybe the Hawks front office could worry about that sort of thing as part of other concerns they could have about calling up a 20-year-old new to NA.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just hope it gets behind us fast. Whether he's truly frustrated or is just mildly so and this is nothing more than media making mountains out of molehills, just wish he'd ben in the Indian Head for good sooner rather than later.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Oh boy. Now Hockey News has some article about the "fractured relationship" possibly costing the Hawks TT. :facepalm:

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Yikes at the Hockey News story, what a hack job. Speculating if a player on the first year of his ELC, after less than 20 games, is pondering about (and having the possibility) about walking from the organization?

Saying TT's play hasn't been a factor in who gets called up?

Not checking his nationality, even when he is quoted as saying as playing in Finland for years?

Superb journalism, truly...

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I do think It makes sense to give guys some time up in the NHL even though it might Hurt you a bit on a game to game basis. Gives them a taste of what its like, how much faster and more skilled it is and it may make you work harder to get back. What do you think is going on in danaults mind right now? My guess is how hard he has to work and how hard he wants to work to get back. Not every player is Teows, Hossa, Keith. Some are Leddy, Pirri, Bickell, Kane who don't always work as hard as they should and need something to jump start them a bit. I know most people would say if they are not willing to give a 100% all the time I don't want them, but the reality is those guys are the exception.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So apparently in the midst of the "fractured relationship" that the Hawks have with Teuvo, he sat for a nearly 13-minute interview with the weekly IceHogs radio show on Monday night.

http://icehogs.com.ismmedia.com/ISM...ighlights/HogTalk/TeravainenHogTalk112414.mp3

Nothing exciting here. Mostly just chitchat about Finland vs. America. Maybe TT is at times a little awkward just in how his answers are somewhat stilted as he tries to find the right words for things in English or he isn't sure how to answer certain things (like inane questions like whether he exchanged trash talk with his assistant coach who is coaching Team USA at the upcoming world juniors), but he seems in this to be 100 percent on message about needing to work on things to improve his game to get to the NHL and didn't really say anything that could be construed as whining or complaining.

And the Blackhawks just uploaded a glowing profile of Teravainen with an interview to the Blackhawks TV site.

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=682203&catid=894

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It's so gross how the story of frustration comes out and then bTV rushes to Rockford to do a fluff piece with him. :laugh: I'll give the Hawks this, they know how to control a story.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
It's so gross how the story of frustration comes out and then bTV rushes to Rockford to do a fluff piece with him. :laugh: I'll give the Hawks this, they know how to control a story.

I'm more guessing BHTV had this in the can ready to release whenever Teuvo got the call up. Perhaps them asking Teuvo to sit for this even led him to think his call-up was closer than it was making him more disappointed. As we saw with how the PR people went crazy hyping Brad Richards as the 2C answer in the lead up to the season and then we had the whim of Q slotting him in the bottom 6 instead right before the season started, the PR people and the hockey people aren't always on the same page about how the roster is constructed.

But it is pretty funny imagining John McDonough in some conference room ordering someone to get him a fluff piece now.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm more guessing BHTV had this in the can ready to release whenever Teuvo got the call up. Perhaps them asking Teuvo to sit for this even led him to think his call-up was closer than it was making him more disappointed. As we saw with how the PR people went crazy hyping Brad Richards as the 2C answer in the lead up to the season and then we had the whim of Q slotting him in the bottom 6 instead right before the season started, the PR people and the hockey people aren't always on the same page about how the roster is constructed.

But it is pretty funny imagining John McDonough in some conference room ordering someone to get him a fluff piece now.

I'm going full hockey nerd here, but TiVo is trying to grow a movember mustache in that video (it's going terribly). That is a recent feature. I'm pretty sure McD in the board room slamming his fist on a mahogany table demanding they get out to Rockford and fluff it up is exactly what happened :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Well not to dash your board room scenario suspicions or anything but the Blackhawks are CLAIMING this interview took place in Rockford last week

Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 3h3 hours ago
Blackhawks TV went to Rockford last week… and got Teuvo to crack a joke. No, seriously. WATCH: http://onego.al/ETLy2

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
When Teuvo is older and he plays in the NHL, he will notice that AHL years are the years which makes him good NHL player. Another Finnish prospect last year said that there is nothing good at playing in the AHL. Now he is one of the best players in his AHL team and he will play in the NHL soon (maybe next year). Hard times will make him special player, Teuvo will notice that.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Thinking about it and rereading and rewatching some stuff, I'm not too concerned, actually. I think Turbo's just a fairly upfront guy with his emotions and there's a mild language/cultural barrier, so he's just a tad bit more open with his annoyances than most folks we see in this sport. I guarantee you that each and every player in the AHL wishes that they were in the NHL right now instead. I haven't really seen anything to suggest that he's very pissed at the organization or is a risk to becoming a locker room cancer.

Think he's just really amped to be in the NHL now, and that's a good thing. I hope he's up here for good soon.

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
How's Hartman looked so far this season? any difference between his brief time in the AHL last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad